Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://time.com/3296175/bruce-levens...-abdul-jabbar/

I agree with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

I also agree with Joey that this is a "great" way to sell the team while putting losses in the shadows.

After seeing clippers go for $2B and bucks for $550, he must be awaiting a pretty return based on 2005 purchase.

Comment

Moving Atlanta to Seattle would cause a team to relocate conferences which could pose other challenges. But I would love to see a team in Seattle again.

Memphis is probably the team that gets moved.. at least geographically probably the one team that should be out East out of all the Western teams.

Comment

And then there's Ferry

Cant make this shit up...this is much worse and cant even be sugar coated though he is trying....

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...acist-comments

Wonder how Masai feels.

Comment

Ferry is also acting like a 5 year old in this situation. He's saying that it's not what he thinks he just was reading it off the scouting report.
          Then why would he read it then? Lol Ferry isn't that smart of a guy I think
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Ferry is also acting like a 5 year old in this situation. He's saying that it's not what he thinks he just was reading it off the scouting report.
            Then why would he read it then? Lol Ferry isn't that smart of a guy I think
            Ferry, Goodell, others....this is what happens with untenable positions and arrogance...and when the shit hits the fan they start sounding stupid with their attempts to defend them selves

Comment

The result I'm hoping from all this is that Atlanta feels the need to blow it up with the sale of the team, and one of Horford or Millsap become available via trade.

Comment

What Ferry said
                ... he has a little African in him. Not in a bad way, but he’s like a guy who would have a nice store out front but would sell you counterfeit stuff out of the back.

Ferry is Ron Burgundy and he’ll read anything put in front of him. Ferry should get fired because he’s a racist plain and simple and its just the tip of the iceberg because 99% of ownership in the*NBA*is White and you can be sure that when they get behind closed doors with their 100 year old scotch and fat cigars they say a bunch of racist crap about the mostly Black players.

Comment

Deng's statement

Deng issued the following statement Tuesday summing up his feelings about Ferry’s remarks:

“HE HAS A LITTLE AFRICAN IN HIM”

“These words were recently used to describe me. It would ordinarily make any African parent proud to hear their child recognized for their heritage.

“I’m proud to say I actually have a lot of African in me, not just “a little”. For my entire life, my identity has been a source of pride and strength. Among my family and friends, in my country of South Sudan and across the broader continent of Africa, I can think of no greater privilege than to do what I love for a living while also representing my heritage on the highest stage. Unfortunately, the comment about my heritage was not made with the same respect and appreciation.

“Concerning my free agency, the focus should purely have been on my professionalism and my ability as an athlete. Every person should have the right to be treated with respect and evaluated as an individual, rather than be reduced to a stereotype. I am saddened and disappointed that this way of thinking still exists today. I am even more disturbed that it was shared so freely in a business setting.

“However, there is comfort in knowing that there are people who aren’t comfortable with it and have the courage to speak up. In the same way a generalization should not define a group of people, the attitude of a few should not define a whole organization or league.

“Ultimately, I’m thankful to be with an organization that appreciates me for who I am and has gone out of its way to make me feel welcome.”

------------------------------------------------------

Well said.

Comment

I still don't see the uproar over owners comments. He was talking from a business perspective. I'll just leave it as what Kareem said.

However when it comes to ferry and the report, I still don't get it in reference to deng. It seems so stupid to me. WTf does that even mean regarding an nba player? Was it a reference to his poor showing in advanced stats? A jab at his injury history? This is just stupidity on Ferrys part. The comment is inappropriate to begin with regardless of situation but in a business meeting? Stupid.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      I still don't see the uproar over owners comments. He was talking from a business perspective. I'll just leave it as what Kareem said.

However when it comes to ferry and the report, I still don't get it in reference to deng. It seems so stupid to me. WTf does that even mean regarding an nba player? Was it a reference to his poor showing in advanced stats? A jab at his injury history? This is just stupidity on Ferrys part. The comment is inappropriate to begin with regardless of situation but in a business meeting? Stupid.
                      It's almost like he thought his audience were all racists and was trying to play to the crowd with a ridiculous joke. That's all I can think of. Most racists aren't even that outright with their opinion.

Comment

Interesting thing I found on Danny Ferry

"Then there was an incident while with the Blazers when Wells spit on Ferry, now the Cleveland Cavaliers' president of basketball operations.

Wells' agent, William Phillips said part of that story always gets omitted.

"Ferry (allegedly) called him a (racist name)," (N word) Phillips said. "That part of it never gets reported. And Ferry becomes the president of basketball operations.

Ferry did not return a phone call to The Bee."

Comment

Working...
                        X