No announcement yet.

Odds Demar Makes Team USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see him not making the team now, especially with the concerns about Rose's knees. He was used as a ball handler a lot and should reveal himself as a constant mismatch for smaller international guards. He showed tremendous awareness of hitting the roller with precises passes as smaller defenders struggle to contest passes. He also played an unselfish team first game and played the passing lanes well while being an alert team defender.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Demar played awesome again. He proved to be a very good all-around player yesterday with 13 points (lead the team) 5 rebounds and 6 assists (lead the team) in only 23 minutes. I really can't see how he doesn't make this team. I would honestly be shocked. It would be their loss!

Never count this guy out!

Comment

• Comment

• Tbh i see him making the team, outside of harden and Durant, Derozan looks like the third best offensive player on the team, he can do alot offensively which will likely land him a spot

Comment

• brosoverhoes1 wrote: View Post
            Tbh i see him making the team, outside of harden and Durant, Derozan looks like the third best offensive player on the team, he can do alot offensively which will likely land him a spot
            durant isnt even on the roster anymore.

Comment

• I don't see him making the team. I think they're going to cut Hayward, DeRozan, Lillard and Drummond. I think they'll prefer Parson's ability to probably play the 3 or the 4 since he's bigger than DeRozan and Korver since he can probably shoot 60% on threes in his sleep to bust any zones they see.

Comment

• Right now I think Rose, Curry, Faried, Harden, Davis, Irving, Thompson, Lillard, and Cousins are locks. I do believe Gay is going to be one of those, which leaves 2 spots available. That being said, I see Demar and Drummond making the last two spots. I honestly think DD won't get much PT, but it should feel good to make the team.

Comment

• Are they finalizing the US roster tonight? I read somewhere awhile ago that Thursday (today) was when the final roster was going to be announced. Has that changed?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Are they finalizing the US roster tonight? I read somewhere awhile ago that Thursday (today) was when the final roster was going to be announced. Has that changed?
                    I heard it will be after their game against Puerto Rico.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                      Right now I think Rose, Curry, Faried, Harden, Davis, Irving, Thompson, Lillard, and Cousins are locks. I do believe Gay is going to be one of those, which leaves 2 spots available. That being said, I see Demar and Drummond making the last two spots. I honestly think DD won't get much PT, but it should feel good to make the team.
                      Lillard seemed to drag the second unit down against DR lotsa turnover's but I guess anyone can have a bad game. I know it is all about winning but it would seem fair to evenly distribute the minutes to two 5 man units as in these exhibition games there is not much drop off.

Comment

Are they finalizing the US roster tonight? I read somewhere awhile ago that Thursday (today) was when the final roster was going to be announced. Has that changed?
                        Yeah, after the last exhibition game.
                        Myself (March 2014):
                        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• DD may get caught up in a duplication of parts especially if they keep all of their big men. DD probably ahead of Hayward and Korver but ironically may get bumped by Rudy Gay who apparently has been told he would make team if he came. If they cut one big and DR then his odds go way up to 80-90%.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                            I don't see him making the team. I think they're going to cut Hayward, DeRozan, Lillard and Drummond. I think they'll prefer Parson's ability to probably play the 3 or the 4 since he's bigger than DeRozan and Korver since he can probably shoot 60% on threes in his sleep to bust any zones they see.
                            I don't know. They've got Gay to play small ball 4, and other zone busters in Curry, Thompson, Harden, even Irving. What they don't have is much in the way of wings that can create for themselves and others.

Comment

• There is no doubt in my mind that he makes the team. The media can speculate all they want and give there reason for there opinions, but come on guys were talking about coach k. This man knows his basketball. he coached the same game that we watched last night. DD is an elite player on this team and he will most likely be a regular rotation player in the FIBA games. for all the fellow DD fans i suggest you go to nba . c o m and read the comments of hangtimes artical titled "who stays and who goes" although don't bother reading the article the writer is uneducated.

Comment

Marc Stein: At his postgame presser, Coach K just announced that there will be no players cut before Friday's game. So 16 make it to Thursday's practice - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.HbnUurkV.dpuf

Comment

Working...
                                X