Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Jordan Hamilton signed?

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If he makes the team his a Novak/Daye replacement. He fits the profile 6'8.5" in shoes with a 6'9.5" wingspan and weighting in at 228 lbs when he got drafted in 2011. The thing I don't get is why his a free agent shouldn't he be going into his final year of his rookie contract?
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    If he makes the team his a Novak/Daye replacement. He fits the profile 6'8.5" in shoes with a 6'9.5" wingspan and weighting in at 228 lbs when he got drafted in 2011. The thing I don't get is why his a free agent shouldn't he be going into his final year of his rookie contract?
    The contract has team options for the third and fourth years and Denver declined the team option for this next season

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sam17 wrote: View Post
    The contract has team options for the third and fourth years and Denver declined the team option for this next season
    He played for the rockets last year
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    He played for the rockets last year
    The nuggets declined it last october, so before he was traded to the rockets

I was confused myself so I searched it

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. People are saying it's to keep JJ in check but, I feel like his more insurance for Lou William. If he can't get back to his pre injury form. J Ham is a scorer and nothing else. Their both just scorers. Well J Ham is actually a good rebounder though.
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking that Masai will try to work a two-for-one trade, but may end up buying someone out if he can't work out a trade before the roster must be finalized.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The thread title is no longer needing a question mark:

The Toronto Raptors announced Monday they have signed forward-guard Jordan Hamilton. Per team policy, financial details were not disclosed.

Hamilton, 6-foot-7, 220 pounds, averaged 6.7 points, 3.2 rebounds and 17.0 minutes in 60 games (12 starts) last season with Denver and Houston. He scored in double figures 20 times, including a season-high 19 points November 8 at Phoenix. The Rockets acquired Hamilton from the Nuggets on February 20 in exchange for Aaron Brooks.

A product of University of Texas, Hamilton was selected 26th overall by Dallas in the 2011 NBA Draft. His rights were traded on draft night to Denver as part of a three-team deal involving Portland. In 126 career games (15 starts), he has averaged 5.8 points, 2.8 rebounds and 13.3 minutes, while shooting .358 (114-for-318) from three-point range.
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/hamilton_081814

No official details yet.... and by official I mean Mark Deeks aka ShamSports.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

i watched this guy play at the acc once
    he doesn't really bring much to the table when his shot is off
    he shoots a lot of mid range jumpers and doesn't drive much
    he's a 3rd stringer kind of guy

i dont know however if there is a place for him on our squad just because we have derozan, ross, getting probably 30 minutes each, lou will and GV spending some time at SG and james johnson playing maybe 16-20 minutes a game at SF and Fields might be getting some burn depending how his shot comes a long.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information