Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bennett and Wiggins future of the 3 and 4 spot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employee wrote: View Post
    Don't forget Tristan has the same agent as Lebron. I won't be surprised if he ends up staying.
    that's a guarantee that he's staying with the CAVS. it's a brotherhood.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
      I was just in cleveland on the weekend, 10 mins south and its gods country bud, I wouldn't knock it so badly.
      Forgot southern Ohio is part of the bible belt.

Comment

Too many Raptor Homer's here, already planning Wiggins coming back.

First of, it ain't going to be 4 years, if he turns into a bona fide star he will be there 7 years.

Secondly who is to say that the Raptors will want him in 4 or 7 years?! Maybe they will have someone better at that spot, or maybe Wiggins will end up being a poor man's Rudy Gay who hogs the ball even more so. You just don't know yet at this point how he will turn out and how much money he may want.

Thirdly who is to say the Raptors won't suck and be at the bottom of the Atlantic division in 7 year time?! just like all teams not named the Spurs, there eventually be a transition where a team reaches its height (every 5 years or so), followed by decay and then blowup and start again. Will Wiggins want to sign with a bad Toronto Raptor teams when he is 26?! or will the shores of Miami or teaming up with other superstars will be calling him??!! So many Raptor fans are so sure he will sign here, wait until he has to make that decision.

In the meantime concentrate on the present.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          Too many Raptor Homer's here, already planning Wiggins coming back.

First of, it ain't going to be 4 years, if he turns into a bona fide star he will be there 7 years.

Secondly who is to say that the Raptors will want him in 4 or 7 years?! Maybe they will have someone better at that spot, or maybe Wiggins will end up being a poor man's Rudy Gay who hogs the ball even more so. You just don't know yet at this point how he will turn out and how much money he may want.

Thirdly who is to say the Raptors won't suck and be at the bottom of the Atlantic division in 7 year time?! just like all teams not named the Spurs, there eventually be a transition where a team reaches its height (every 5 years or so), followed by decay and then blowup and start again. Will Wiggins want to sign with a bad Toronto Raptor teams when he is 26?! or will the shores of Miami or teaming up with other superstars will be calling him??!! So many Raptor fans are so sure he will sign here, wait until he has to make that decision.

In the meantime concentrate on the present.
          I agree with you and Letter N.

And I think it's annoying when people try saying the fact that he was traded to Minnesota is great news for the raptors.. no, it's great news for Wiggins and the future of the timberwolves franchise

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Minny is a beautiful place except in the winter. Tons of lakes and green space. Cleveland is the rust belt. Its as beautiful as Hamilton.
            Ya...Cleveland is waaaaaaaaaaaay worse, not even remotely comparable. Crime, shitness, it's typically described as one of the worst, most miserable cities in America. Minneapolis is very pleasant, like you said. Its winter is awful, but then again so is Cleveland's.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              Well, that's a first
              lol what is?
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                Ya...Cleveland is waaaaaaaaaaaay worse, not even remotely comparable. Crime, shitness, it's typically described as one of the worst, most miserable cities in America. Minneapolis is very pleasant, like you said. Its winter is awful, but then again so is Cleveland's.

Comment

If u went and splurged on a Cleveland Wiggins jersey already, would u also get the Minny one? I've seen a bunch of ppl already sporting the Cleveland #21 jersey.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    think the only way we actually get Wiggins is right now. Otherwise no sense bothering.

Ross/Fields/Daniels 2 1sts for Wiggins/K-Mart
                    You can also put me in your list btw.
                    Myself (March 2014):
                    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Who are the last 5 players who turned down their big extension to take the QO and become a free agent?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Enough said, lolol

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

wow.
                          Stay classy Dan Gilbert.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I can't really get on board with planning for/celebrating something that won't happen until a minimum of 4 years, and in all likelihood, probably 7 or more years.

Plus maybe it's just the beaten up Raptors fan in me talking but I feel bad that Wiggins hasn't even been officially traded to Minnesota yet and everyone is already saying that he's as good as gone the first chance he gets.

And it's not just the message board warriors either - Michael Grange penned a ridiculous article for Sportsnet yesterday that states just that. He lists all the reasons why Minnesota has no chance to retain him (cold winters, losing history, tax issues), forgetting that the Raptors are only one unexpected good season removed from all of the above being pinned to their franchise by outsiders as well.

He also says that stealing Wiggins from Minnesota will be "easy as pie" the first chance we get, etc. etc. 7 years is an eternity in the NBA. Minny could be coming off back to back titles by then. The Raptors could be back in the dumper. Wiggins could have two surgically repaired knees. Raptors may not have cap room or could have their own star SF. I mean we're talking about 2021 here! Grange should know better.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                              Michael Grange penned a ridiculous article for Sportsnet yesterday that states just that. He lists all the reasons why Minnesota has no chance to retain him (cold winters, losing history, tax issues), forgetting that the Raptors are only one unexpected good season removed from all of the above being pinned to their franchise by outsiders as well.
                              Michael Grange has passed Doug Smith for me in bad Raptors reporting.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                                I can't really get on board with planning for/celebrating something that won't happen until a minimum of 4 years, and in all likelihood, probably 7 or more years.

Plus maybe it's just the beaten up Raptors fan in me talking but I feel bad that Wiggins hasn't even been officially traded to Minnesota yet and everyone is already saying that he's as good as gone the first chance he gets.

And it's not just the message board warriors either - Michael Grange penned a ridiculous article for Sportsnet yesterday that states just that. He lists all the reasons why Minnesota has no chance to retain him (cold winters, losing history, tax issues), forgetting that the Raptors are only one unexpected good season removed from all of the above being pinned to their franchise by outsiders as well.

He also says that stealing Wiggins from Minnesota will be "easy as pie" the first chance we get, etc. etc. 7 years is an eternity in the NBA. Minny could be coming off back to back titles by then. The Raptors could be back in the dumper. Wiggins could have two surgically repaired knees. Raptors may not have cap room or could have their own star SF. I mean we're talking about 2021 here! Grange should know better.
                                It might not be a seven year plan. Minny is rebuilding and have LaVine and Wiggins both from the same draft year. It isn't inconceivable that Toronto might have better pieces over the next few years that makes a Wiggins trade beneficial for both teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X