ESPN: Iverson, Grizzlies Agree to Part Ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN: Iverson, Grizzlies Agree to Part Ways

It's shame because I think Iverson still has alot of game in him. Just a shame his ego was getting the best of him in Memphis. Although I know there were personal reasons for him leaving too, but being vocal about not wanting to be a bench player most certainly didn't help his cause either. Probably a good move for both parties.

And now it looks as though the Knicks are his possibly next destination.

The Allen Iverson experiment with the Memphis Grizzlies is over.

Memphis announced Monday that the team has ended its one-year contract with the 10-time All-Star and former league MVP in what it called a mutual agreement. Iverson was not placed on waivers by the 6 p.m. ET deadline on Monday so is expected to be waived on Tuesday, a league source told
    Under the agreement, Iverson will receive only a fraction of the $3 million he was scheduled to earn. If he clears waivers, he will become an unrestricted free agent on Wednesday night.

At least one team has confirmed it has interest in Iverson. New York Knicks president of basketball operations Donnie Walsh told the New York Daily News on Monday night that the team will explore the possibility of signing Iverson.
    Source - Click here

The guys poison straight up.

If I were a gm I wouldn't go near him!
    Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

Working...
    X