No announcement yet.

FIBA World Cup 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• he probably saw something coming out of the corner of his eye, it hard not to flinch when you are in that position. It different when you are facing someone

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
      Would've been awesome if he didn't flinch.
      lol
      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post

lol

Yo I missed Kobe.
        His the last breed of old school players,Black Mamba is Back.
        Can't wait 2 c what he does this year,probably gonna pick him in my fantasy pool
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Didn't see the game today, but saw the boxscore

When your big man gets 15 points on 5 FGAs

GET HIM THE BALL MORE
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Jonas and his elbows.

Cousins and his Cousins' moments.

Hahaha JVs like

"This guy's fucking crazy"
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post

lol
              That is Gangsta, not even a blink! Not a Kobe fan, but I respect the shit outta his intensity!

Comment

• So who do you guys have in a one-on-one actual fight, Big Val Venis or Boogie?

Boogie has the size advantage, but never question a drunken Eastern European's stubbornness!

I got Val Venis.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                  So who do you guys have in a one-on-one actual fight, Big Val Venis or Boogie?

Boogie has the size advantage, but never question a drunken Eastern European's stubbornness!

I got Val Venis.
                  lol right. Drunk Eastern Europeans are crazy.

Comment

• I'm so glad to hear JV played great. Those stats look good. Is there any reason why he was only 2 for 5 though? Normally he's more efficient.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      I'm so glad to hear JV played great. Those stats look good. Is there any reason why he was only 2 for 5 though? Normally he's more efficient.
                      Got blocked twice by Anthony Davis. He did make Davis foul out though. His getting to the line put the USA big men in foul trouble. 15pts on 5 shots is pretty damn good.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        Got blocked twice by Anthony Davis. He did make Davis foul out though. His getting to the line put the USA big men in foul trouble. 15pts on 5 shots is pretty damn good.
                        I agree. William Lou in his article on the front page made it seem like Jonas didn't play well when it counted. So I was thought maybe the stats weren't telling the whole story.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Jonas could have had 30pts if they fed him the ball more then 3 times.
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                            I agree. William Lou in his article on the front page made it seem like Jonas didn't play well when it counted. So I was thought maybe the stats weren't telling the whole story.
                            I don't get where he was going with that article. Made the game seem like a negative for Jonas, when he put up pretty good stats and was the leading scorer for his team. Despite the fact the guards barely gave him the ball. Plus the aforementioned taking it to Davis and getting him to foul out. JV was going against Davis, Cousins, and Drummond all game, and outplayed all of them (particularly Drummond), at least offensively. JV had 13 FT and the USA centers combined for 6 FT. JV's ability to get to the line and get the opposing big in foul trouble is an underrated asset.
                            Last edited by Primer; Fri Sep 12, 2014, 02:32 AM.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Jonas could have had 30pts if they fed him the ball more then 3 times.
                              The issue I think William Lou has is that he wasn't getting fed the ball. I don't think the guards made a concious effort to say, "You know, I don't think our leading scorer is the best player to go to here". Because of the effectiveness of the American bigs, Jonas just wasn't getting himself into scoring positions.

15 points on 5 shots is great, but if you only have 5 shots as one of the team's best players, usually that's partly on you as a big man.
                              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                                The issue I think William Lou has is that he wasn't getting fed the ball. I don't think the guards made a concious effort to say, "You know, I don't think our leading scorer is the best player to go to here". Because of the effectiveness of the American bigs, Jonas just wasn't getting himself into scoring positions.

15 points on 5 shots is great, but if you only have 5 shots as one of the team's best players, usually that's partly on you as a big man.
                                Remember, those FTAs aren't reflected in the FGAs. Take that into account and he got up something like 10 shots, which is on the high end for what he's been getting in a game so far in the tourney. http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/2014/playerstats

Jonas averaged 7 shots a game and shot 70% on those shots.

He also put up 13 ppg and 8.5 rpg.

Compare that with last year's Eurobasket: 6.5 ppg, 5.2 rpg.

Given the disparity in those numbers, I'll give the Lithuanian coach the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn't expect Jonas to be as good as he was; hence his relatively small role in the offence.

But if in their next tournament, Lithuania doesn't make a point of continually pounding it inside, that coach should be fired.
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X