Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should raptors try and intercept Anthony Bennett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, 1st round picks are likely going to become more valuable in the future if the lottery odds are leveled off a bit. If they were assets you want to hang onto before, now you should be even more opposed to dealing them, and expected return should go up. I wouldn't give up a future 1st for Anthony Bennett, especially on top of another quality asset(s).

Comment

Even though Bennett had one of the worst rookie seasons ever last year, to nab him would require dangling an asset that either Minnesota or Philly would covet.

Minnesota is looking to win now because they haven't made the post season for 10 years. So to replace Bennett they would want someone better than Young and the only guy I could think of is Amir.

Philly is looking to win tomorrow so they would want an asset that is potentially better than Bennett could be. Raptors don't have much to offer, but the only guy that comes close to someone that Philly would be interested in is Ross.

I'm not moving either Amir or Ross for AB. I just don't see any other pieces that would attract him.. that includes the many expiring contracts the Raptors have (Philly is already bordering on the floor, and Minny is probably not anywhere near the tax). 2Pat can't be moved until mid-December either since he was a free agent.. plus I bet Minny would still prefer Thad Young over him anyway.. and he's not enough of a prospect to entice Philly in my opinion either.

I'd love to have AB despite his poor season.. I don't think Fields, Hayes, Tyler H, Lou W, etc get it done though.. and if you include a future first I'm sure the protections would have to be dropped which would make it too expensive.

Comment

It would be easier to grab him after he goes to Philly.

Comment

I would take that gamble, yes. However, you can't trade 2pat right now.

Comment

Can we just make a "trade ideas to try and get Canadians" thread and put all the Wiggings/Bennett proposals in there?

Comment

Get Tobias Harris if you want a young guy who plays the 4.
              Seriously, guy's a stud.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                There's "wing prospect" and there's "recent first overall pick."
                But like others mentioned, he's not a typical #1, and should really be considered a top 10 guy. I honestly don't know if he's a better prospect than Ross.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  But like others mentioned, he's not a typical #1, and should really be considered a top 10 guy. I honestly don't know if he's a better prospect than Ross.
                  Neither do I, and I wouldn't give up Ross for him. Doesn't mean I only value him at "bust" level.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

if we were a tanking team who are throwing minutes to anyone coordinated enough to tie their shoes, then yeah i would trade for this guy to give him a chance but we are sorta in win now mode, and we have really limited minutes to give to developing guys like Bennett, who need minutes to gain confidence

Comment

I'm surprised people still think this.guys going to be a bust. I could easily see him averaging ten a game this year with quickness and size.

He came into camp out of shape and started rough and his confidence just plumetted. I also wouldnt trade for him but he will definitely not be a bust.

Comment

No
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I'm a Bennett fan.

Dude actually has every tool needed to be a dominant PF

Can handle and run in transition, has FREAKISH length and is a good rebounder, is quick (for a PF) and can stretch the floor.

I say give him a couple of seasons to figure out how his body will work at the NBA level. I have no worries about him though

Comment

tell me Bennet is a bust after this season is over not after the one where he played for a terrible coach, on a terrible team, in his rookie season, after being out of shape and recovering from shoulder surgery. Bennet is built like a brick shit house and can shoot from range. He may not ever live up to number 1 pick status but he certainly will show everyone why he is a lottery pick this year.
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

one to wrote: View Post
                              I was just thinking if we wanted Anthony Bennett now would be the best opportunistic time to get him but the price of it may make some people not want to see it happen but why not. Simple trade proposal.

Min:

PPat, Landry Fields, and a future 1st.

Tor:

Anthony Bennett

Why PPat and not Amir? Because Bennett and Patterson are both stretch 4s and Amir is a traditional 4. If you're wondering why a future 1st? Simple. I wouldn't see Minnesota doing it for less. They take Fields which is an expiring and PPat is on a very good contract and the best part of having a winning team is that it ups the value of your guys. PPat has "playoff experience, veteran leadership" when last year he was an unknown commodity. The 1st is not even gonna be a lottery pick so it's not going to kill the team plan plus shipping out 2 roster players for 1 opens up a spot on the team. Essentially it would turn flipping Rudy Gay, Landry Fields and a future 1st into Vasquez, Lou Williams and Anthony Bennett.

Why not just get David West.
                              Anthony Bennett will b nothing than journey man player,if he wasn't Canadian player,he wouldn't even get mention.
                              His not even worth Patrick Patterson straight up.
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

No... he set records in ineptitudes, eyebrow raising in the wrong sense.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X