Leiweke spits hot fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Everything from why he's leaving, what he doesn't like about MLSE, the Leafs, the future popularity of the Raps, and his future plans.

He doesn't hold back.

Bump. Video is now unlocked.

Comment

Did this guy just take the first job offered him after the AEG stint? Didn't he know about the ownership setup before he took it? He is just bailing for whatever reason....after one year really. Very disappointing. On to the next huckster making promises.

Comment

I watched the whole video i enjoyed it. good questions good anwsers, nothing he said was spiting fire.

Comment

It is what it is. The MLSE has always been about the bottom line, they know that a successful team will make more money, however the gamble and investment needed to win is to big to offset the discrepancy they see in the profits gained using the present, conservative and steady model in the Toronto market.

So I'm glad That TL pissed and moaned publicly.

that said, TL has become yet another situation where I feel like I have been bang on from the outset. He said all the right things, talked the big talk, and came in with US efficacy in some area's because of his previous position so that helped the Raptors as the media was willing to run with the story and make it seem lik ehe brought the franchise to another level.

he didn't

He spent money that was never offered to his predecessors, bought a couple fringe Premier leaguers for the FC, got lucky signing Ujiri..... and thats about it. Here's a guy preaching "character", despite having showed that as far as it pertains to his commitment to the Franchise, and to his "plan", he saw it fit to bail the first chance he got.

Thats the polar opposite of what this guy used as part of his mantra coming in, and still, to this day. I was wary when he was hired, but optimistic. In some ways he was good for toronto, but it proved a facade, one made possible by the opening of the Bell/ Rogers coffers. TL in effect, now that the dust is settling, didn't do shit for this franchise..... and to be honest, Bryan Colangelo, with the same cash and freedom might well have done just as much.

I couldn't give a shit about TL, I can't see him leave fast enough. His tenure here will only set the franchise back farther than it was with the way he is trash talking it on the way out the door. Think its bad now, wait till he's n longer under contract. The US media will swallow it up and they will dump on Toronto like never before. the only, and I mean ONLY hope now is that the guys here can actually continue to improve on their own, on the floor, and WIN. and winning is the ONLY THING that can help this franchise. NOTHING outside the ACC or off that court will EVER help this team. Its a losing battle, and it should be used as fuel for the actual players....... and thats my 2 cents.

Comment

Speaking of spitting fire..:

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Or it could be Jonas....
              Why do you feel it might be him? Im interested to know.
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                Speaking of spitting fire..:
                Flaming Moe?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Flaming Moe?
                  Happiness IS just a Flaming Moe away!

*Its amazing what you can find on the internet these days!
                  Last edited by Joey; Mon Sep 15, 2014, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                    Happiness IS just a Flaming Moe away!

Actually, that's a very good visual of what has happened. The flaming Moe is Lieweke's departure. The left hand side is how Tim is handling it; the right hand side is how MLSE is handling it.

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                      Why do you feel it might be him? Im interested to know.
                      He seems like the outsider type, does his own thing.

Comment

I dunno. TL is starting to come across as a malcontent. Basically, a corporate guy with big enough balls to talk back to his superiors, but not big enough (yet) to start his own business. He pretty gives the reason in this article, if you take it at face value. Sounds like somebody who has long outgrown being an employee, no matter how highly compensated he is. That type of guy is toxic to any environment, no matter how good he is. So, I'm inclined to think that his MLSE stint was a pre-meditated loophole in his US non-compete clause and this exit has been in the works since the beginning. He's already promoting his next gig.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/t...-mlse-stubhub/

“I have worked for 37 years for somebody else,” he said. “For 37 years, I’ve disagreed. For 37 years, I ultimately get outvoted a lot. For 37 years, I’ve looked at the way I’d do things if I had the money and the choice, and I’d do it differently occasionally.

“But more than anything, for 37 years I’ve gotten up and I have been the shepherd of someone else’s flock and I realize now that if I’m ever truly going to prove myself, test myself … I need to go get up every morning and be absolutely scared shitless that I’m going to fail and I need to do it with my own money and I need to do it with my own ideas and my own stupid decisions.

“Maybe I’m right, maybe I’m wrong, but I need to do it. And I need to prove whether or not I’m a good entrepreneur or a bad entrepreneur.”

Comment

Any idea what his entrepreneurship endeavor will entail?

He better not have quit to start a lemonade stand.

Comment

Any idea what his entrepreneurship endeavor will entail?

He better not have quit to start a lemonade stand.
                            Competitor to StubHub.com

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Competitor to StubHub.com
                              Hmmmm, interesting.

If it'll get me to the ACC with more money left in my wallet, good on you, Tim. Good on you.

Comment

Hmmmm, interesting.

If it'll get me to the ACC with more money left in my wallet, good on you, Tim. Good on you.
                                Not quite his vision, as I understood it.

Its more so to get you to ACC with more money in MLSE's wallet.

Comment

Working...
                                X