Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TSN Channel Feeds

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Going the online route is really the cheaper way and then doing a screen/audio transfer to your TV (if you need a large screen visual). I use the Chromecast dongle on a TV hdmi port (one time $40) alongwith the Google Chrome browser and my wireless router does the rest.

2. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    When was the last time every game wasn't carried by one of our networks? I don't think we have to worry about the coverage here in Canada. All 82 games will be televised.
    It's not a matter of every game getting televised. Did you know that of all 30 teams in the NBA, only the Raptors don't have all 82 games broadcast on a same channel? It's getting ridiculous now, just put all of the games on a single station so we don't have to check the schedule every day

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote EverythingBlaxx wrote: View Post
    It's not a matter of every game getting televised. Did you know that of all 30 teams in the NBA, only the Raptors don't have all 82 games broadcast on a same channel? It's getting ridiculous now, just put all of the games on a single station so we don't have to check the schedule every day
    Did you know that of all 30 teams, only the Raptors broadcast every game nationally?

Which station do you think the 50/50 Bell/Rogers ownership should choose? The one owned by Bell or the one owned by Rogers?

5. Like Puffer, Bendit, Letter N liked this post
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems a little ridiculous that people are being so critical about this. Check one channel, if its not there then you know its on the other. Pretty simple to me.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems a little ridiculous that people are being so critical about this. Check one channel, if its not there then you know its on the other. Pretty simple to me.
    We have the cheapest HD satellite package available, so if the game isn't on TSN (or NBC) then it's to the old interweb I have to go for grainy online free content.

8. Like Dr. James Naismith liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure this is true? It wasn't true last year.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a cloning of Bosh and his "wish I got ESPN in Canada" rant. C'mon man!. I would look on it as a positive...having multiple channel possibilities on 2 major outlets dedicated to sports nationally. Even allows for some choice of on air commentary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    That sounds like a cloning of Bosh and his "wish I got ESPN in Canada" rant. C'mon man!. I would look on it as a positive...having multiple channel possibilities on 2 major outlets dedicated to sports nationally. Even allows for some choice of on air commentary.
    Its not a choice of commentary if only one channel is playing the game... It wont be televised in two places at once, one day it will be on one channel and the next day it could be on another (make sure you got both channels).
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Post Thanks / Like

When was the last time every game wasn't carried by one of our networks? I don't think we have to worry about the coverage here in Canada. All 82 games will be televised.
    This. This right here is the correct response.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    This. This right here is the correct response.
    It's just that I only have TSN1. And they only play hockey and curling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    It's just that I only have TSN1. And they only play hockey and curling.
    So then why do you have TSN1 ? Lol
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    We have the cheapest HD satellite package available, so if the game isn't on TSN (or NBC) then it's to the old interweb I have to go for grainy online free content.
    So for the equivalent of a mediocre ticket to a game at the ACC, you could upgrade your package to include the extra channel. Tell your Mom or Dad that you will pay them the $60.00 and please subscribe the the optional sports package for 6 months, then cancel. Or ask for it as a Christmas present. Jeez, shovel four driveways this winter and pay for it yourself.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    So for the equivalent of a mediocre ticket to a game at the ACC, you could upgrade your package to include the extra channel. Tell your Mom or Dad that you will pay them the $60.00 and please subscribe the the optional sports package for 6 months, then cancel. Or ask for it as a Christmas present. Jeez, shovel four driveways this winter and pay for it yourself.
    Hahaha you're assumptions are so off that they are comical.

Cable is awful and not worth the price. Netflex covers 80% of what my wife and I watch. Movies streamed from my computer account for another 5%. Paying $30 a month for HD sports is reasonable enough that I'm willing to do it, but $60 a month isn't. There are too many other things going on in life to want to tie so much money into TV costs when we could use that money towards better things (we installed a pool this year, went on a Mediterranean cruise last year, bought an ATV with a plow so I never have to shovel a driveway again; plus we have a baby). I get lots of games in HD on the TV, stream others when I can, and watch the highlights on NBA.com and Sportscenter. I then get to pocket the cash for better things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Hahaha you're assumptions are so off that they are comical.

Cable is awful and not worth the price. Netflex covers 80% of what my wife and I watch. Movies streamed from my computer account for another 5%. Paying $30 a month for HD sports is reasonable enough that I'm willing to do it, but $60 a month isn't. There are too many other things going on in life to want to tie so much money into TV costs when we could use that money towards better things (we installed a pool this year, went on a Mediterranean cruise last year, bought an ATV with a plow so I never have to shovel a driveway again; plus we have a baby). I get lots of games in HD on the TV, stream others when I can, and watch the highlights on NBA.com and Sportscenter. I then get to pocket the cash for better things.
    Well then you're laughing. Sorry for the assumptions but I thought you were starting to sound like a whiny kid who was upset that everything they wanted wasn't free. I never even paid attention to who it was that was writing. I know you are not that guy.

The legislature is supposed to pass the "menu" cable legislation this session. Presumably we will all be able to just pick the channels we want sometime within the next year. It will be interesting to see how the cable companies structure the pricing.
    Last edited by Puffer; Thu Sep 11th, 2014 at 06:58 AM.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Well then you're laughing. Sorry for the assumptions but I thought you were starting to sound like a whiny kid who was upset that everything they wanted wasn't free. I never even paid attention to who it was that was writing. I know you are not that guy.

The legislature is supposed to pass the "menu" cable legislation this session. Presumably we will all be able to just pick the channels we want sometime within the next year. It will be interesting to see how the cable companies structure the pricing.
    Yeah it will cost $3 per channel and no more BS cable packages that the cable companies forced down our throats

Post Thanks / Like

Love to see $3.00 a channel. I only watch abut five.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information