Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bennett and Wiggins future of the 3 and 4 spot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

knowledgep wrote: View Post
    I'm glad you are not our GM...
    2015 is a weak draft and by all accounts 2016 is worse. We already have another 2016 and it may be at worst equal to ours. Dumping 8M and for a first is reasonable and Bennett is just a bonus.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
      So no one?
      Our boy danh just posted a link with a bunch of examples. I was just to lazy to find it myself. Here it is.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/07/p...ng-offers.html

And Greg Monroe just did it as well
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
        2015 is a weak draft and by all accounts 2016 is worse. We already have another 2016 and it may be at worst equal to ours. Dumping 8M and for a first is reasonable and Bennett is just a bonus.
        How in the world do you already know abt the 2016 draft class 2 fucking years in advance. HOLY MOLY!

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
          How in the world do you already know abt the 2016 draft class 2 fucking years in advance. HOLY MOLY!
          Its because the senior left in 2014 and the 2015 class gets the leftover seniors and a lot of one and dones. The 2016 may be a good draft but it will be a real crap shoot since it will be really young. It may change but the 2015 has a lot of players leaving early.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            Our boy danh just posted a link with a bunch of examples. I was just to lazy to find it myself. Here it is.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/07/p...ng-offers.html

And Greg Monroe just did it as well
            We were talking about players who turned down a big extension to take their qualifying offer, because that's what Wiggins would likely have to do.
            Ben Gordon is the only one who meets that criteria from this list and now Monroe as well. The point remains - it almost never, ever happens.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
              We were talking about players who turned down a big extension to take their qualifying offer, because that's what Wiggins would likely have to do.
              Ben Gordon is the only one who meets that criteria from this list and now Monroe as well. The point remains - it almost never, ever happens.
              RFA extension could turn into FA extension something that makes no sense financially to do. If the TV deal increases revenue by 50% in two years anybody signing a 4-5 year before then could lose a lot of money. Monroe may take the QO then sign a 2 yr deal then negotiate a 4-5 year deal in the second year when the cap rises a lot.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Its because the senior left in 2014 and the 2015 class gets the leftover seniors and a lot of one and dones. The 2016 may be a good draft but it will be a real crap shoot since it will be really young. It may change but the 2015 has a lot of players leaving early.
                This is the most bogus analysis of a draft class ever.. 2 years is a lot of time for a 16 year old now to break into the spot light my friend. Plus we just picked the Brazilian Durant out of nowhere. who is to say we dont have our eyes on a Jamaican James, Bolivian Bryant, Russian Rose or even an Indian Curry!

2 years is a lot of time my friend a lot of time.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                  This is the most bogus analysis of a draft class ever.. 2 years is a lot of time for a 16 year old now to break into the spot light my friend. Plus we just picked the Brazilian Durant out of nowhere. who is to say we dont have our eyes on a Jamaican James, Bolivian Bryant, Russian Rose or even an Indian Curry!

2 years is a lot of time my friend a lot of time.
                  If the entire draft class is first year players its a weak draft. This years depth was because of first years, second years,seniors + Euros. Next seasons second years that didn't declare in 2014 are in the draft. Second year players don't magically appear in 2016. 2016 will be 1 and done + Euros. This isn't about the top of the draft where Toronto won't be but 20+. The top picks could be great but the entire draft will be shallow.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    Everyone talking about the return of Wiggins or Bennett. What about the possible return of the great Tristan Thompson next year?

Not that i want him but I dont see him staying with the Cavs now that Love is there. I doubt they will pay a backup close to 10 mill when Love is already getting the max
                    Why not Sim Bhullar or Andrew Nicholson? Personally, I'd like to see Dwight Powell as our 3rd PF or Bachynski as our 3rd center. I see Andrew Wiggins as a "Steve Nash"-type player: you waste your time writing threads, pining away in hopes that he'll sign in Toronto but, he ends up in Dallas, Phoenix (again) and eventually Los Angeles. If Andrew Wiggins doesn't re-up with Minnesota, it's to play wherever his agents say he can get the most endorsement money (read: LAC/LAL/NYK/BKN/BOS). People change a lot in 4 years. #cashruleseverythingaroundme

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                      Why not Sim Bhullar or Andrew Nicholson? Personally, I'd like to see Dwight Powell as our 3rd PF or Bachynski as our 3rd center. I see Andrew Wiggins as a "Steve Nash"-type player: you waste your time writing threads, pining away in hopes that he'll sign in Toronto but, he ends up in Dallas, Phoenix (again) and eventually Los Angeles. If Andrew Wiggins doesn't re-up with Minnesota, it's to play wherever his agents say he can get the most endorsement money (read: LAC/LAL/NYK/BKN/BOS). People change a lot in 4 years. #cashruleseverythingaroundme
                      Well if he really is a Kevin durant- type player then he'll get endorsement money no matter where he goes.
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I think the league will be watching to see how Bledsoe and Monroe are leveraged this season in order to determine if they will be playing hardball in the future. Just because there weren't a lot of RFAs taking QOs in the past doesn't mean the recent CBA doesn't have some yet unseen effect on that
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                          I think the league will be watching to see how Bledsoe and Monroe are leveraged this season in order to determine if they will be playing hardball in the future. Just because there weren't a lot of RFAs taking QOs in the past doesn't mean the recent CBA doesn't have some yet unseen effect on that
                          All contracts are shorter now, so the long term risk of playing on a short contract is reduced. You still take a pay cut, but the difference between 5 guaranteed years and 4 is pretty significant.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Forget Wiggins and Bennett for now.....Cory Joseph who's from Toronto currently plays on the Spurs and will be a RFA after this coming season no? A few days ago I read a pretty good article on Cory Joseph

http://probballreport.com/raptors-sh...next-canadian/

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                              Forget Wiggins and Bennett for now.....Cory Joseph who's from Toronto currently plays on the Spurs and will be a RFA after this coming season no? A few days ago I read a pretty good article on Cory Joseph

http://probballreport.com/raptors-sh...next-canadian/
                              BUt we'll still have Vasquez and Lowry under contact, and it will take more than the minimum to make the Spurs not match, so I see no point.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                              X