Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overrated/Underrated teams for upcoming season

Underrated:
    Hawks- Coach Bud is a good coach and they were the 3rd seed last season before losing Al Horford
    Mavs- The only team in the playoffs to compete with the Spurs and they have also added Chandler Parsons

Overrated:
    Trailblazers- A team that got hot from 3 and plays no defense....... Does this team remind you of the 2012-2013 Knicks? Also they have zero depth and if any starter gets injured, they wont even make the playoffs in the West
    Bulls- Chicago is talented and deep, but they still have a ton of question marks (Snell, Butler, McDermott, Mirotic, the health of Rose and Gasol)
    Wizards- Washington downgraded at SF with the loss of Trevor Ariza. Paul Pierce is a shell of himself and can’t produce in all of the ways that Ariza did.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Cleveland Cavaliers. The idea of stockpiling stars does not always work, especially at first. I am skeptical that this year will be a great one for Cleveland. Next year, they have to resign Mr. Love. Will it be a rocky marriage?

Comment

I haven't paid attention to how teams are being rated, and by whom, so have little original thought on the subject. To comment on your selections:

I think you may be over rating the Hawks. Yes, they were 3rd seed over 29 games with Horford, but that was a really soft schedule with 17/29 games vs non=playoff teams and about 4/5 more vs 7th/8th seeds.

Mavs. Nothing would surprise me. Coach Carlisle seems to always get the most out of his players, and with a plan. I read an interesting tidbit about how the Mavs competed so well vs the Spurs in the playoffs. Their defensive schemes actually goaded the Spurs players into much more iso offense than is their norm.

Wiz, agreed. They are also not deep at all, so I don't see them doing as well as some seem to think.

Blazers. I see what you say about lack of depth, but damn, they won 54 games in the West with that team.

The Bulls, if Rose remains healthy, will be very good, so not sure if they're overrated.

Comment

I'll say Charlotte Hornets are underrated. I had to stop myself from typing Bobcats. Very deep team at every position except point guard where I think Lance Stephenson will running the offense at times. Lost McRoberts who had a career year last year, gained Stephenson and Vonleh. Henderson and Walker can score.

I think Miami Heat are overrated due to the obvious reason plus Wade has a lot of mileage on those knees and can not be counted on to play a full season plus playoffs. Bosh will be a great pick for fantasy leagues.

Comment

the spurs are underrated

Comment

Underrated
            -Spurs
            -Mavs
            -Raptors
            -Hawks
            -Timberwolves

Overrated
            -Wizards
            -Portland
            -Bulls
            -Warriors
            -Bucks
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
              I'll say Charlotte Hornets are underrated. I had to stop myself from typing Bobcats. Very deep team at every position except point guard where I think Lance Stephenson will running the offense at times. Lost McRoberts who had a career year last year, gained Stephenson and Vonleh. Henderson and Walker can score.

I think Miami Heat are overrated due to the obvious reason plus Wade has a lot of mileage on those knees and can not be counted on to play a full season plus playoffs. Bosh will be a great pick for fantasy leagues.
              I meant to say Al Jefferson not Henderson.

Comment

I don't think the Bulls are overrated. Yes, they have one of the biggest question marks with Rose, but their roster is better this year than last, and they were a playoff team last year. I mean, they've done as much as anybody in the East (except maybe Cleveland) to improve their roster this offseason, and they were tied for 3rd in the East last year without Rose, and a worse cast around Noah. Way I see it, if Rose is healthy they compete for the top seed. If he's not, they once again compete for a top 4 seed and are probably at worst a 6th seed.

Washington seems a bit overrated to me. I think they have a good chance to win their division. I also am not convinced any team in their division finishes with 50 wins. All have concerns in terms of depth, and since injuries are not predictable, that pretty much means the division is up for grabs. If Big Al is healthy most of the year in Charlotte, and the "crazy" they added with Hairston and Stephenson doesn't destroy chemistry, they're a very scary team and just as good as Washington. And Atlanta and Miami aren't far behind.

I think Miami is also overrated, because I think they're the least likely to win the division but don't see that as the popular sentiment. They have a lot of issues. They lost shooters. They lost creativity. They will be worse attacking the basket, creating in the post, and hitting outside shots, so how are they going to score enough points to win? Their interior D is still an issue, and their rebounding is probably worse. Their perimeter D is worse too...So basically, they obviously got worse across the board, which makes sense with LeBron bolting. Add the fact that Wade is probably not likely to play a healthy season, so issues will be worse for some chunk of games, and I just think they'll be fighting hard to make the playoffs, and would be impressed if they did better than a 5th seed.

Spurs are always underrated. No one has been talking about them, once again.

