No announcement yet.

Which Cousin Would You Build Your Team Around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Management goes all out on a stud player and surrounds him with shit, and somehow it is the studs fault they don't get out of the first round, or never get a ring. What stupidity.

Basketball players are human, not mutant mentalists. No player in the history of the game could "will his team" to a championship. Jesus, that's just a stupid sports cliche, like "Giving 110%."

Comment

both talents

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        Fucking both of them

Whoa, not literally, right? lol I think I get what you're saying though.

Great thread and question by the OP!

I'm so torn on this one, deciding as I type. I think I would go with T-Mac though. If he were a superstar in this day and age, guys would be lining up to play with him. Kinda like if they had managed that T-Mac, Grant Hill, Tim Duncan lineup in Orlando like he thought he was gonna have.

Comment

T-Mac was better in every aspect of the game except 3-point shooting and was miles ahead on defense.

There's a reason Vince never made a 1st team all-NBA.

Comment

If I were to chose between cousins I'd rather start a team with Demarcus Cousins.

Comment

vince, i think tmac was too "me first". tmac was a great player but in basketball, especially, the team with the most talent wins and that says a lot on what tmac brought. if he was your best player you never had enough talent to get out of round one while he looked great getting you there.

shouldn't even be a question though. It should have been both of them. tmac would still have his knees and carter wouldn't be a quitter.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                If I were to chose between cousins I'd rather start a team with Demarcus Cousins.
                I see where you went with that. He's a nice piece, but too much of a head case to build a winner around. If he had the brain of Kirk Cousins, no problem, mon!

Comment

TMac definitely.. not winning in the playoffs has more to do with the depth his teams had. Look back at the teams he was playing on in the playoffs.

Bill Simmons does a great job discussing TMac's career:
                  http://grantland.com/features/the-un...te-tale-t-mac/

Comment

T-Mac for sure,you flip T-Mac & Vince during the seasons after we lost to Philly and we make the finals no doubt.Off topic tho was watching the what if on NBATV yesterday and they brought up T-Mac and not once did they even consider what if he stayed in T.O wit Vince.Glad neither one of em got ring

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                      The Kings are building around Gay Cousins.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        The Kings are building around Gay Cousins.
                        gay is gonna walk the following season. he had the option to commit longer and didn't.

Comment

If Kevin Durant had crap teammates and was slightly more injury prone, would his career be any different than T-Mac's?
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                            Whoa, not literally, right? lol I think I get what you're saying though.

Great thread and question by the OP!

I'm so torn on this one, deciding as I type. I think I would go with T-Mac though. If he were a superstar in this day and age, guys would be lining up to play with him. Kinda like if they had managed that T-Mac, Grant Hill, Tim Duncan lineup in Orlando like he thought he was gonna have.
                            Haha, well, if I was, I'd have way more money to my name...

This whole thread just makes me sad, because we had them both, and it was glorious while we did.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I would think TMac.

I don't believe he ever "quit" on any of his teams, and Carter I believe did, indirectly, but still.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                                If Kevin Durant had crap teammates and was slightly more injury prone, would his career be any different than T-Mac's?
                                this is a good question. i think the answer i would give is lebrons' first stint in cleveland. he didn't have a lot of help and brought them to the finals. of course lebron is special, but i think with kevin winning mvp and having one of the best offensive years ever, last year, it is comparable.

this takes it further into how much grant hill, in his prime, would have helped t-mac. he had a year or so with yao before the feet i think as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X