No announcement yet.

New Raptors Practice Facility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearly.... the thing is, there are talented and really forward thinking architects in Canada that could come up with fantastic designs, similar to what you might see in more advanced cultures...... not in canada though.... some douchy Mob guy with a shitty development company gets the call.... bullshit under the table BS......

Gotta love it.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
      Clearly.... the thing is, there are talented and really forward thinking architects in Canada that could come up with fantastic designs, similar to what you might see in more advanced cultures...... not in canada though.... some douchy Mob guy with a shitty development company gets the call.... bullshit under the table BS......

Gotta love it.
      As an architect, I can say that very rarely do those "fantastic [external] designs" translate into functual, usable spaces inside.

Comment

maybe so, but tell me, when you see these cheap designs with cheap materials and ugly ass shapes you cant tell me your inner "fountainhead" is tingling..... ya just cant Joey

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
          maybe so, but tell me, when you see these cheap designs with cheap materials and ugly ass shapes you cant tell me your inner "fountainhead" is tingling..... ya just cant Joey
          Well frankly we don't know what materials they plan on using. For all we know it could be LEED certified Gold. The exterior shell is nothing mind bending or anything, but I'm not sure a Frank Gehry style building was needed for this. Sometimes a functional space is far more valuable (and pleasing) than a pretty Shell.

For what it is, I think its a perfectly acceptable design. Especially if a $60M building, instead of $30M, would cost more to play in.

Comment

Its what on the inside that counts, Craig!
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
            X