Odds Demar Makes Team USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caccia wrote: View Post
    Has anyone pulled out of Team Canada citing "exhaustion" or contract uncertainties? No, I thought not.

I am one disappointed North Carolinian.
    well nash did lol back to back

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
      Well, Nash did, lol back to back.
      Given the state of his back, that is neither a surprise nor a disgrace.

Comment

• I think that Under armour told KD not to play due to him signing that huge contract with them. With him being their biggest brand ambassador, it would do them no good to have him succumb to injury whilst playing for the Nike-sponsered team USA.

I'm kind of surprised in the sense that Durant has always wanted to prove that he can be the #1 guy. He did earn the MVP and other awards, but here was his chance to lead a disgruntled and slightly depressed USA squad to a gold medal and to be the leader of the national team.

Then again, 300 million Dollars is a lot of money. So I guess Im not surprised.

Durant is only 25, but I know of another 25 year old (it was his birthday today) who spent it in the gym and who will pounce on this opportunity to play for team USA.

As for Demar, it is almost 100% guaranteed that he will be on the Team USA squad. Coach K might ask him to carry a major portion of the scoring burden for Team USA.
        Last edited by YoungGunRaptor; Thu Aug 7, 2014, 09:47 PM.
        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
          As for Demar, it is almost 100% guaranteed that he will be on the Team USA squad. Coach K might ask him to carry a major portion of the scoring burden for Team USA.
          The situation has the potential to be very good for the Raptors, not just in terms of play, with two strong scorers in the backcourt in a more confident DeRozan and Kyle Lowry, but in terms of attracting top-notch talent in the future.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
            Given the state of his back, that is neither a surprise nor a disgrace.
            state of his back ? im not sure i understand ? anyways yeah i know i never suggested it was a surprise or disgrace, he was 34 and knew we were years away. but yea after going deep in the playoffs he did say "exhaustion"

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Mental and physical exhaustion? i say bullshit. He's just using it as an excuse IMO. I think this is PG related.
              I think this is Under Armor related.

Edit: Hey Kevin we just gave you $300M, you're not going to play until the season starts and you start wearing our shoes where it matters.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                I think this is Under Armor related.

Edit: Hey Kevin we just gave you $300M, you're not going to play until the season starts and you start wearing our shoes where it matters.

Definitely. I don't think they want to deal with a Paul George/Derrick Rose type of situation where they have to allocate major attention towards an athlete's recovery rather than to his/her dominance in their sport.

Adidas was able to handle Derrick Rose's first injury quite well with the #thereturn campaign and all of the merchandise centred around that, but they took a major hit after he tore his meniscus. There was even a point when Derrick Rose jerseys and signature shoes were being put on sale racks after that second injury.
                I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
                  He was 34 and knew we were years away. But yea, after going deep in the playoffs he did say "exhaustion."
                  Sorry, I did not realize you were going that far back in time.

Comment

• That's a lot of money.

International play is a bit different for a guy like Durant, who is growing up with all these World Cup, FIBA, and Olympic playing opportunities. We like to point to the fact that all the top dogs came out for the original Dream Team, but most of them only did that once. It wasn't summer after summer for the duration of an entire career. I'm fine with these guys pacing themselves, even if some of the decisions are influenced by $$$$.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Would you take rocwell over Plumlee too? I got abs.
                      Pics or it didn't happen
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                        Pics or it didn't happen

Comment

• Wait a minute.. how many teams qualify for Olympics from FIBA WC?? If only one, and if USA don't win it.. then they'll play in fiba americas with us? awesome.

Comment

• I, for one, hope Plumlee makes the team. Seeing the USA lose is always really fun, and although he doesn't suck, there are obviously better options at this point. Not sure what the fuss is about. Go Mason!

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              look...I can't blame the guy. Cite whatever you want. You just watched a man snap in half.
                              Then he better not play Drew league...
                              Or pick up...
                              He'll be should probably stay on his feet until October 26th.

Comment

• Demar is so making the team with Durant out.

Btw here is an article of Cousins vs Plumlee. There isn't a single reason to pick Plum, it's not even funny.

https://www.numberfire.com/nba/news/...marcus-cousins
                                Myself (March 2014):
                                The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Working...
                                X