Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Way-Too-Early Predictions for Every Major NBA Award Winner

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Way-Too-Early Predictions for Every Major NBA Award Winner

    Bleacher Report posted an article but i didnt like it at all so im going to post my own predictions

    Executive of the Year: David Griffin (Cavs)
    Runner up: Masai Ujiri (RAPTORS)

    Coach of the Year: Greg Popvich (Spurs)
    Runner up: Doc Rivers (CLIPPERS)

    Most Improved Player: Derrick Rose (Bulls)
    Runner up: Rajon Rondo (CELTICS)

    Sixth Man of the Year: Isiah Thomas (Suns)
    Pau Gosol

    Rookie of the Year: Andrew Wiggins (If MIN) Nerlins Noel (6ers)
    Runner up: Noel or Jabari Parker (BUCKS)

    Defensive Player of the Year: Serge Ibaka (Thunder)
    Runner up: Marc Gosol (GRIZZLES)

    Most Valuable Player: Kevin Durant (Thunder)
    Runner up: LeBron James (CAVS)

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Most Improved Team: CAVS (55 Wins)
    Runner up: Raptors (53 Wins) , Hornets (47 Wins)
    Last edited by Abbas; Tue Aug 12th, 2014 at 11:05 PM.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,840
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Rose as Most Improved? You mean Comeback? Most improved is usually for the "Paul George" leap from year 2-4

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Rose as Most Improved? You mean Comeback? Most improved is usually for the "Paul George" leap from year 2-4
    Well he did come back last year for a few games and wasnt that good

    Does that count?

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    Well he did come back last year for a few games and wasnt that good

    Does that count?

    I think that Beal might be most improved next year. He averaged close to 20 PPG, 5 APG and 5 RPG in the playoffs and shot over 40% from the 3 point line. If he can sustain that over the course of next season, I can not only see him making the all star team, but also being most improved player.


    As for Demar, if he can shine in the FIBA tournament, he can help make an early case for his second All star selection this year. He just needs to outshine that Brick layer who replaced Durant on the roster.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan


  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think T Ross will get some serious consideration for Most Improved. his numbers from last year lied because of the Gay situation prior to the trade. Ross played better than what his end of season number showed.

    just on that basis and a marginal improvement this season will look really good on him. and of course winning 50 games will probably seal it.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    I think that Beal might be most improved next year. He averaged close to 20 PPG, 5 APG and 5 RPG in the playoffs and shot over 40% from the 3 point line. If he can sustain that over the course of next season, I can not only see him making the all star team, but also being most improved player.


    As for Demar, if he can shine in the FIBA tournament, he can help make an early case for his second All star selection this year. He just needs to outshine that Brick layer who replaced Durant on the roster.
    Tbh the only way i see Beal making the all star team is if either Wade and another east guard (Irving,DeRozan,Wall,Rose) gets injured

    theres no way i see Beal passing those 5 next year. probably in 2 or 3 years he'll become a all-star

    And also if one of thoses guards do get hurt, Beal has to complete with
    Lowry, MCW and Lance

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Who I think WILL win:
    MVP - LBJ, the story is just too good
    DPOY - Anthony Davis
    MIP - Ricky Rubio. Just a feeling. Anthony Davis should have another monster season but he may be too good already.
    6MOY - Ryan Anderson
    ROY - Andrew Wiggins
    COY - Tom Thibodeau
    EOY - Rich Cho

    Who I'd LIKE to win:
    MVP - Kyle Lowry, because he's the goddamn man
    DPOY - Anthony Davis, because he'll probably deserve it
    MIP - Jonas Valanciunas, because I want to see him bust out like a champ (I'm also rooting for Rubio)
    6MOY - Patrick Patterson, because I think he could be a key cog for us off the bench
    ROY - Andrew Wiggins, because he is going to kick some serious ass on