Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Demar & Bruno become like MJ & Scottie Pippen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Demar & Bruno become like MJ & Scottie Pippen?

Demar is already looking kobe-esque. He plays a great mid-range game, though his 3 point shot is lackluster. He is athletic, and has a good post game and fadeaway.

Both Bruno and Pippen have long arms and are great mobile defenders. Both have good 3 point shooting and were projects coming into the league.

With time and developement, do you think Bruno & DD, not DD & Ross, is the future of the Raptors ?

Im a big Derozan fan. I want him to be the next Kobe, always have and always will.

But that won't happen until he develops the ability to change the outcome of a game consistantly on both ends of the floor. Last season, Derozan brought the Raptors back from several impending blowouts, only to fumble the ball in the closing seconds of the game. Derozan played extremely heavy minutes and responded very well to the Rudy Gay trade by stepping up as a leader on the offensive end of the floor.

But on the defensive end, he has yet to become a Kobe-esque leader. Just two seasons ago, a 34 year old Kobe Bryant was guarding the oppositions point guard night in and night out whilst also CARRYING (literally) a severely underachieving Lakers team to the 8th seed (this was the year he tore his Achilles).

Demar possesses tremendous athleticism, size, and has a tremendous work ethic. However, he had to be hidden in Dwayne Casey's defensive system while Terrence Ross was asked to guard the Lebron's, Durants,John Wall's and Joe Johnson's of the league on a nightly basis. While I was and am so thrilled that Ross was able to step up so immensely, it is absolutely imperative that Derozan does the same on the defensive end. (Ross needs to step it up on the offensive end).

As for Bruno, he is going to be developing into a better player for many years to come. He has all the physical tools to become a tremendous defender, and from all accounts he is a receptive learner and a gym rat. The sky is the limit for this young man, but its going to take some time for him to grow. He is already buried under the depth charts behind Ross, Johnson, Williams, and Fields. I don't expect him to spontaneously blossom into the star that we all want him to become. It will take time.

Honestly, the closest thing we ever had to MJ and Pippen was VC and T Mac in 2000. Currently, Demar and Ross are our wings, one of whom which is an all star with a lethal mid game and tremendous athleticism, while the other is a younger player with tremendous defensive potential and a ceiling that has yet to be discovered.

Derozan and Lowry are our present. JV and Ross are our future. Bruno is the distant future of the Raptors.
    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

The answer here is no right? A bit high on the expectations. Could our 24 year old, who just made his first all star game up it to GOAT while our unheralded and unknown hope for the best also turns into one of the top 50 players ever.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Yeah, I hate to be a dick but this is a bit of a silly question.

The answer is flat out no.

MJ and Pippen are two of the greatest to ever play. I don't believe Pippen gets enough credit - dude was a rare, rare combination of ability and skills.

But besides that MJ and Pippen were about 2 years apart in age. Bruno and DeMar are nearly 7. DeMar is going to be exiting his prime when Bruno is just entering.

So again, no.

Comment

I would be happy with Mitch Richmond and Chris Mullin, hell even Lowry is built a little like Tim Hardaway.....
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Pippen wasn't really a project. Played 4 years of NCAA ball and averaged like a 23pt/10reb/4assist line for his senior season.

Comment

They are the future for now whether we like it or not. But they are not MJ & Pippen.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                Pippen wasn't really a project. Played 4 years of NCAA ball and averaged like a 23pt/10reb/4assist line for his senior season.
                Pippen's knock was he played at a small/weak conference school - similar knock was against Lillard and George.

Talent matters more than college it would appear.

Comment

A the time Pippen's college was classified a NAIA school, not an NCAA D-1 school.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                    A the time Pippen's college was classified a NAIA school, not an NCAA D-1 school.
                    wOW.

I didn't know that.

Comment

pippen is my all time favorite basketball player

i love demar and bruno but they won't even come close to either of those players talent/success. it just is what it is. will they become one of the better swing tandems in the league? that's a more interesting question.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Yes

Comment

not the thread for it but i absolutely love what i've seen out of demar with team usa. he's not in the rotation but every time he does get burn he's easily the hardest working player on the court. was watching the game yesterday and hearing the broadcasters rant and rave about DD, his work ethic and how far he's come gave me the feels.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

the answer is no
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                              scottie also had a fully developed nba body that the scout's were drooling over.

Comment

Working...
                              X