Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 186

Thread: Tim Lieweke leaving?

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default









  3. Like rocwell liked this post
  4. #23
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It would be pretty funny (and sad) if the most noteworthy accomplishment of his tenure was spending $100 million on two soccer players.

  5. Like DrOctagon, Letter N liked this post
  6. #24
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post







    Well in this one he say SEASONS and not SEASON so now I don't know.

  7. #25
    Raptors Republic Starter S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    746
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Apparently he has a 2 year non compete clause with previous employer in LA. He could go back to LA after this season ("seasons" includes all MLSE teams in my mind). Pure speculation - has he been talking to Ballmer? His family likes SoCal and there's a new billionaire owner in town...

  8. Like Bendit liked this post
  9. #26
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,075
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Well in this one he say SEASONS and not SEASON so now I don't know.
    I believe "the seasons" are plural because of the multiple teams in the MLSE stable.

  10. Like LBF, mcHAPPY liked this post
  11. #27
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,075
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    @ S.R.

    Ballmer & Leiweke...both brash...birds of a feather. Ballmer's secret ambition is really to have a team in Seattle. TL could work on that even though there is competition.

  12. #28
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I believe "the seasons" are plural because of the multiple teams in the MLSE stable.
    True. Well this sucks

  13. #29
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    @ S.R.

    Ballmer & Leiweke...both brash...birds of a feather. Ballmer's secret ambition is really to have a team in Seattle. TL could work on that even though there is competition.
    Leiweke's dream is an NFL team.

    The Clippers aren't going to Seattle.

    Ballmer can't own two NBA teams.

    My guess is any return to LA is prompted by getting an NFL team there.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  14. Like S.R., Letter N liked this post
  15. #30
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,075
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    True. Well this sucks
    MLSE found Leiweke...they'll find someone else. It would have been worse if MU left. TL has done zilch with the Leafs and marginal with TFC. He must have also been involved with the Bills sale but striking out there as well.

  16. #31
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    MLSE found Leiweke...they'll find someone else. It would have been worse if MU left. TL has done zilch with the Leafs and marginal with TFC. He must have also been involved with the Bills sale but striking out there as well.
    I agree MU is more important but it was nice having Tim around.

  17. #32
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,075
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Leiweke's dream is an NFL team.

    The Clippers aren't going to Seattle.

    Ballmer can't own two NBA teams.

    My guess is any return to LA is prompted by getting an NFL team there.
    1. True TL was focused on the NFL in LA but his big accomplishment there was coming within a whisker of building a stadium there without which a team doesnt happen. I understand Kroenke (St Louis Rams) wants to move there so that could be.

    2. Not so sure the Clips couldnt be moved to Seattle. LAL still own LA and the Clips have a lousy arrangement @ Staples and get pennies on the $ for TV rights etc comparatively. I think Silver is secretly in love with Ballmer (took 24 hrs. to stamp the xfer). There is however Hansen in Seattle who wants a team there as well. That would be a good franchise.

  18. #33
    Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    RaptorLand
    Posts
    478
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Time to promote Drake.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

  19. Like 007, consmap, LBF, BobLoblaw, Raptorsnz, Bendit liked this post
  20. #34
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You'd have to be out of your mind to move a team out of LA and into Seattle. That's like going from Toronto to Hamilton.

  21. #35
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,075
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    You'd have to be out of your mind to move a team out of LA and into Seattle. That's like going from Toronto to Hamilton.
    If it was the only team there I'd agree. Must remember that the Clips were the dregs of the NBA while Seattle a thriving championship franchise with a great fan base. They lost the team because the local pop. werent up to being blackmailed to build a stadium/arena. Seattle btw is no Hamilton/not a good analogy. Seattle is the TO of the Pacific NW.
    Last edited by Bendit; Tue Aug 19th, 2014 at 03:06 PM.

  22. #36
    Raptors Republic Rookie Drake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote optimaloptimist wrote: View Post
    time to promote drake.
    started
    Worst Behaviour

  23. #37
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    If it was the only team there I'd agree. Must remember that the Clips were the dregs of the NBA while Seattle a thriving championship franchise with a great fan base. They lost the team because the local pop. werent up to being blackmailed to build a stadium/arena. Seattle btw is no Hamilton/not a good analogy. Seattle is the TO of the Pacific NW.
    Totally agree. Great fan base, very nice city, not in a conversation about Hamilton. To top things off, the new owner happens to call Seattle home, and already has demonstrated that he wants to bring the NBA back there. He had a deal in place to buy and move the Kings. Not out of the realm of possibility at all. Might even be just, as Seattle lost the Sonics when having an OKC owner that went out of his way to move the team.

    That said, I don't care a whole lot if TL goes. The only MLSE team I care about is the Raptors, and TL already accomplished the most important goal of getting Masai for 5 years.

  24. Like Bendit liked this post
  25. #38
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    If it was the only team there I'd agree. Must remember that the Clips were the dregs of the NBA while Seattle a thriving championship franchise with a great fan base. They lost the team because the local pop. werent up to being blackmailed to build a stadium/arena. Seattle btw is no Hamilton/not a good analogy. Seattle is the TO of the Pacific NW.
    If the Clippers were in Seattle they wouldn't be worth $2B.

    Milwaukee got $500M for their team and they're counting their blessings they got anything more than $300M.

  26. #39
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,931
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    If the Clippers were in Seattle they wouldn't be worth $2B.

    Milwaukee got $500M for their team and they're counting their blessings they got anything more than $300M.
    To be fair, the actual worth of the Clippers isn't $2B. Yes it's what was paid, but by pretty much all accounts it was the most inflated price in the sale of a sports team ever, and the team wouldn't have sold for even half that if it wasn't for the specific circumstances surrounding the sale.

  27. #40
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    To be fair, the actual worth of the Clippers isn't $2B. Yes it's what was paid, but by pretty much all accounts it was the most inflated price in the sale of a sports team ever, and the team wouldn't have sold for even half that if it wasn't for the specific circumstances surrounding the sale.
    I think when you actually sell something is when you find out the actual worth of it.

    Just because Forbes says it it doesn't make it fact until someone writes the cheque. So basically we KNOW that the Clippers are worth $2B.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •