• Show
Clear All

• LMAO!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
        My general impression of the World Cup is that the rest of the world has taken a step back compared to the talent of the USA, that basketball is not at present a truly global sport, and that FIBA is inept at presenting and promoting it's flagship tournament.
        Wait for Canada to get on the stage for 2019. I think a USA vs Canada finals that ends in a close win for Canada would be huge for basketball and FIBA.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Do you think that Coach K's couching is over-rated? Like sure he might be 64-1 or whatever, but like if he is given an all-star team every year and the average team they have to play are cmoparable to a team like Boston, is anything else really expected?

Comment

• mike, prague wrote: View Post
            Do you think that Coach K's couching is over-rated? Like sure he might be 64-1 or whatever, but like if he is given an all-star team every year and the average team they have to play are cmoparable to a team like Boston, is anything else really expected?
            I was thinking of the same few days ago. He has the opportunity to choose from the best players in the world. This kind of team does not need to according to some drawn plays as for example Serbia did yesterday. It is almost the same situation as he coaches Duke students. University name is spread all over the world as probably University that has the best basketball team. This attracts talented players and once more coach K has great players.

In my opinion this season will be great for David Blatt. I had the same opinion before Lebron and K Love joined the Cavs. Just look at this video. How passionate he is.

OFF topic: This is the episode from the famous picture from yesterday as Harden cannot find his man in the D side. https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/8BB...ZuxtDBwe74BqTm
            Last edited by acesup; Mon Sep 15, 2014, 07:43 AM.

Comment

My general impression of the World Cup is that the rest of the world has taken a step back compared to the talent of the USA, that basketball is not at present a truly global sport, and that FIBA is inept at presenting and promoting it's flagship tournament.
              I think there is more parity in world of FIBA basketball today .. U.S has remained the same but previous super powers have gone down while other nations have gone up .. Just look at FIBA america's .. Mexico and Venezuela had the top 5 spots in last years qualifying tournment .. Those two teams were often guaranteed doulbe digit wins for Canada in those type of tournments ,,,

Comment

• Canada has a history of struggling to qualify at FIBA Americas. The best results were in 1999 and 2001 could be attributed directly to Steve Nash's involvement in the NT.

2013- 6th place
                2011- 4th
                2009- 6th
                2007- 5th
                2005- 9th
                2003 -4th
                2001- 3rd
                1999- 2nd
                1997- 5th
                1995- 4th
                1993- 7th
                1992- 5th

To qualify for the 2016 Olympics, Canada needs to finish in the top two at FIBA Americas next summer. If Canada can get it's best players involved they have a shot at making it to Rio in 2016. As for the next FIBA World Cup, qualifications take place during the NBA season. I don't see how Canada's best will be available to the national team.

Comment

FIBA World Cup means absolutely nothing compared to Olympics. And since FIBA World Cup does not offer Olympics berth (except for the winners), continental championships are much more important for all teams. This is why the likes of Parker, Noah or Nowitzki don't play in FIBA WC but will definitely not miss Euro 2015 cause that'll be the first step to Rio.

A team of Parker, Fournier, Batum, Diaw and Noah with Ajinça, De Colo and Gobert coming out of the bench is a solid NBA team and would have cruised to the finals this year. Watch out for the next 2 years.

Comment

• Canada Vs USA. Wiggins hits the game winner

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      Canada Vs USA. Wiggins hits the game winner
                      I would rather have nik stauskas with the ball in last seconds of the game ...

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                        I would rather have nik stauskas with the ball in last seconds of the game ...
                        Andrew Wiggins is the man tho, he's gonna be the top dog for team Canada

Comment

Working...
                        X