0 0%
  • 10-0%

0 0%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Odds Demar Makes Team USA

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Okay Coach K might be looking for the the guy that plays hard and doesn't care about scoring. So why did he not invite other NBA players that can do what Plumlee does but x100 better......
    Jeez. Why you shitting on Plumlee so much?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Its not that bad lol

All im saying is Plumlee isn't even remotely good enough to be considered for team USA let alone actually make the squad and the only reason he might make the team is because he went to Duke not for basketball reasons
    Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Okay Coach K might be looking for the the guy that plays hard and doesn't care about scoring. So why did he not invite other NBA players that can do what Plumlee does but x100 better......
    Well Plumlee was invited as part of the Select team who are there to scrimmage against the National team, and the Select team is made up of the best rookies/sophmores predominantly. Plumlee is easily one of the best young American C's so he got invited, and he did so well that he just got promoted to the National team roster.

Who are some other centers you would have over Plumlee though? Aside from the ones who declined (eg Bosh, Aldridge).

I think the biggest thing in Plumlee's favour is that Coach K knows he won't complain if he plays 0 minutes the whole tournament. I'm not so sure Cousins would be fine with that.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Plumlee does seem like a random invite. Can't think of a single basketball shortlist that includes Plumlee.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Well Plumlee was invited as part of the Select team who are there to scrimmage against the National team, and the Select team is made up of the best rookies/sophmores predominantly. Plumlee is easily one of the best young American C's so he got invited, and he did so well that he just got promoted to the National team roster.

Who are some other centers you would have over Plumlee though? Aside from the ones who declined (eg Bosh, Aldridge).

I think the biggest thing in Plumlee's favour is that Coach K knows he won't complain if he plays 0 minutes the whole tournament. I'm not so sure Cousins would be fine with that.
    Yes Cousins would probably be a little upset if he played 0mins but Cousins is on of the best Cs in the game period!
    Cousins getting cut for Mason Plumlee would be insane

Others Cs I would have over Plumlee are
    Robin Lopez
    Miles Plumlee
    DeAndre Jordan
    Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to high school in Indiana so I like to see fellow Hoosiers like Plumlee succeed. He outplayed Cousins on Friday when they were playing against each other.

Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    I went to high school in Indiana so I like to see fellow Hoosiers like Plumlee succeed. He outplayed Cousins on Friday when they were playing against each other.
    Cousins more than held is own out there though, he had a double-double if I remember correctly.

Obviously Cousins is the more talented player, but Plumlee does the dirty work and runs the floor very well. I for one could see Plumlee making it over D Cousins for that reason alone.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"@SpearsNBAYahoo: Coach K says he will eventually have a rotation likely of eight players with four that won't play much for USA during the World Cup."

Would he still benefit from being there if he just got benched? Rather than continuing to work with Ross, Amir, JV etc. And handle life?

Coach K says @usabasketball will have a smaller perimeter without Paul George and could use shooting guards at small forward.

If he does make it, could we see DeMar at SF, considering his strength and size? Hopefully the coaches can implement more defensive tactics into his mind because he really does have all the tools for it other than quickness..

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Id honestly take Amir, Mcgee, Chandler, Jordan, Blair, the knicks towel boy, the other Plumlee, Either Lopezs, and even Thomas Robinson all before id take Mason Plumlee
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

10. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketba...eam-usa-roster

"Tuesday's release of John Wall, Bradley Beal and Paul Millsap, in the wake of the devastating compound leg fracture that felled Paul George, is only Phase 1."

"ON THE BUBBLE
    Chandler Parsons
    With his multifaceted game and the size to play both forward spots internationally, as well as his respected range, Parsons appears to have the best shot to make the squad among the bubble 3s. But the competition here is fierce, so his defense won't/can't be overlooked.

DeMar DeRozan
    A strong showing in Friday's intrasquad scrimmage, combined with George's unfortunate absence, has put DeRaptor in legit contention for a roster spot when he was widely presumed to be one of the first cuts. Can he keep the fairy tale going?

Gordon Hayward
    All the raves Hayward generated in last year's Team USA minicamp are what made you think he'd get a max offer in 2014 restricted free agency. But the breakout star of Team USA's brief 2013 time together hasn't been able to generate quite the same buzz as part of this crowd. Small forward is a position in the spotlight the next two weeks after what happened to the face of the Pacers … and Hayward has to deliver if he wants to trump DeRozan."

12. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

gordon hayward reminds me of skinny captain america

14. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Id honestly take Amir, Mcgee, Chandler, Jordan, Blair, the knicks towel boy, the other Plumlee, Either Lopezs, and even Thomas Robinson all before id take Mason Plumlee
    Now all you need to do is win 4 NCAA titles, 3 College Coach of the Year awards and 4 Olympic Gold medals and you can bring whoever you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Now all you need to do is win 4 NCAA titles, 3 College Coach of the Year awards and 4 Olympic Gold medals and you can bring whoever you want.
    Done!

17. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Done!
    I keep forgetting Jim Boeheim posts here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    I keep forgetting Jim Boeheim posts here.
    Its OK

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Would you take rocwell over Plumlee too? I got abs.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes it's better to take a player that knows his role instead of asking a player to change how he plays to benefit the team. A guy who's used to be playing as a role player over a guy who's always been the #1 center should be a no brainer if you are looking for a starting caliber player.. but if you are looking at a bench player, then get a guy that knows how to come off the bench and will do whatever it takes to win.. that's why you take Plumlee over Cousins.

Basketball is a team sport. A team with the best talented players will usually always come out on top in a league like the NBA.. but in International play it is usually the best team that succeeds. This is why Lithuania is always so good without that deep NBA talent pool other countries have.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with him for 2 reasons ... Plumlee does in fact suck. Annd he plays for Brooklyn. So fuck Plumlee.

Russia paid Coach K off.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you take rocwell over Plumlee too? I got abs.
    Depends, do you suck like Mason Plumlee. If not Welcome Aboard! The abs just add to your resume, solid asset to have
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't everyone get it that Plumlee is in fact making this team because Coach K sits on the Iron Throne.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information