Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Hamilton signed?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't know what you're getting at, other than making assumptions with no facts at all behind them. There's no reason to assume he has been promised a spot and another move needs to be made. No reason to assume that, if he does, the move would end up making his addition a net negative.

Teams frequently bring in extra bodies in training camp, and most of them end up getting cut and not making the team. The safest assumption is right now they wanted an extra body for training camp, with nothing beyond that certain in any sense.

I look at it at least as a training camp positive. We can now split the team into 2 fairly balanced 8-man rotations for scrimmages. His addition at the wing means we can shift Lou to PG just for scrimmages, and still have 3 wings on each squad. To me, this in itself is a good enough reason to give a guy an unguaranteed training camp invite.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    A non-guaranteed invite to a team with a need at SF is better than the same with a team with DD,Ross,JJ,Fields at SF and DD,Ross,Lou and GV at SG. Lakers don't have any legit SF.
    Who said our offer was unguaranteed? I expect it is partially guaranteed. Hence why he would sign.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, trying to talk logic with 999 again. Or is that 666 in disguise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Who said our offer was unguaranteed? I expect it is partially guaranteed. Hence why he would sign.
    I'm not sure if anything more than a small amount is guaranteed though. Does a training camp contract count as an unguaranteed or a partially guaranteed?

I imagine whatever the case, the guaranteed portion will be small enough to keep us under the tax (we're still under it in terms of guaranteed money, right?).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote chico wrote: View Post
    lol, trying to talk logic with 999 again. Or is that 666 in disguise
    Hamilton isn't the point. Knicks and TWolves were interested but he signed here. Will Cherry already holds the last roster spot. The most likely salary match is Hands but he is the 5th big so swapping him for Hamilton makes no sense. The only player that make sense is Fields being moved. Dumping him costs a first and Hamilton isn't worth a first. So another deal is probably ready. Fields is 6.5M and 8M in salary so it will probably be part of a big deal.

Post Thanks / Like

It's difficult to see who will pick up Fields. Perhaps Masai will play around with trading Bebe?

/ I digress.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm out of everyone I think Hansbrough is most likely to go for a small asset like a 2nd rounder, from maybe the Cavs or Hawks.
    He's the only tradeable guy that has fell out of rotation b/c we simply have better options and he doesn't really fit in with our offensive schemes.
    Tbh he deserves more burn.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is another instance of Masai having a sympatico with his players for the most part...like has there ever been a player or agent who has dissed him. Simply put I think players "trust" the content of the conversations he has with them and Hamilton (MU traded for him in Denver) has a history with him. Even Nene (and I stand corrected here) said nothing derogatory after being signed and then traded...like he expected the possibility. Wilson Chandler is another one he cajoled into signing with the Nuggets when the Raptors and others were hot on for him.

One other point: re being over the cap...the penalty for this does not kick in unless the infraction occurs at the end of the season...so there is much time to pull back from that brink. This is my understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 2kfeen wrote: View Post
    Hmmm out of everyone I think Hansbrough is most likely to go for a small asset like a 2nd rounder, from maybe the Cavs or Hawks.
    He's the only tradeable guy that has fell out of rotation b/c we simply have better options and he doesn't really fit in with our offensive schemes.
    Tbh he deserves more burn.
    The 5th big usually gets 10MPG and per minute Hands is valuable as a scorer. Hamilton can't replace those minutes in the post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Holy crap man. I don't know what you're not getting here. Maybe he had no good offer.

Also, playing on a bad team with more of a roster opening does not equal better situation. How many crappy players from Philly's roster last year are finding good jobs in the NBA?

Hamilton might prefer the tougher option, where he'll have a harder time cracking the rotation, but if he does he's a role player on a successful team, and probably sets himself up for actual offers to stay in the NBA as that will be appealing to NBA execs. More appealing than a guy who obviously has flaws in his game that he's not really working on as he jacks up shots on a terrible team.

*Just to add, I think Hamilton knows his ceiling is a role player, and is looking for the "right" situation. We still have no real SF behind Ross. Everyone is assuming JJ, but that's a guy who's bounced around a lot and has clashed with our coach before. If Hamilton can bring more consistency, coachability and a better outside shot, he could have a real chance at cracking the rotation.
    I think JJ is definitely ahead of Hamilton in the depth chart.

Watching some of his clips, Jordan reminds me of a less athletic George Hill. Although, I live in Hamilton and may be a little biased. (although I'm currently working in Calgary)

Post Thanks / Like

he must be a very streaky shooter... I don't understand how we got him for so low/little $$

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pele wrote: View Post

Watching some of his clips, Jordan reminds me of a less athletic George Hill. Although, I live in Hamilton and may be a little biased. (although I'm currently working in Calgary)
    How does a 6'7 swingman remind you of a point guard? George Hill isn't especially athletic, so is Hamilton like Steve Novak in your opinion?
    Ball Don't Lie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pele wrote: View Post

I just meant that JJ's place in the pecking order is not necessarily secure. On top of that he's found his way out of rotations before.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a JJ insurance policy to keep him straight and true?

Post Thanks / Like

I hope there is a trade, I'm really bored.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

So I was looking back into this career and he got traded for Aaron Brooks during the middle of the 2013-14 season.

The more I look into his game, his offense is where JJ WANTS to be, where as JJ makes up with his defense.

This really seems like a direct replacement for Landry Fields the more I look into it....

Post Thanks / Like

The Raptors got Hamilton because of his reputation as an enforcer.

Post Thanks / Like

I think his offensive capabilities far outweighs his defense.

Him, GV, Klow, Lou Williams, and pattypat, and you could have one of the best 3pt shooting lineups in the league.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he is here just to really challenge jj. Casey likes to pit similar players against each other in practise so they can push each other to get better. He puts gv and lowry and like ross and dd to pit against each other. Dd always says things like I attack ross in practise, that's why he is what he is. Gv usually says the same thing about lowry.

So I think Hamilton is there to pit against jj since they are kinda like opposites and strive at things the other lacks. It pushes them to each get better. That's why stone and buycks were on the team at the same time, to make each other better. They literally had nothing else to really do.

I don't know, just speculating right now.
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Post Thanks / Like

It's a strong theory. You can also assume that MU is doing that w/ Bebe and Brazilian Durant.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information