Dallas is not being talked about a lot. I feel like they made good additions to what was already a fairly strong team. They're well coached too. It's the West so they could have to play insane ball to make the playoffs, but I'd hate to face them in the playoffs.

I wanna say Toronto is underrated, because I've seen enough random things saying they won't win the division and will be a 6th-8th caliber team, however I think mostly they're an afterthought and thus disrespected more out of ignorance than a real critical opinion. I think something working in the Raps' favour is their depth compared to other teams in their range. That usually counts for something in the regular season. If the difference between TOR, WAS and CHA ends up being who gets more consistent production from their bench and who can better withstand injuries, then I like Toronto's chances.

Comment

I think it will be the other Chandler that makes a difference in Dallas ... Chandler Parsons as an upgrade over Marion may be good for the future, but Tyson Chandler over the likes of Samuel Dalembert will be a huge impact right away. If Jameer Nelson, Felton and Harris can contribute well, could be a home-court team
                  The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Although there weren't huge upgrades, I also see the Knicks as underrated ... As much as I want them to be awful, I can actually see them being a 4-6 playoff seed this year.
                    Jose and Larkin will upgrade the PG spot with Prigioni ... 1 or 2 of Hardaway, Shump, JR can play well nightly. Just kinda rough frontline of Amare, Bargs, Dalembert, Cole ... yeh, maybe they won't be good.
                    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Cavs are totally overrated

Love - no D
                      Irving - no D
                      Waiters - meh
                      Verajao - has he ever played a complete season?
                      Thompson - due to take a step back possibly even not start

Blatt - no NBA coaching experience

also with the exception of Verajao 5 of their 8 main rotation guys have no playoff experience.

People are picking them to win the east...maybe...but come playoff time they will be upset by a hungrier deeper team
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Underrated:
                        Hawks- Coach Bud is a good coach and they were the 3rd seed last season before losing Al Horford
                        Mavs- The only team in the playoffs to compete with the Spurs and they have also added Chandler Parsons

Overrated:
                        Trailblazers- A team that got hot from 3 and plays no defense....... Does this team remind you of the 2012-2013 Knicks? Also they have zero depth and if any starter gets injured, they wont even make the playoffs in the West
                        Bulls- Chicago is talented and deep, but they still have a ton of question marks (Snell, Butler, McDermott, Mirotic, the health of Rose and Gasol)
                        Wizards- Washington downgraded at SF with the loss of Trevor Ariza. Paul Pierce is a shell of himself and can’t produce in all of the ways that Ariza did.
                        The BULLS overrated?? Are you kidding me. There coaching, overall team chemistry is fantastic. They basically have been playing the last 2yrs without there all star/team MVP, league MVP pg. And now they have Pau Gasol. c'mon man. do you watch ball??

The Wizards will be tough. I don't believe they are overrated but they are what we think they are. A middle of the road team with some young outstanding players. Pierce is there for leadership, and experience. Plus he's clutch in the fourth, when the game really matters. Perfect teacher for Otto Porter to learn from. They will give every team in the Eastern Conference fits.

Comment

otiswolf wrote: View Post
                          The BULLS overrated?? Are you kidding me. There coaching, overall team chemistry is fantastic. They basically have been playing the last 2yrs without there all star/team MVP, league MVP pg. And now they have Pau Gasol. c'mon man. do you watch ball??
                          Exactly. As Mack11 noted, the Bulls are talented but have big question marks that could easily drop them from a 1 or 2 seed to a middling seed. I'll believe they can get a full, healthy season out of Rose when I see it, ditto for Pau who's only played more than 65 games once in the last 5 years and may be on the decline.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            Cavs are totally overrated

Love - no D
                            Irving - no D
                            Waiters - meh
                            Verajao - has he ever played a complete season?
                            Thompson - due to take a step back possibly even not start

Blatt - no NBA coaching experience

also with the exception of Verajao 5 of their 8 main rotation guys have no playoff experience.

People are picking them to win the east...maybe...but come playoff time they will be upset by a hungrier deeper team
                            yea, the Raptors in round 2. I wouldn't go as far as to say they are totally overrated. They will take some time to gel, but they'll be strong come playoffs. That guy LeBron, or whatever his name is, makes everyone much better.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                              Although there weren't huge upgrades, I also see the Knicks as underrated ... As much as I want them to be awful, I can actually see them being a 4-6 playoff seed this year.
                              Jose and Larkin will upgrade the PG spot with Prigioni ... 1 or 2 of Hardaway, Shump, JR can play well nightly. Just kinda rough frontline of Amare, Bargs, Dalembert, Cole ... yeh, maybe they won't be good.
                              Underrated? I think you meant overrated!

Comment

Working...
                              X