No announcement yet.

Jordan Hamilton signed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed, wouldn't be surprised if Psycho T requested a trade. Didn't seem to fit in to the team chemistry the team enjoyed and probably would like to showcase himself more in a contract year.

Comment

Hands, Hayes and Fields could be moved either together or seperately. If MU still wants Blatche, Hayes could be traded or waived. Their spots were dependant on which free agents MU could sign and he probably had deals to move them if players were signed. Still this is looking too much like the Nuggets teams with a full roster and no cap space.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
        I see the Hansbrough one still don't see the Williams one. Williams even just said in an interview that Casey and Masai want him to come in with Greivis and bring energy and score. Masai is a very honest man with his players so if he knew he would probably trade Williams he probably would let him know before hand.
        I see Hansbrough more than Williams, but despite Masai being straight up with players at any given time, especially when negotiating a deal with them (eg. KL, GV, 2Pat), he can't always be giving players a heads up when a potential deal is being worked on. I'm sure the Sac trade was a shock to Rudy, Acy & Gray for example.

Comment

If we trade Tyler, can we make sure he's on the West Coast. I don't want him playing against us...

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Hands, Hayes and Fields could be moved either together or seperately. If MU still wants Blatche, Hayes could be traded or waived. Their spots were dependant on which free agents MU could sign and he probably had deals to move them if players were signed. Still this is looking too much like the Nuggets teams with a full roster and no cap space.
            lol, you think a small 1 year deal, that we don't even know if it's guaranteed, moves the needle at all?

Comment

Looks like Ujiri misses Novak already - there is a lack of shooting backing up the SF with Fields and JJ (assuming Bruno's contributions are very limited). I don't know much about Hamilton but he does shoot 36% from deep and it would make sense to have a defensive SF and a shooting SF on the bench - as long as Fields' shot's broken, there is a bit of skill set overlap with JJ. Also, Ujijri traded for Hamilton on draft night two years ago - he's shown a tendency to go back to players he has a history with, hasn't he?
              Last edited by S.R.; Thu Aug 14, 2014, 02:36 PM.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I think it's interesting how Masai seems to latch on to old favorites.

He has a history with Vasquez spanning 10+ years back to Basketball without Borders.

He acquired Lucas Nogueira, someone he liked in the 2013 draft, and snagged Bruno Caboclo possibly because of his many similarities to another 2013 favorite in Gianni's Antetokounmpo.

Julyan Stone and now Jordan Hamilton are both old Denver Nuggets connections.

It will be interesting to see how that affects his roster management style going forward. Is he prone to primacy bias? Does he see something in players he scouted that sticks with him longer than others? It's curious.

Comment

chico wrote: View Post
                  I said it back when the Salmons deal went down, and still wouldn't be shocked if one or both of these guys get included in a deal:

Lou Williams: kinda redundant with GV inked, and SG minutes easily covered between DD, GV, Ross, Hamilton

Hansbrough: great energy & intensity, but doesn't defend well except when fouling. JJ is a much better defender and can easily cover Psycho's 3rd PF minutes when not playing big SFs
                  I wonder if Houston has any interest in Hansbrough.

Could it be a sign and trade?

If not, there is definitely a team that could use the Psycho-T insurance. He is a one year $3.3M contract. Not hard to move at all.

Comment

chico wrote: View Post
                    lol, you think a small 1 year deal, that we don't even know if it's guaranteed, moves the needle at all?
                    The players doesn't but 16 guaranteed contract and into the luxury means MU would not have done this unless there is another move waiting. Jordan Hamilton isn't worth becoming a tax payer.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Looks like Ujiri misses Novak already - there is a lack of shooting backing up the SF with Fields and JJ (assuming Bruno's contributions are very limited). I don't know much about Hamilton but he does shoot 36% from deep and it would make sense to have a defensive SF and a shooting SF on the bench - as long as Fields' shot's broken, there is a bit of skill set overlap with JJ. Also, Ujijri traded for Hamilton on draft night two years ago - he's shown a tendency to go back to players he has a history with, hasn't he?
                      So much of the NBA is about chemistry and attitude. All these guys in the NBA are talented.

Lets be real here. Hamilton is likely to fill the Novak/Daye role. We're not talking a potential starter, more like 3rd string.

Masai is likely familiar enough with Hamilton to know he'll accept his role as 3rd string, work his ass off to improve, and fit in well with the team..... *obvious pure speculation on my part*

Most likely scenario: he steps up in spot minutes this year.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        I wonder if Houston has any interest in Hansbrough.

Could it be a sign and trade?

If not, there is definitely a team that could use the Psycho-T insurance. He is a one year $3.3M contract. Not hard to move at all.
                        Exactly. In fact, I'd think there's a few teams that see a use for him at 1 year and those dollars. He serves little purpose for the Raps at this point though. What do you have in mind with Houston?

Fun to guess what's going to happen, but you know what? We could come up with 30 scenarios and Masai is liable to pull something that none of us guess, lol.

Comment

Apparently Cherry and Hamilton are both unguaranteed deals. If MU cant move Fields or Hands or both , they are camp hopefuls.

Comment

Apparently Cherry and Hamilton are both unguaranteed deals. If MU cant move Fields or Hands or both , they are camp hopefuls.
                            No, the reports are that they are partially guaranteed. Still, solves the issue if you assume they are fighting it out for the last roster spot. But they play different positions, so that would be strange.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Where are you reading this? Do you have a source? Because I have have not read that anywhere.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...ng_threat.html

Reports indicate that Hamilton’s deal, and backup point guard Will Cherry’s contract, aren’t fully guaranteed.
                                Myself (March 2014):
                                The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Working...
                                X