No announcement yet.

Odds Demar Makes Team USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The importance of playing on a team with some of the best players in the world cannot be underestimated. I'd love to see DeRozan make the team because it can only help him get that much better.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

"@MySportsLegion: USA finalists: KD, AD, Curry, Harden, Kyrie, DRose, Cousins, Drummond, Plumlee, DeRozan, Faried, Korver, Hayward, Lillard, Parsons & Klay."

"@johnschuhmann: Tweeted this last night: I think it's Irving vs. Lillard, DeRozan vs. Hayward, & Cousins vs. Drummond vs. Plumlee for last 3 spots."

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
        And Derozan is much better than Hayward so he should make it. Hayward is so extremely overrated. I know he's the better defender but come on.
        Depends what they are looking for.

Hayward is a better complimentary player due to his skill set

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Depends what they are looking for.

Hayward is a better complimentary player due to his skill set
          I think what you mean is Hayward's game maybe better suited for international play the Demar ..

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
            I think what you mean is Hayward's game maybe better suited for international play the Demar ..
            That is another aspect but not one I think matters here.

What I said was right, in my opinion, the first time.

Comment

My prediction:

Rose, Curry, Harden, Kyrie, DeRozan, Thompson, Durant, Parsons, Faried, Davis, Plumlee, Cousins

Sleeper pick: I wouldn't be surprised if Gordon Hayward makes the team, he actually had a really solid game. If he does you'll see either DeRozan or Parsons be left out.. most likely DD

Comment

I have difficulty believing that Mason Plumlee is anywhere good enough to make the USA men's basketball team, even if Coach K was his coach in college.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                  I have difficulty believing that Mason Plumlee is anywhere good enough to make the USA men's basketball team, even if Coach K was his coach in college.
                  The 5 in international ball is more a position of defending. I think Plumlee would excel in that position, since he is very mobile and agile. They don't need him to score.

Comment

Does anyone know when they're going to make the final decision/cuts?
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                      The 5 in international ball is more a position of defending. I think Plumlee would excel in that position, since he is very mobile and agile. They don't need him to score.
                      I fail to believe the 'experts' on this one. Plumlee isn't that good defensively that he should be overtaking cousins or even Drummond on the team. Like cmon, dude couldn't even handle JV in the playoffs. JV would have destroyed the playoffs if it weren't for the bogus refs and KG's non calls
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                        I fail to believe the 'experts' on this one. Plumlee isn't that good defensively that he should be overtaking cousins or even Drummond on the team. Like cmon, dude couldn't even handle JV in the playoffs. JV would have destroyed the playoffs if it weren't for the bogus refs and KG's non calls
                        JV destroyed him in post up plays. International ball is more of pick-and-roll and uptempo ball than slow half court. Again, I can see why he's still part of the roster now. I don't think he gets it over Drummond. Cousins, maybe, just because he is more mobile.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                          Does anyone know when they're going to make the final decision/cuts?
                          They will announce the final roster the day before the world cup I heard, so look forward to the last week of August...

Comment

i dont know how you dont take drummond
                            he would be like shaq playing most teams

kd and drummond front court would dominate

Comment

draps wrote: View Post
                              i dont know how you dont take drummond
                              he would be like shaq playing most teams

kd and drummond front court would dominate
                              It's such a short run for this team. It may come down to whomever adapts to Coach K's system the quickest and there is a little favoritism at play.

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                                They will announce the final roster the day before the world cup I heard, so look forward to the last week of August...
                                Thanks!
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X