Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: Bennett and Wiggins future of the 3 and 4 spot?

  1. #81
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    We were talking about players who turned down a big extension to take their qualifying offer, because that's what Wiggins would likely have to do.
    Ben Gordon is the only one who meets that criteria from this list and now Monroe as well. The point remains - it almost never, ever happens.
    RFA extension could turn into FA extension something that makes no sense financially to do. If the TV deal increases revenue by 50% in two years anybody signing a 4-5 year before then could lose a lot of money. Monroe may take the QO then sign a 2 yr deal then negotiate a 4-5 year deal in the second year when the cap rises a lot.

  2. #82
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    773
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Its because the senior left in 2014 and the 2015 class gets the leftover seniors and a lot of one and dones. The 2016 may be a good draft but it will be a real crap shoot since it will be really young. It may change but the 2015 has a lot of players leaving early.
    This is the most bogus analysis of a draft class ever.. 2 years is a lot of time for a 16 year old now to break into the spot light my friend. Plus we just picked the Brazilian Durant out of nowhere. who is to say we dont have our eyes on a Jamaican James, Bolivian Bryant, Russian Rose or even an Indian Curry!

    2 years is a lot of time my friend a lot of time.

  3. #83
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    This is the most bogus analysis of a draft class ever.. 2 years is a lot of time for a 16 year old now to break into the spot light my friend. Plus we just picked the Brazilian Durant out of nowhere. who is to say we dont have our eyes on a Jamaican James, Bolivian Bryant, Russian Rose or even an Indian Curry!

    2 years is a lot of time my friend a lot of time.
    If the entire draft class is first year players its a weak draft. This years depth was because of first years, second years,seniors + Euros. Next seasons second years that didn't declare in 2014 are in the draft. Second year players don't magically appear in 2016. 2016 will be 1 and done + Euros. This isn't about the top of the draft where Toronto won't be but 20+. The top picks could be great but the entire draft will be shallow.

  4. #84
    Raptors Republic Starter godkingleonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Everyone talking about the return of Wiggins or Bennett. What about the possible return of the great Tristan Thompson next year?

    Not that i want him but I dont see him staying with the Cavs now that Love is there. I doubt they will pay a backup close to 10 mill when Love is already getting the max
    Why not Sim Bhullar or Andrew Nicholson? Personally, I'd like to see Dwight Powell as our 3rd PF or Bachynski as our 3rd center. I see Andrew Wiggins as a "Steve Nash"-type player: you waste your time writing threads, pining away in hopes that he'll sign in Toronto but, he ends up in Dallas, Phoenix (again) and eventually Los Angeles. If Andrew Wiggins doesn't re-up with Minnesota, it's to play wherever his agents say he can get the most endorsement money (read: LAC/LAL/NYK/BKN/BOS). People change a lot in 4 years. #cashruleseverythingaroundme

  5. #85
    Raptors Republic All-Star e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
    Why not Sim Bhullar or Andrew Nicholson? Personally, I'd like to see Dwight Powell as our 3rd PF or Bachynski as our 3rd center. I see Andrew Wiggins as a "Steve Nash"-type player: you waste your time writing threads, pining away in hopes that he'll sign in Toronto but, he ends up in Dallas, Phoenix (again) and eventually Los Angeles. If Andrew Wiggins doesn't re-up with Minnesota, it's to play wherever his agents say he can get the most endorsement money (read: LAC/LAL/NYK/BKN/BOS). People change a lot in 4 years. #cashruleseverythingaroundme
    Well if he really is a Kevin durant- type player then he'll get endorsement money no matter where he goes.
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

  6. #86
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think the league will be watching to see how Bledsoe and Monroe are leveraged this season in order to determine if they will be playing hardball in the future. Just because there weren't a lot of RFAs taking QOs in the past doesn't mean the recent CBA doesn't have some yet unseen effect on that
    People I Will Shame When The Cavs Finish 8th
    1.) Day One - 2) JordanMariam14 - 3) Stooley - 4) Ceez - 5) Sam17
    6) mcHAPPY 7) ImanShumpert 8) Scraptor 9) Demographic Shift 10) Rocwell 11) Everyone

  7. #87
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    2,040
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I think the league will be watching to see how Bledsoe and Monroe are leveraged this season in order to determine if they will be playing hardball in the future. Just because there weren't a lot of RFAs taking QOs in the past doesn't mean the recent CBA doesn't have some yet unseen effect on that
    All contracts are shorter now, so the long term risk of playing on a short contract is reduced. You still take a pay cut, but the difference between 5 guaranteed years and 4 is pretty significant.

  8. #88
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    762
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Forget Wiggins and Bennett for now.....Cory Joseph who's from Toronto currently plays on the Spurs and will be a RFA after this coming season no? A few days ago I read a pretty good article on Cory Joseph

    http://probballreport.com/raptors-sh...next-canadian/

  9. #89
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    2,437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    Forget Wiggins and Bennett for now.....Cory Joseph who's from Toronto currently plays on the Spurs and will be a RFA after this coming season no? A few days ago I read a pretty good article on Cory Joseph

    http://probballreport.com/raptors-sh...next-canadian/
    BUt we'll still have Vasquez and Lowry under contact, and it will take more than the minimum to make the Spurs not match, so I see no point.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •