View Poll Results: Probability Demar makes team USA

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100-90%

    14 41.18%
  • 90-80%

    4 11.76%
  • 80-70%

    7 20.59%
  • 70-60%

    2 5.88%
  • 60-50%

    4 11.76%
  • 50-40%

    1 2.94%
  • 40-30%

    2 5.88%
  • 30-20%

    0 0%
  • 20-10%

    0 0%
  • 10-0%

    0 0%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 245

Thread: Odds Demar Makes Team USA

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The importance of playing on a team with some of the best players in the world cannot be underestimated. I'd love to see DeRozan make the team because it can only help him get that much better.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

    - Walter White

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    "@MySportsLegion: USA finalists: KD, AD, Curry, Harden, Kyrie, DRose, Cousins, Drummond, Plumlee, DeRozan, Faried, Korver, Hayward, Lillard, Parsons & Klay."

    "@johnschuhmann: Tweeted this last night: I think it's Irving vs. Lillard, DeRozan vs. Hayward, & Cousins vs. Drummond vs. Plumlee for last 3 spots."

  3. #63
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,394
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    And Derozan is much better than Hayward so he should make it. Hayward is so extremely overrated. I know he's the better defender but come on.
    Depends what they are looking for.

    Hayward is a better complimentary player due to his skill set

  4. #64
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Depends what they are looking for.

    Hayward is a better complimentary player due to his skill set
    I think what you mean is Hayward's game maybe better suited for international play the Demar ..

  5. #65
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,394
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote guyroch wrote: View Post
    I think what you mean is Hayward's game maybe better suited for international play the Demar ..
    That is another aspect but not one I think matters here.

    What I said was right, in my opinion, the first time.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  6. #66
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My prediction:

    Rose, Curry, Harden, Kyrie, DeRozan, Thompson, Durant, Parsons, Faried, Davis, Plumlee, Cousins

    Sleeper pick: I wouldn't be surprised if Gordon Hayward makes the team, he actually had a really solid game. If he does you'll see either DeRozan or Parsons be left out.. most likely DD

  7. #67
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have difficulty believing that Mason Plumlee is anywhere good enough to make the USA men's basketball team, even if Coach K was his coach in college.

  8. #68
    Raptors Republic Starter mjt20mik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote caccia wrote: View Post
    I have difficulty believing that Mason Plumlee is anywhere good enough to make the USA men's basketball team, even if Coach K was his coach in college.
    The 5 in international ball is more a position of defending. I think Plumlee would excel in that position, since he is very mobile and agile. They don't need him to score.

  9. #69
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Does anyone know when they're going to make the final decision/cuts?

  10. #70
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kitchener "Sketchener"
    Posts
    1,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    The 5 in international ball is more a position of defending. I think Plumlee would excel in that position, since he is very mobile and agile. They don't need him to score.
    I fail to believe the 'experts' on this one. Plumlee isn't that good defensively that he should be overtaking cousins or even Drummond on the team. Like cmon, dude couldn't even handle JV in the playoffs. JV would have destroyed the playoffs if it weren't for the bogus refs and KG's non calls
    In Swag we Trust

    -Nick Young

  11. #71
    Raptors Republic Starter mjt20mik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    I fail to believe the 'experts' on this one. Plumlee isn't that good defensively that he should be overtaking cousins or even Drummond on the team. Like cmon, dude couldn't even handle JV in the playoffs. JV would have destroyed the playoffs if it weren't for the bogus refs and KG's non calls
    JV destroyed him in post up plays. International ball is more of pick-and-roll and uptempo ball than slow half court. Again, I can see why he's still part of the roster now. I don't think he gets it over Drummond. Cousins, maybe, just because he is more mobile.

  12. #72
    Raptors Republic Starter rapfan10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Does anyone know when they're going to make the final decision/cuts?
    They will announce the final roster the day before the world cup I heard, so look forward to the last week of August...

  13. #73
    Raptors Republic Rookie draps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Van/Tor
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i dont know how you dont take drummond
    he would be like shaq playing most teams

    kd and drummond front court would dominate

  14. #74
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote draps wrote: View Post
    i dont know how you dont take drummond
    he would be like shaq playing most teams

    kd and drummond front court would dominate
    It's such a short run for this team. It may come down to whomever adapts to Coach K's system the quickest and there is a little favoritism at play.

  15. #75
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rapfan10 wrote: View Post
    They will announce the final roster the day before the world cup I heard, so look forward to the last week of August...
    Thanks!

  16. #76
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I find it hilarious that Mason Plumlee has made it this far lol

    Plumlee is athletic thats it!
    Ive seen some people point to his defense as to why he might make his this team, But the truth is Plumlee isnt a good defender.
    Drummond does everything Plumlee does but better so I dont see a any reasons for Drummond to not make it over Plumlee
    Only reason Plumlee has made it this far is because he went to Duke!

    Cousins should be a lock IMO but he does have attitude problems
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

  17. #77
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    I find it hilarious that Mason Plumlee has made it this far lol

    Plumlee is athletic thats it!
    Ive seen some people point to his defense as to why he might make his this team, But the truth is Plumlee isnt a good defender.
    Drummond does everything Plumlee does but better so I dont see a any reasons for Drummond to not make it over Plumlee
    Only reason Plumlee has made it this far is because he went to Duke!

    Cousins should be a lock IMO but he does have attitude problems
    Neither Drummond or Cousins play system basketball. Setting screens and off-ball. Drummond also can't hit FT. Hayward has skills but isn't great at any of them. DD is a better scorer.

  18. #78
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    I find it hilarious that Mason Plumlee has made it this far lol

    Plumlee is athletic thats it!
    Ive seen some people point to his defense as to why he might make his this team, But the truth is Plumlee isnt a good defender.
    Drummond does everything Plumlee does but better so I dont see a any reasons for Drummond to not make it over Plumlee
    Only reason Plumlee has made it this far is because he went to Duke!

    Cousins should be a lock IMO but he does have attitude problems
    I don't know man. Sure, Cousins is freaking monster and much better player than Plumlee. I think Coach K is looking for a guy who will play hard without worrying how many points he scored. And Plumlee could be perfect system guy for Coach K.

  19. Like stretch liked this post
  20. #79
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,680
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    It isn't Team USA. Thats the Olympic team. Cuban dislikes the FIBA World Cup because it really isn't like the Olympic games. Its a profit driven organization that promotes FIBA.
    That doesn't even make sense to what I said. Team USA picks Team USA, regardless of whether it's the Olympics, FIBA World Cup, or any other conceivable event. So Cuban's disdain for the FIBA event, or which profit driving organization is in charge, it's all irrelevant to the fact the USA Basketball chooses the players that they think are the best for winning; therefore Demar playing in Canada and any potential profit is irrelevant.

  21. #80
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    I don't know man. Sure, Cousins is freaking monster and much better player than Plumlee. I think Coach K is looking for a guy who will play hard without worrying how many points he scored. And Plumlee could be perfect system guy for Coach K.
    Okay Coach K might be looking for the the guy that plays hard and doesn't care about scoring. So why did he not invite other NBA players that can do what Plumlee does but x100 better......
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •