Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Court: "House of Mamba" - SO COOL

This is unreal:

As you can see, the court is more than just eye candy. The interactive lightning will help with practices and training, and from there the possibilities are endless.

According to Dezeen Magazine, the floor has motion sensors to track the movement of players:

The court can lay out sets of moves for individual people, create drills based on Bryant's training programme that are adapted for the court, and respond to mistakes as well as display performance stats. ... When not in use for training and games, the LED surface can display almost any combination of moving images, graphics and colours.

As a tribute to Kobe, the court is located in a training facility called the House of Mamba in Shanghai. It is part of Nike's "Rise" initiative with youth players in China, which gives them a chance to get on the floor with Kobe, LeBron James and other NBA stars, in advance of its World Basketball Festival in Barcelona in September.

Source
    So effing Cool. I want one!

Footage of them playing on it:

You can see at the beginning of the video its more "black top" and by the end is "Hardwood". Really cool. The reflections off it are weird though and would take some getting used too.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
      This is unreal:

So effing Cool. I want one!

Cool indeed, but do you know that LED technology has been applied to fabric? eg. You can wear some fancy threads to impress in all manner of ways....I am sure our NBA boys will be strutting this stuff pretty soon (think Westbrook).

http://www.lumigram.com/catalog/index.php?language=en

Comment

Working...
      X