X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, 38-2 vote.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Heard Tim is trying to get ACC a new scoreboard!

Comment

• I did not hear the interview but TL was scheduled for one at 10 am this morning on FAN590...his first since the announcement I believe.

Comment

• I truly, truly believe that all this curfuffle is a bit ridiculous. As fans we get crazy during the offseason. TL leaving means nothing to the Raptors. nothing at all.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
            I truly, truly believe that all this curfuffle is a bit ridiculous. As fans we get crazy during the offseason. TL leaving means nothing to the Raptors. nothing at all.
            Masai Ujiri. 2016 ASG. Drake. Practice facility (in spite of direct opposition from the mayor of the flipping city - it's on city land - when Colangelo, a polished exec in his own right, couldn't even get the practice facility project past the MLSE board, let alone anywhere near city council).

You're right, in the last year TL has had no impact on the Raps, and missing out on the last 3 years of his contract won't mean anything to this franchise. Bring in the next suit. They're all the same.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I truly, truly believe that all this curfuffle is a bit ridiculous. As fans we get crazy during the offseason. TL leaving means nothing to the Raptors. nothing at all.
              How? Until we know who's replacing him we don't know what his leaving means. It definitely not nothing to lose an "Owner" who wants his teams to succeed and is willing to put the money and effort into turning this franchise around.
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• meh... I'm sorry man, but I think its silly.

He was fine, but the players....most of which were here before even MU, they were a huge part of success.... and a few key moves by the new GM. TL didnt do much of anything really.

Comment

meh... I'm sorry man, but I think its silly.

He was fine, but the players....most of which were here before even MU, they were a huge part of success.... and a few key moves by the new GM. TL didnt do much of anything really.
                  I get the sentiment that it's the players on the court who play the games, not the suits in the office, but everyone from MU to the two big TFC signings are on the record as saying TL was a big reason they came to Toronto. The Raps just had three significant FA's re-sign with the franchise this summer, even though FA's are "supposed to" bolt Canada asap. Either TL's had a direct impact on having players play for MLSE teams, or I think you just increase your likelihood of attracting and retaining talent when you've got a clearly competent situation from top to bottom with a profile on the rise. Players want to play in good situations.

Imho he's easily the best front-office leader this franchise has had in 19 years.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Can't really know for sure if it was the 'winning' (they did lose in the first round), if it was MU or if it was really TL.. but a top 5 free agent resigned with the team and at a good deal considering some of the other signings.. one that was being recruited by teams that had star players and in warm weather climates (like Houston, LA and Miami).

That never really happened in the Raptors history before. I personally give the credit to TL on that signing. So I think it is going to suck without him around. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Meh. I don't see it. I see what he did, and I like it, but I suppose my thing is this...WhAT DID HE DO?

Really, what did he do? He was the guys allowed to spend the big money new ownership was gonna spend. Was it spent well? How's TFC? How's the Leafs? whats happening in Raptorland???

well the TFC is ok, new guy came through.... and he gets paid MASSIVELY, but they are still just average.

The leafs took a fantastic step backwards

The raptors continue don the path they were already on.... and should have continued on.

does he get credit...I think so, thy all do, but I dont see how he did anything more than any other younger guy could have done.

His biggest move....was breaking every promise he made by bolting the first chance he got when something better came along Wow...

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Can't really know for sure if it was the 'winning' (they did lose in the first round), if it was MU or if it was really TL.. but a top 5 free agent resigned with the team and at a good deal considering some of the other signings.. one that was being recruited by teams that had star players and in warm weather climates (like Houston, LA and Miami).

That never really happened in the Raptors history before. I personally give the credit to TL on that signing. So I think it is going to suck without him around. Hope I'm wrong.
                        And whether it was TL or MU directly, TL was the one who got MU, so there's credit to be had there. And don't tell me MLSE would have hired MU on their own.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• whether they did or didnt doesnt matter. The sentiment is that toronto is done, they are doomed now that he i sgone, and to me thats simply rubbish.

Thats all im saying.

TL was a good executive, but life beyond this fellow will b just fine.

Comment

whether they did or didnt doesnt matter. The sentiment is that toronto is done, they are doomed now that he i sgone, and to me thats simply rubbish.

Thats all im saying.

Who is expressing that sentiment? There is concern that the next guy brought in will be different, may not let Ujiri play the way he wants, etc. There is also some sadness over the view that Leiweke seemed to be doing more and more to increase the profile and success of this team, and that he won't be here to continue that.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Basketball teams dont operate on the floor with their coaches in a vacuum. This should not be a eureka thought that ALL successful organizations start at the top of the pyramid and the more continuity of the talent there the better....it translates. We still dont know the real story here but we as fans should be concerned that there may be troubles in the boardroom. The Rogers and Bell marriage I believe is a tenuous one and it could be that TL may have had a problem with this. In any case TL did navigate well it seems with all the commitments he received in spending/capital projects. I would also not discount that the resuccessful signing of players may also have been due to his presence. He is a closer and would be an asset to any GM. Not the absolute end of the world but to pooh his departure on the face of it as inconsequential is being unappreciative of what he is all about and his record not just here but other spots.

Comment

whether they did or didnt doesnt matter. The sentiment is that toronto is done, they are doomed now that he i sgone, and to me thats simply rubbish.

Thats all im saying.

Just like with TFC.

Comment

Working...
                                X