What's your starting 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your starting 5?

Yeah, that's a real question! With the 1 and 5 being pretty obvious, Who are your starters at the 2, 3 and 4 spots?

PG: Lowry
    SG: Derozan
    SF: Ross
    PF: Patterson
    C: JV

We need Amir healthy for the playoffs, and to be honest, Amir doesn't get the touches he deserves in the starting lineup. It's better for him to come off the bench, run P&Rs with Vasquez and get buckets as one of the best finishers in the league.

Patterson is young and if he can stay healthy and improve upon last season, he will be a really coveted player. He deserves the starting spot.

Depending on the matchup, you could switch James Johnson in the lineup to guard the big small forwards, like Jabari Parker, Carmelo, Lebron, Durant.

Comment

PG: CHUCKWAGON! ( Have you seen his 1 legged floater from 18 feet out? )
      SG: Lou Williams ( He's Allen Iverson Lite )
      SF: James Johnson ( Joe Johnson cant post him up )
      PF: Bebe ( He's gonna be blocking everything in sight, could average 6BLKS/game )
      C: JV ( Jonas "Drunk" Superstar )
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

JV, 2pat, JJ, Ross, Lowry
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          JV, 2pat, JJ, Ross, Lowry
          lol guessing your a DD hater
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Same as last season

JV, Amir, Ross, DeMar, Kyle

Comment

Original Starting Lineup through the first two months then switch into

Lowry
              DeRozan
              JJ
              2Pat
              Val

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                Original Starting Lineup through the first two months then switch into

Lowry
                DeRozan
                JJ
                2Pat
                Val
                Why? That'd just ruin the continuity they get over the first two months.

I say stay the same as last year, with Amir and Patterson splitting the PF virtually evenly.

Comment

Continuity is one of the greatest strengths of this team. They should be running it back with the starters from last year.

Comment

I'd go with

Lowry
                    Derozan
                    Ross
                    Patterson
                    JV

Amir is always a terrific energy player off the bench, and his health is so key to our success. Preserving his health for the playoffs should be a key point for the course of the season. Thats why I would start 2Patt and give him a slightly larger chunk of the minutes. He also spaces the floor for Demar, Ross, and Jonas to score in the paint.

In garbage time, I would start the twin headed dragons (Landry, Chuck Barkley) at the guard spots with Cherry running the SF and the Brothers from Brazil dominating the paint.
                    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                      I'd go with

Lowry
                      Derozan
                      Ross
                      Patterson
                      JV

Amir is always a terrific energy player off the bench, and his health is so key to our success. Preserving his health for the playoffs should be a key point for the course of the season. Thats why I would start 2Patt and give him a slightly larger chunk of the minutes. He also spaces the floor for Demar, Ross, and Jonas to score in the paint.

In garbage time, I would start the twin headed dragons (Landry, Chuck Barkley) at the guard spots with Cherry running the SF and the Brothers from Brazil dominating the paint.
                      Casey better put that line up while Masai is on the road scouting prospects; if not, that would be the last game Casey will coach this team.

Comment

Lowry/DeRozan/Johnson/Patterson/Valanciunas
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Lowry, Demar, Ross, Amir/2Pat, Jonas

We need Amir to be healthy; hopefully, he won't be as reckless and as stubborn as last year. So alternate both as each has their advantages, then decide on how the offense is run. If the offense will continue to be guard/perimeter based with Lowry and Demar leading the charge, and Jonas getting a few more touches than last season, then start Amir, as 2Pat along with Greivis is the offense off the bench.

Comment

Lowry, Derozan, Ross, Patterson, JV.

I love Amir as a starter but, I would bring him off the bench for a couple of reasons:

1) We need to protect his health, and he really shouldn't be playing more than 25 minutes a game. I'd rather have him closing games and be in full health in the playoffs than riding him through the regular season.

2) Bebe is not ready to be the back-up centre on a good team, let alone a great one. Hayes is a hard worked but limited. Amir is better at defending the 5 than either of those guys, even if it's not his natural position.

Having Amir, GV, JJ and Williams coming off the bench as our 6-9 guys looks really, really good to me. Amir is a much better pick and roll partner for Williams and GV than any other big we could bring off the bench, including Patterson.

Obviously, I'm hoping JV and Patterson step up and start being more vocal on defense with Amir out of the starting line-up.

Comment

Same as last year. Lowry/DD/Ross/Amir/JV. Because I like the continuity. And I really like the construction of the bench unit in GV/Lou/JJ/PP/(Chuck or BeBe per matchup). Just so much offense off the bench. Patman would also get minutes with the starters to limit Amir's minutes.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X