View Poll Results: Raptors MVP of the bench is

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patrick Patterson

    17 37.78%
  • G.Vasquez

    21 46.67%
  • James Johnson

    4 8.89%
  • Lou Williams

    3 6.67%
  • OTHER (Comment Below)

    0 0%
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Raptors MVP of the BENCH (poll)

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Raptors MVP of the BENCH (poll)

    My pick is 2Pat but a close second is GV. But i cant count out JJ and Lou

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I will give it to Greivis, it took him a while to mesh up with the Raptors but once he did, he did well and I fully expect him to do even better next season with the same group of guys.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I will give it to Greivis, it took him a while to mesh up with the Raptors but once he did, he did well and I fully expect him to do even better next season with the same group of guys.
    I couldnt agree more with you but the reason i gave it to 2Pat is cause of Amir is knees

    This is one of the hardest poll i think
    These four players are sooooo good bench players that they could be starter in most other teams

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,683
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    I couldnt agree more with you but the reason i gave it to 2Pat is cause of Amir is knees

    This is one of the hardest poll i think
    These four players are sooooo good bench players that they could be starter in most other teams

    Agreed. We have a really good bench this year. I'm excited

  5. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
  6. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Honestly from last season, it had to be between GV and 2Patt. Both were consistently productive off the bench and both of them were so critical in the Raptors' mid season surge.

    This season, I feel like it will be Patterson. We will rely on him on both ends of the floor immensely. If JV or Amir succumb to foul trouble or injuries, Patterson will be expected to fill in the void immediately.

    We need GV and Lou for their offensive firepower, and JJ for his defensive presence. Patterson will be relied upon heavily to defend and rebound in the paint while also stretching the floor and being active on the offensive end as well.

    Overall though, I see our bench as more of a collective unit. It is their variety of different skills that will make them so deadly when on the floor together.

    A bench of Vasquez, Williams, Johnson, Patterson, and Bebe/ Hayes is very solid and well rounded.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan


  7. Like Puffer liked this post
  8. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Raptors team this year has the ability to gain ground on 75% of the second units in the league.

  9. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,734
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    2Pat is able to contribute both on O and D, while Greivis struggles on D. So I'll give it to 2Pat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,634
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Grevis gets my vote. It is not just his numbers, but his enthusiasm for the game that makes him a great teammate.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

  11. #9
    Raptors Republic Rookie 92TillInfinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    GV had some pretty epic performances coming off the bench, but this really pushed it in the Patman's favour for me...


  12. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm just glad we can have this conversation.

  13. Like consmap, Puffer liked this post
  14. #11
    Raptors Republic Rookie Reboc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    I'm just glad we can have this conversation.
    honestly..

  15. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    2,437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I pick GV, because he is a good passer and when he gets hot it's an amazing sight to see.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  16. #13
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Stiempunk, FTW!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  17. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Patterson will have nicer stats but the overall impact from GV will be greater.

  18. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    505
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    I'm just glad we can have this conversation.
    I was just thinking that!

    Our team is pretty good eh?

  19. #16
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Patterson will have nicer stats but the overall impact from GV will be greater.
    I disagree, I think he's the most important player other than the starters. He's the first big off the bench, and because of Amir's impact on the team, Patterson will be his quick cover in case of injuries, fatigue, etc. His defense is solid, a terrific floor spacer, and is a tenacious rebounder. I think he will have the biggest impact.

    Don't get me wrong, however, Vasquez is an incredibly big part of this team.

  20. #17
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,683
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    I disagree, I think he's the most important player other than the starters. He's the first big off the bench, and because of Amir's impact on the team, Patterson will be his quick cover in case of injuries, fatigue, etc. His defense is solid, a terrific floor spacer, and is a tenacious rebounder. I think he will have the biggest impact.

    Don't get me wrong, however, Vasquez is an incredibly big part of this team.
    Tenacious rebounder is a little much, he's just an average rebounder but I do agree with you he is VERY important to this team. I didn't realize how much our team needed a player like him until we got him. Greivis is definitely very important as well though. But I would say he's a close second.

  21. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter Quirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Don't sleep on T 'Bro.

    Edit: or Fields if he gets minutes.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •