Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did you become a Raptors Junkie?

I have been a raptors fan for about 15 years now
    i grew up in Vancouver and while i liked the grizz they always sucked and never interested me like the raptors did
    then the raptors got Vince carter and i got hooked and it made the raptors my team forever
    then i moved out east to ontario and i paid my dues in the post carter era ... i followed the raptors all the time but i wasn't an addict yet
    than my brother and i moved in together. he wasn't a big raptors fan more of a sonics and celtics fan but with my influence and the sonics leaving he became a raptors fan and we always talk raptors, i made him a raptors fan
    now with the recent success of the raptors ive become a junkie, i signed up for the site, i defend the raptors whenever it comes up in conversation and right now im jonesing for some paul jones raptors news ...

how did you guys become raptor junkies?

whats your story?

Grew up waiting for the Sunday "Wide World of Sport" basketball specials in the sixties that featured Celtics, Lakers and New York (typically) usually after December, which pretty much meant I had to become a Celtics (Bill Russell) fan.

When it was announced that there was going to be a BBall team in TO, I was all in. Used to listen to the Fan 590 broadcasts, cause the games weren't always on TV.

Comment

mighty mouse.

god the dog days of summer suck for basketball.

Comment

When I was a little kid my parents took me to the game where the Raptors beat the 96 Bulls, been in love ever since.

Comment

After Masai signed DJ augustin at about 1 million and after he got rid of primo pasta, I came to believe that Masai was real deal.
          And then I started watching raptors like crazy

Comment

I think it was around when vince Carter got traded. I dont really remember anything before that time because I was so young. I remember not going out for halloween after the age of 11 because I had to watch raptors games.

Comment

I guess it depends on what you consider a junkie. I've been a fan since the inception but without many people to talk bball with, it's hard to say that I was a true junkie until I joined RR. I suspect that signing up for RR should be the tipping point for most people on here.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

2 years ago I decided to watch every single raptors game.. they started off 3-19, or 4-19.. something like that. Super frustrating, but I still saw potential in them and noticed that they weren't losing the games by much. A bit more chemistry and practice and I thought they could make the playoffs.... Sure enough, the next year (last year) they came 1st in their division and snagged a decent playoff spot.

So I've only been a 'Raptors Junkie' for 2 years, but in those 2 years I watched every single game (some more than once), been to a dozen games (including a playoff game), and keep up with the raptors daily.

Excited to see what the future holds, GO RAPS!!!!!

Comment

Since then.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Grew up a Sixers fans. Loved Rick Mahorn & Charles Barkley. (Thump & Bump) But, when Toronto was awarded an NBA franchise, it was a no brainer for me to become a Raptors fan. My fan passion was expressed on the old ESPN message boards back in '99-'00 and was kind of how I got into this whole message board/forum thing. Was apart of some successful Raptors fan communities over the years, and the trend has still continued here at Raptors Republic.

Comment

moved to Canada in 97, fell in love with the sport & started watching basketball in 98....which happened to be the year Vince was drafted and the Air Canada era began...

Comment

Since 1999

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Grew up waiting for the Sunday "Wide World of Sport" basketball specials in the sixties that featured Celtics, Lakers and New York (typically) usually after December, which pretty much meant I had to become a Celtics (Bill Russell) fan.

When it was announced that there was going to be a BBall team in TO, I was all in. Used to listen to the Fan 590 broadcasts, cause the games weren't always on TV.
                          haha, +1, exactly, except for the radio

Comment

I only really became a junkie when I joined this site because before I didn't have anyone to really talk raps with without dumbing it down. There were too many casual fans/puck heads

I've been watching ever since the days of when bosh and tj ran the court. I started watching every game during demars rookie year. A highlight of my life was when I went to see a Orlando raptors playoff game. Haven't made it to many games since the fam is kinda broke but once I become a millionaire, I plan on being the next generation nav batia.
                            Last edited by yabadabayolo; Tue Aug 12, 2014, 12:36 PM.
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I only started watching Raptors three years ago. I live in a big sports house, with Hockey, Soccer and Basketball. But I didn't watch the NBA myself until about five years ago, and I didn't cheer for anyone, just watched some regular season and the whole playoffs. Then I realized I really like watching basketball.

Three years ago I wanted to have someone to cheer for so I chose the canadian team, the Raptors.

Soccer is still my favourite sport
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                              X