Chuck Hayes + Landry Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I'm optimistic a trade is done before the start of the year. 3 out, 1 in or 2 out, 1 in or 3 out, 2 in with any combination of T, Fields, or Hayes. That is a little over $15M in salary.
    Trading Fields shouldn't be difficult. Even though he hasn't done much here, he has earned a reputation in the league and teams are always looking for good SF's. It may take sacrificing an asset to trade Hayes. If the return is good, why not? If not, hang on to him for a year. But for his salary, he's pretty useful actually.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
      Trading Fields shouldn't be difficult. Even though he hasn't done much here, he has earned a reputation in the league and teams are always looking for good SF's. It may take sacrificing an asset to trade Hayes. If the return is good, why not? If not, hang on to him for a year. But for his salary, he's pretty useful actually.
      what reputation do you think landry fields has in the rest of the league?

Comment

The Dudley trade is similar to the cost to move Fields , a protected first.

Comment

mcHappy: ``If they aren't traded they are not going to be waived.

They make too much money and would still count towards the cap.

Having $12M in salary opens up a lot of trade possibilities. You waive them and replace with $2M and suddenly not too many options out there.

I'm optimistic a trade is done before the start of the year. 3 out, 1 in or 2 out, 1 in or 3 out, 2 in with any combination of T, Fields, or Hayes. That is a little over $15M in salary.''

That's a good point. But..., if there is no good trade scenario I'd rather waive Fields and keep two of the three non-guaranteed contracts. I think Fields is done in the NBA after this contract, while Hayes is actually pretty decent for a back up.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
            I disagree.

Right now he is an end of rotation player AT BEST.

There are a lot of guys in the league who can fill that need at lower than $8.6M - remember he is in the final year of his poison pill deal. He is only a $6.23M cap hit but he costs over $8.

Comment

If they waive one of the expirings, and sign two of the camp contract guys, they will be in the tax. They won't do that, not for an end-of-bencher. And they won't stretch the waived player either, eating into valuable 2015 and 2016 cap room.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                The Dudley trade is similar to the cost to move Fields , a protected first.
                I disagree on the cost.

There is definitely a cost to move him but Dudley had 2 years left on his deal. It is the 2nd year that cost the pick. Fields is up this year.

Comment

I disagree on the cost.

There is definitely a cost to move him but Dudley had 2 years left on his deal. It is the 2nd year that cost the pick. Fields is up this year.
                  Bucks took salary back. Trading an expiring would cost at least a first round pick. Our pick is more valuable than the Clippers

Comment

Bucks took salary back. Trading an expiring would cost at least a first round pick. Our pick is more valuable than the Clippers
                    I believe taking back salary in late august when just about all the free agent dealing with said salary expiring in April is less costly than taking back salary in late august that won't expire until two Aprils during which another free agency will take place.

Just my opinion and happy to disagree.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      If they waive one of the expirings, and sign two of the camp contract guys, they will be in the tax. They won't do that, not for an end-of-bencher. And they won't stretch the waived player either, eating into valuable 2015 and 2016 cap room.
                      So which move makes logical financial sense? Holding on to these guys until the trade deadline? Letting them expire at the end of the season?

Comment

I disagree.

Right now he is an end of rotation player AT BEST.

There are a lot of guys in the league who can fill that need at lower than $8.6M - remember he is in the final year of his poison pill deal. He is only a $6.23M cap hit but he costs over $8.
                        $6.25M, but yes.

Uh, we tossed Novak's two years for a second rounder. No need for a first rounder.

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                        So which move makes logical financial sense? Holding on to these guys until the trade deadline? Letting them expire at the end of the season?
                        I say let them expire unless there is a trade to be had at the deadline that improves the team long term. No need to be trading future assets to be clearing room for the likes of Cherry or Hamilton.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Either trade them (but don't give up draft picks) or just let them expire.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

What can we get from Philly, a rumour circulating the 76ers: Jerami Grant, Dario Saric (prospect), or Alexey Shved?

Personally I like to see we trade Fields to Sixers for Shved + 2015 2nd rounder, then we waive Cherry and have Shved being our third string PG

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                              What can we get from Philly, a rumour circulating the 76ers: Jerami Grant, Dario Saric (prospect), or Alexey Shved?

Personally I like to see we trade Fields to Sixers for Shved + 2015 2nd rounder, then we waive Cherry and have Shved being our third string PG
                              Saric is going nowhere. The Philly rookies and some of the front office went to the FIBA World Cup to hang out with him.

No clue where you got the bunk rumor.

Also, hell no on Jerami Grant. And why would they trade Shved?

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                what reputation do you think landry fields has in the rest of the league?
                                As I've said, for one reason or the other, it has not been apparent in Toronto but Landry IMO has earned the reputation of being a reliable defender and a decent scorer who when/if necessary can also play at PF.
                                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X