Toronto-Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto-Detroit

Toronto out: Amir Johnson, Chuck Hayes, Landry Fields, Rights to Deandre Daniels, 2015 1st round pick
    Toronto in: Greg Monroe (Sign and Trade), Will Bynum, 2015 2nd round pick

We waive one of Bynum or Cherry, I say keep Bynum

Lineups
    Lowry/Vazquez/Bynum
    DeRozan/Lou Will/Hamilton
    Ross/JJ/Bruno
    Monroe/2Pat/Hansborough
    Val/Stiesma/Bebe

The Raptors get one of the most established PF with lots of upsides in Monroe to play with Lowry and DeRozan, he would pair well with Val and will play his natural position as a PF. Question is how much will Pistons offer Monroe?

The Pistons get one Amir back and I personally think he would pair well with Drummond. Chuck and Hayes are for salary dump beside the Pistons acquire a future 1st round pick.

Monroe signed the qualifying offer of the Pistons yesterday, a one year, $5.48 million deal. He will be a free agent next summer.
    Last edited by stretch; Sat Sep 6, 2014, 06:11 PM.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
      Monroe signed the qualifying offer of the Pistons yesterday, a one year, $5.48 million deal. He will be a free agent next summer.
      I seriously respect the way you responded with calmness and a clear head. Kudous to you good sir,I probably wouldn't have been so nice.

Comment

Now that its bordering on DEFCON 1(Maximum force readiness) in Detroit as they begin a season long meltdown we may be able to get , as a rental, Greg Monroe for one of Grervis or Tross. I'd prefer to keep Grevis as we can use the ball handling now and in the post season but would part with either to fill a sink hole up front.

Yes I am keenly aware that Monroe is a rental but the Pistons are going to lose him for nothing if they don't make a trade. We can use the proven low post scoring and rebounding right now. We can play him at the 5 and see if this somehow wakes up the incumbent to play better than he has so far.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          Now that its bordering on DEFCON 1(Maximum force readiness) in Detroit as they begin a season long meltdown we may be able to get , as a rental, Greg Monroe for one of Grervis or Tross. I'd prefer to keep Grevis as we can use the ball handling now and in the post season but would part with either to fill a sink hole up front.

Yes I am keenly aware that Monroe is a rental but the Pistons are going to lose him for nothing if they don't make a trade. We can use the proven low post scoring and rebounding right now. We can play him at the 5 and see if this somehow wakes up the incumbent to play better than he has so far.
          Monroe trade is complicated by the QO situation. He and his agent probably have a exit strategy that doesn't include playing in the Article for a couple months.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
            "playing in the Article" for a couple months.
            What do you mean by the that ? Honest question as I don't know what your getting at
            - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              What do you mean by the that ? Honest question as I don't know what your getting at
              Meant Article autocorrect. He's probably going to LAL and killing time right now

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Meant Article autocorrect. He's probably going to LAL and killing time right now
                Arctic - autocorrect again

Comment

Ah.. OK...
                  Still Detroit is going south fast. SVG won't get fleeced but he is hardly dealing from the leveraged side of a deal. No guarantee he re-ups but if the price is right he'd give the Raps a different look than the perimeter based team they are today. If we are going for it this year then we would be able to withstand the loss of Ross rather than General Grevis better.
                  Ideally we give them an expiring and 2nd rounder to help with the rebuild. Hate to be SVG . Death by hanging or death by firing squad. Take your pick.

5 JV / Monroe/ Chuck / The Steamer / Bebe
                  4 Monroe / Amir / PPat / TH
                  3 Ross / JJ / Bruno / Fields
                  2 Demar / Lou / Grevis
                  1 Kyle / Grevis
                  - TGO

Comment

According to NBA rules, Pistons forward Greg Monroe is now eligible to be traded. And, sources told Sporting News, he wants that, badly. But teams seeking Monroe will need to cough up a first-round pick, and that's a sticking point. CBS Sports

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...ith-and-monroe

We have two 2016 firsts... and we have about ~13M of cap sapce if we just let Chuck/Landry and the buyout residual of Camby expire ...

For sure its a rental this year with no guarantees beyond that .. but if the Raps do this and go deep in the playoffs winning is an amazing accelerant to get a player to resign.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Dec 15, 2014, 09:05 PM. Reason: added link
                    - TGO

Comment

I don't know why there would be any assumptions that Monroe wants to go to LA , yes we are North of the border but at least you have chances at a title here. I feel he would be a great fit, maybe offer hansbourough in return with the pick and another piece possibly. But I would not give up amir .

I think that if we could grab Monroe, he should start PF and amir back him up. Once/if he gets 100% they can be interchangeable

Comment

Sorry correction, amir back up JV and 2pat back up monroe

Comment

If we really warn Monroe, we should just offer him a contract in the summer. And I really don't want Monroe.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            If we really warn Monroe, we should just offer him a contract in the summer. And I really don't want Monroe.
                            Don't mind Monroe if we give up nothing and he leaves in the off-season, pure rental. Not really a guy for the long term.

Comment

Sure, if we give up nothing. But why would DET do that?
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X