Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Ennis

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tyler Ennis

Now that Eric Bledsoe has resigned with Phoenix and I. Thomas and G. Drajic in the fold (not to mention the possibility of his younger brother joining the team), do you foresee the Raptors revisiting a possible trade for Tyler Ennis?

Post Thanks / Like

5 years and $70M.... wowzers.

That is a scary deal given he has yet to show he can get through a full season playing starters minutes.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    5 years and $70M.... wowzers.

That is a scary deal given he has yet to show he can get through a full season playing starters minutes.
    We'll see more and more scary deals leading up to the cap boom. Deals signed now are just damped out so much in the higher cap that player agents are going to be asking for everything up until the cap normalizes.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Phoenix dragged this out and still gave EB 5 years 70 mill ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

5. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    We'll see more and more scary deals leading up to the cap boom. Deals signed now are just damped out so much in the higher cap that player agents are going to be asking for everything up until the cap normalizes.
    I wouldn't question the deal had he managed to play 75 games or so last season. A healthy Bledsoe is worth that deal or at least pretty close, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

If an injury prone Eric Bledsoe who played a solid 50 games and has no miniscus gets paid this much. I shudder at the thought of how much DD is going to get.

Post Thanks / Like

Saved about $3M a year off his max salary. Not nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    If an injury prone Eric Bledsoe who played a solid 50 games and has no miniscus gets paid this much. I shudder at the thought of how much DD is going to get.
    Been saying since I saw the TV deal rumours - DD is getting $20M+ in that market unless the NBA does something drastic to dampen the cap.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't question the deal had he managed to play 75 games or so last season. A healthy Bledsoe is worth that deal or at least pretty close, IMO.
    True - point is though, his value should have been depressed by that injury history - and other players who should have their value depressed for various reasons (injuries, skill level, age, etc) are going to see overpayments like this as well.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Craziness, but if it helps get Ennis here, beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like

Hypothetically if Phoenix offers us

Ennis, T.J Warren for Terrence Ross and filler

Would you accept?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    True - point is though, his value should have been depressed by that injury history - and other players who should have their value depressed for various reasons (injuries, skill level, age, etc) are going to see overpayments like this as well.
    I'm not certain one is going to determine the other.

I really don't know and it is pure speculation one way or the other.

I was just thinking a Steph Curry situation was in order.... obviously not in this case.

I do believe Bledsoe/agent had much more leverage given Dragic is going to be UFAs after this season. If both those guys are gone next year that REALLY sets the franchise back.
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Hypothetically if Phoenix offers us

Ennis, T.J Warren for Terrence Ross and filler

Would you accept?
    That is a good question.

I lean towards yes but would like to see a few months of the season first.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

A big reason why I'm so pissed at the Suns (I'm sure Masai and co. feel the same). They shouldn't have drafted Ennis in the first place. They already have 1 great point guard, a restricted free-agent potentially great point guard who's injury prone, then they signed Nate Robinson 2.0. Had Masai's plan of drafting Ennis with our pick then Bruno with a late first rounder (from Memphis reportedly) would have been a stroke of a genius, and the Raptors will finally have a legit Canadian and Torontonian prospect.

But Phoenix badly overpaid for Bledsoe. He's not proven yet, he can't stay healthy, they already have a much better point guard in Dragic and his style of play won't be very productive for 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

lol Phoenix fucked this up. Ennis will not get time to develop there unless they trade Bledsoe (unlikely), Dragic (unlikely) or Thomas (they got him at a bargain, so they shouldn't). I think they should trade Ennis for a prospect that fits a need.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 2KJ wrote: View Post
    A big reason why I'm so pissed at the Suns (I'm sure Masai and co. feel the same). They shouldn't have drafted Ennis in the first place. They already have 1 great point guard, a restricted free-agent potentially great point guard who's injury prone, then they signed Nate Robinson 2.0. Had Masai's plan of drafting Ennis with our pick then Bruno with a late first rounder (from Memphis reportedly) would have been a stroke of a genius, and the Raptors will finally have a legit Canadian and Torontonian prospect.

But Phoenix badly overpaid for Bledsoe. He's not proven yet, he can't stay healthy, they already have a much better point guard in Dragic and his style of play won't be very productive for 5 years.

That brings up an interesting question... Would you rather:

a) Ennis and Prince

or

b) Bebe and Lou Williams

Ennis would have been nice but I like the way things played out when you consider at PG Lowry and GV resigned and Lou Williams can play 3rd string PG as well as a proven scorer off the bench and you might have a bonafide back up C in Bebe in the Brandan Wright mold.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ennis could be had for really cheap now.. something like Daniels and a future protected 2nd should probably do it. I'd be all over that if I was Masai.

19. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That brings up an interesting question... Would you rather:

a) Ennis and Prince

or

b) Bebe and Lou Williams

Ennis would have been nice but I like the way things played out when you consider at PG Lowry and GV resigned and Lou Williams can play 3rd string PG as well as a proven scorer off the bench and you might have a bonafide back up C in Bebe in the Brandan Wright mold.
    I still prefer the Bebe/Lou trade.. but that's because Casey would have given Prince 25 minutes a game if he played. He'd be the new Salmons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Ennis could be had for really cheap now.. something like Daniels and a future protected 2nd should probably do it. I'd be all over that if I was Masai.
    Hell yeah!

Shitty thing is I have an unfounded feeling that PHX would hold out for more from Toronto than any other team.

It is really unfortunate they don't even have a bad contract. Alex Len would likely be the worst contract they have right now. All other deals are decent money on known players, 1 year contracts, and rookie deals.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on how the negotiations went, I don't think Bledsoe is in the Suns long term plans at this price. I'd be surprised if he isn't traded this season, and in turn I wouldn't expect them to dump Ennis for the time being.

23. Like Letter N liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information