Preseason Schedule is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Ugh.. 8 games! This is so dumb.. why so many games?? Cut it down to 3 games and then give the players more rest. There is no reason why the entire month of October has to be used for just preseason games.
    I believe preseason is sort of an extension of summer league, so I doubt that our key starters(Lowry, Demar, Amir, maybe Jonas) will get a lot of ice time, esp Demar and Jonas who could have a busy summer at the FIBA Worlds. Hope to see the rookies and prospects get the ice time (TRoss, Bruno, Bebe, Deandre, Cherry, etc.).

Comment

Going to the Vancouver game woooooo
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
        I wish we were playing Brooklyn rather than Boston here in TO. Fuck Brooklyn!
        I think there's actually a legit rivalry here in the dot. I remember when the raps selected bruno, a bunch of nets fans started booing haha. Even on twitter, when I see a Brooklyn fans, they sometimes shit talk Toronto.

I love it, can't wait for a regular season game between the two teams!
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I believe preseason is sort of an extension of summer league, so I doubt that our key starters(Lowry, Demar, Amir, maybe Jonas) will get a lot of ice time, esp Demar and Jonas who could have a busy summer at the FIBA Worlds. Hope to see the rookies and prospects get the ice time (TRoss, Bruno, Bebe, Deandre, Cherry, etc.).
          Typically the first half of the pre-season games will feature the starters for 20 - 25 minutes. The last few games they will be playing near the regular rotation the coach expects to use.

Comment

6 of the 8 games are on the road.. just being on the road is tiring enough in my opinion. I just don't understand why they need to play so many games. I'm sure the players would appreciate more rest through out the year too. Even if they give more minutes to the bench.. there will be some pressure to play the starters.. after all there are people buying tickets to these games.

I understand it's all about the money.. just don't see the point of 8 games - 6 of which are on the road.

Comment

6 of the 8 games are on the road.. just being on the road is tiring enough in my opinion. I just don't understand why they need to play so many games. I'm sure the players would appreciate more rest through out the year too. Even if they give more minutes to the bench.. there will be some pressure to play the starters.. after all there are people buying tickets to these games.

I understand it's all about the money.. just don't see the point of 8 games - 6 of which are on the road.
              Remember though, that it is 8 games over about 3 weeks - not anywhere near the strenuous travel schedule of the regular season.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I must say, I'm not on the same page as you with this one at all.

If they want a break , they can take it during the rest of the summer.

By that time a lot of guys will probably be itching to get back on court, and there's no better way to really shake off the summer rust than actually running plays and getting back in the swing of the season with your team.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                  I must say, I'm not on the same page as you with this one at all.

If they want a break , they can take it during the rest of the summer.

By that time a lot of guys will probably be itching to get back on court, and there's no better way to really shake off the summer rust than actually running plays and getting back in the swing of the season with your team.
                  I think that 8 games is too much. It is spread across three weeks, but if I was a player I'd rather have an extra week or two off during the regular season than to pile up a bunch of meaningless games before the season starts. I also have to play on the road for 6 of those games.. May not be as strenuous as 6 road games in the regular season but still strenuous enough.

Essentially if I had an option of playing 8 meaningless games (6 of which were on the road) in 3 weeks or 4 games (2 of which were on the road) in 2 weeks with the added benefit of getting an extra week off in the regular season.. I'd take the second option every time. 4 games should be plenty to remove any rust I had.

Comment

Wait you want them to get a week off during the regular season?

I'm not sure those two issues are directly related
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

PSA: I scored four free tickets courtesy of a Bell giveaway last year. I'll post it here if they host that again.

Comment

Working...
                      X