Raptors have signed Greg Stiemsma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors have signed Greg Stiemsma

Whoa, this kind of came out of the blue. I really like it though, now here's a guy that can contribute and backup JV.
    @sweatpantsjer

So.........Caboclo to D-League?

Comment

guarantee this guy makes the team over one of psycho t/cherry
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Stiemsa is a dirty player looooooool

good to have him on our team
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

haha yeah he's just as dirty as Psycho T only not completely worthless on defense
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post

Whoa, this kind of came out of the blue. I really like it though, now here's a guy that can contribute and backup JV.
            Next...

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

He's a very good shot blocker, exactly what we need. He should make this team as the backup 5

Comment

Stiemsma, Cherry and Hamilton all have at least partially unguaranteed deals, so if it comes down to it, they can probably waive two of them and stay under the tax. But all these adds make me feel like there is a deal centered around two of our expirings (Fields, Hansbrough?) coming. Never know with Masai though - might just want some competition in training camp.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

2.8 blocks per36 for his career

Comment

I guess we actually have a back up center now

Comment

I would feel much better with him backing up JV this year than I would with Bebe.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Isn't Psycho's contract guaranteed? That just means Cherry and Hamilton will be cut.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

YES! More meat up front! I'm always more confident with the team's success when they have a solid-sized big coming off the bench. No offense to Chuck Hayes or Hansborough -- they bring the ruckus -- but you can't teach size. If either of those guys were 6"11 they would be amazing. Greg "hot and steamy" Stiemsma gives us a big body to throw out there to fight with someone like Mr. Kardashian who, realistically, should not be averaging the 20reb he does against our Raptors Squad. All this plus a measly $1million price tag? fuckin chump change. Awesome signing.

EDIT: LOL I was just trying to be dramatic about the Kris Humphries comment., but turns out in 2011-2012 in three games against the raps he had 16, 8, and 21 rebounds against us. A little dated of a comment, but it stands.
                            Last edited by 92TillInfinity; Thu Sep 4, 2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

17 guys on the roster...what does Masai have cooking!? Stiemsma is a descent pick-up i guess...6 fouls, and a big body to block the paint and change shots....this years version of Aaron Gray

Comment

Working...
                              X