X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

competition at camp is going to be intense
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Hamilton & Cherry would appear to be the natural cuts, but that would leave only 2 true PGs on the roster. The improved depth is good for alleviating the pressure on Bruno & Bebe, allowing them to spend the bulk of the upcoming season in the D-league.

In that case Hayes, Hansbrough & Fields would be the team's 11-13th players, giving the Raptors a deep, versatile, experienced roster.

Comment

I don't think anyone can predict who the likely cuts are. The 3 newly signed guys are all favorites I think.

Just because we signed Stiemsma and we need a bigger backup C, does not mean he makes the team. The only spot we still really have an obvious opening is 3rd PG, so I think Cherry's the safest bet to make the team. I think that spot is his to lose. Hamilton or Stiemsma would have to play incredibly well in camp to either cut Cherry, or make more difficult roster maneuvers to bring Cherry and one of them on board.

Also I wonder what tax implications are. If the Raps are hoping to avoid the tax, assuming they still technically can, I hope they do just that. If guaranteeing Greg Stiemsma pushes us over the tax threshold, that's pretty stupid.

Finally, and the most important thing about this signing in my mind, this must mean the end of any Andray Blatche talk.

Comment

Are the Raptors aware that there is a limit to the number of players on your roster?
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
            Are the Raptors aware that there is a limit to the number of players on your roster?
            Probably not. Maybe shoot Masai a text and let him know.
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              If the Raptors run a 20 man roster they'll be the deepest team in the league. Spurs tried 6 men on the floor on offense.

Comment

People know you can (and many teams do) bring more than 15 guys to camp, right?

Comment

Stiesma is awesome

Comment

He was the Celtics 3rd big in 2012 when they went to the ECF and almost beat the Heat
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Kyle Lowry, James Johnson, Tyler Hansbrough, Amir and now Stiesma

The days of raptors being soft our a thing of the past

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Kyle Lowry, James Johnson, Tyler Hansbrough, Amir and now Stiesma

The days of raptors being soft our a thing of the past

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Remember
                        Anthony Parker, Jose Calderon, Andrea Bustnani, Chris Bosh
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          People know you can (and many teams do) bring more than 15 guys to camp, right?
                          We did it last year didn't we? With Buycks, Stone and that other dude who's name escapes my mind.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I like this signing, I hope he makes the final roster. Steimsma is a hustler and good defender.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Masai wants the best 15th man possible.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                                We did it last year didn't we? With Buycks, Stone and that other dude who's name escapes my mind.
                                Carlos Morais, the Angolan Jordan.

Anyway, most teams bring more than 15 guys to camp most years.

Comment

Working...
                                X