Post Thanks / Like

2. Like Raptorsnz, enlightenment, rocwell, stretch liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar, you better bring that champion-inertia to T.Dot
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

My general impression of the World Cup is that the rest of the world has taken a step back compared to the talent of the USA, that basketball is not at present a truly global sport, and that FIBA is inept at presenting and promoting it's flagship tournament.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    My general impression of the World Cup is that the rest of the world has taken a step back compared to the talent of the USA, that basketball is not at present a truly global sport, and that FIBA is inept at presenting and promoting it's flagship tournament.
    It was definitely one of the weaker crops in recent years. But this could just be cyclical. The mix of teams behind them has lots of teams that are either old and past their prime, or young and not yet near their peak.

It's not like there were many teams who could match them before. Heck, since that bronze in the 06 FIBAs only Spain has been close. Other teams have been falling behind them steadily since around then. Before Spain, Argentina and Serbia (and Montenegro) were the only teams that really could compete against them, and that's including the weaker early 00s years for the USA.

Anyway, we'll see how some of the younger teams shape up over the next few years. I do think Spain has lost ground, but maybe another team or two can move up.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

interesting article from woj

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-nee...044717393.html

basically saying fiba is now nothing more than a recruitment video for coach k and duke.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LMAO!

Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait for Canada to get on the stage for 2019. I think a USA vs Canada finals that ends in a close win for Canada would be huge for basketball and FIBA.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think that Coach K's couching is over-rated? Like sure he might be 64-1 or whatever, but like if he is given an all-star team every year and the average team they have to play are cmoparable to a team like Boston, is anything else really expected?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mike, prague wrote: View Post
    Do you think that Coach K's couching is over-rated? Like sure he might be 64-1 or whatever, but like if he is given an all-star team every year and the average team they have to play are cmoparable to a team like Boston, is anything else really expected?
    I was thinking of the same few days ago. He has the opportunity to choose from the best players in the world. This kind of team does not need to according to some drawn plays as for example Serbia did yesterday. It is almost the same situation as he coaches Duke students. University name is spread all over the world as probably University that has the best basketball team. This attracts talented players and once more coach K has great players.

In my opinion this season will be great for David Blatt. I had the same opinion before Lebron and K Love joined the Cavs. Just look at this video. How passionate he is.

OFF topic: This is the episode from the famous picture from yesterday as Harden cannot find his man in the D side. https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/8BB...ZuxtDBwe74BqTm
    Last edited by acesup; Mon Sep 15th, 2014 at 07:43 AM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there is more parity in world of FIBA basketball today .. U.S has remained the same but previous super powers have gone down while other nations have gone up .. Just look at FIBA america's .. Mexico and Venezuela had the top 5 spots in last years qualifying tournment .. Those two teams were often guaranteed doulbe digit wins for Canada in those type of tournments ,,,

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Canada has a history of struggling to qualify at FIBA Americas. The best results were in 1999 and 2001 could be attributed directly to Steve Nash's involvement in the NT.

2013- 6th place
    2011- 4th
    2009- 6th
    2007- 5th
    2005- 9th
    2003 -4th
    2001- 3rd
    1999- 2nd
    1997- 5th
    1995- 4th
    1993- 7th
    1992- 5th

To qualify for the 2016 Olympics, Canada needs to finish in the top two at FIBA Americas next summer. If Canada can get it's best players involved they have a shot at making it to Rio in 2016. As for the next FIBA World Cup, qualifications take place during the NBA season. I don't see how Canada's best will be available to the national team.

Raptors Republic Starter Fanchie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

FIBA World Cup means absolutely nothing compared to Olympics. And since FIBA World Cup does not offer Olympics berth (except for the winners), continental championships are much more important for all teams. This is why the likes of Parker, Noah or Nowitzki don't play in FIBA WC but will definitely not miss Euro 2015 cause that'll be the first step to Rio.

A team of Parker, Fournier, Batum, Diaw and Noah with Ajinša, De Colo and Gobert coming out of the bench is a solid NBA team and would have cruised to the finals this year. Watch out for the next 2 years.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Canada Vs USA. Wiggins hits the game winner

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Canada Vs USA. Wiggins hits the game winner
    I would rather have nik stauskas with the ball in last seconds of the game ...

17. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote guyroch wrote: View Post
    I would rather have nik stauskas with the ball in last seconds of the game ...
    Andrew Wiggins is the man tho, he's gonna be the top dog for team Canada

19. Like TRex liked this post
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36

Thread Information