FIBA World Cup 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put this on the front page:

Valanciunas doesn't realize yet that when NBA players stomp around looking angry, they're waiting for a "Hold me back!" teammate so they can start air punching. If that doesn't happen, it's all about angry faces and puffy chests. Nobody's going to hit you in the back of the head when you're turned away (this isn't hockey).

So Val flinched and Kobe didn't. Kobe knows it's all bluffing. Val will figure it out.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Remember, those FTAs aren't reflected in the FGAs. Take that into account and he got up something like 10 shots, which is on the high end for what he's been getting in a game so far in the tourney. http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/2014/playerstats

Jonas averaged 7 shots a game and shot 70% on those shots.

He also put up 13 ppg and 8.5 rpg.

Compare that with last year's Eurobasket: 6.5 ppg, 5.2 rpg.

Given the disparity in those numbers, I'll give the Lithuanian coach the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn't expect Jonas to be as good as he was; hence his relatively small role in the offence.

But if in their next tournament, Lithuania doesn't make a point of continually pounding it inside, that coach should be fired.
      I didn't watch but it can be more complex than that - if you're guards aren't very good, they can have a really hard time getting the ball into the post whether the big is your best player or not. A good D will focus on denying those entry passes. LTU was missing their starting guard and a good wing playmaker in Kleiza. Did anyone see any of that during the game?
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        I didn't watch but it can be more complex than that - if you're guards aren't very good, they can have a really hard time getting the ball into the post whether the big is your best player or not. A good D will focus on denying those entry passes. LTU was missing their starting guard and a good wing playmaker in Kleiza. Did anyone see any of that during the game?
        Yeah, Lithuania needs some good guard play desperately. They are a team of giants and they just can't run with the Americans (no one can though). That country needs to start developing people who under 6 feet 7.
        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• 'Val Venis' made me chuckle!

Comment

• Lithuania is a small country of 3 million. It's tough to replace world class talent like Kalnietis.

From NY Times today:

After the game there was a brief standoff between players from both teams as well, although Krzyzewski and other coaches quickly intervened.

“I just wanted to get in the middle — I figured they wouldn’t hit an old man,” Krzyzewski said. “Also, I’m Polish — so, to the Lithuanians, we’re friends.”
            Last edited by stretch; Fri Sep 12, 2014, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Is gold medal game on a major network .. Wow listen to a lot of espn podcasts .. This tournment and team U.S.A is getting zero mention on a daily basis ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                Is gold medal game on a major network .. Wow listen to a lot of espn podcasts .. This tournment and team U.S.A is getting zero mention on a daily basis ..
                well lets be honest here, no one really gives a shit about FIBA, especially since the nba's best aren't even playing this year.

Comment

• It's the start of football season in the US right now.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    well lets be honest here, no one really gives a shit about FIBA, especially since the nba's best aren't even playing this year.
                    Does it mater it's FIBA ? It's the front of the Jersey playing for a world championships ... Where other then FIBA competions can
                    U.S.A go against the world ?

What is the difference between FIBA and FIFA ... Cause they sure were talking about FIBA durning the World Cup ...

Comment

Does it mater it's FIBA ? It's the front of the Jersey playing for a world championships ... Where other then FIBA competions can

What is the difference between FIBA and FIFA ... Cause they sure were talking about FIBA durning the World Cup ...
                      It's Sunday and Americans know what it means!

Fuck basketball, fuck everything - it's football night.

P.S. Don't compare FIBA to FIFA. Never.

Comment

FIFA World Cup is the world's most watched sports competition, the greatest show on earth so to speak. The FIBA World Cup, which is poorly attended for most games, is an obscure event in comparison.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                          FIFA World Cup is the world's most watched sports competition, the greatest show on earth so to speak. The FIBA World Cup, which is poorly attended for most games, is an obscure event in comparison.

I am not talking about the World ... I am talking about the U.S .. Basketball is popular in the U.S and cheering for the U.S Flag
                          is also popular in the U.S .. You think those two elements would have some traction in the U.S and would deserve more talk on U.S airways

My question again .. Is NBC or ABC covering that game .. I know Jalen Rose is going to Spain .

Comment

• Serbia playing well early
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Serbia almost up 20 in the second quarter

Teodosic is unconscious
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                                I must say Canada ( media ) doesn't care when World Championships of Hockey happen every May but go crazy when the Olympics are going on in hockey ...

Comment

Working...
                                X