Toronto-Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Sure, if we give up nothing. But why would DET do that?
    Detroit does this because they are 5 and 22 and imploding. Monroe does not want to be there. SVG can keep running the same lineup out there hoping for different results which is close to the definition of insanity. His return on either of Jennings or Smith would be minimal.
    We have two firsts in 2016. Ours and perhaps a lottery pick with the NY pick as they are horrible and Denver is unlikely to make the west playoffs this year or next. If our own pick is the in the 24 to 32 range then its not that steep a price to pay for a player such as Monroe who would rank higher on the depth chart at the 4 than Hansbrough.
    The late 1st round picks can be bought for as little 3M dollars. Monroe is worth more than a sold pick at 3M. Stan has to be pretty desparate right now. That team looks pretty bad off last nights game.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Dec 20, 2014, 05:39 PM. Reason: edit to show detroit at 22 losses not 21
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

I said I would do it for nothing. I would not even consider it for a first round draft pick. No way.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I wouldn't do it.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          I said I would do it for nothing. I would not even consider it for a first round draft pick. No way.
          With the cap going up in 2016 and the pick likely "worth" 3M as its going to be a later round one its as close to nothing as you get. Other than Stiemsa and a case of Stella for Monroe. He brings a different set of skills to the party and it could be the difference between getting to the ECF and not. A proven low post scorer that can rebound. If you can rent him for a shot at the title ........Thats why you do it.
          Looks like we disagree on this one.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            With the cap going up in 2016 and the pick likely "worth" 3M as its going to be a later round one its as close to nothing as you get. Other than Stiemsa and a case of Stella for Monroe. He brings a different set of skills to the party and it could be the difference between getting to the ECF and not. A proven low post scorer that can rebound. If you can rent him for a shot at the title ........Thats why you do it.
            Looks like we disagree on this one.
            We certainly do. Especially on the definition of nothing.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
            X