Which Cousin Would You Build Your Team Around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Cousin Would You Build Your Team Around

So you are the General Manager of the Toronto Raptors (or any team of your choosing), Knowing what you know about Vince Carter and Tracy Mc Grady: Who would you keep as your Franchise Corner Stone.

Half Man Half Amzings career stat line :20.2ppg 4.9 rpg 3.7apg 1.1 stlpg 0.6 blkpg 2.0topg

T-Mac's career stat line: 19.6ppg 5.6rpg 4.4apg 1.2 stlpg 0.9blkpg 2.2topg

Close race eh??

Technically Carters best all around year was 06-07 New Jersey Nets: 25.2ppg, 6rpg, 4.8apg, 1stlpg, 0.4blkpg, 2.6topg

And The Big Sleeps (yes that's one of Tracy's nick names) best all around year was 01-02 Orlando Magic: 25.6ppg, 7.9rpg, 5.3apg, 1.6stlpg,1blkpg, 2.5topg

Now you know there stories, you know there ups and downs, you know what individual accolades they have earned and whose team did what, but which, which one would you give that max deal to and why????

It would be hard to choose between those two very selfish but talented individuals because both players ditched the Raptors, leaving on bad terms, so my answer is neither.

Comment

Tracy McGrady's best all around year was 2002-2003 not the one you posted

In that season he averaged
      32 6.5 5.5
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Gimme VC any day of the week. TMac couldn't even get out of the first round.

Comment

Give me Tmac all day everyday!

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Give me Tmac all day everyday!
            Have fun losing in the 1st round every year.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              Have fun losing in the 1st round every year.
              Vince isn't getting you a ring either

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                Gimme VC any day of the week. TMac couldn't even get out of the first round.
                Fill us in on VC's wonderful playoff exploits.

Comment

Tmac

7 time All-NBA(2 1st team, 3 2nd team, 2 3rd team)

VC

2time All NBA(1 2nd team, 1 3rd team)

Comment

VC's career is almost as empty as McGrady's when it comes to postseason/team success.

It's true he doesn't have the ugly smear of the "Never made it out of the first round" reputation like T-Mac (technically not true by the way as McGrady was on the Spurs roster that lost to Miami in the Finals in 2013) but VC hasn't fared much better. He's been to the second round 4 times over sixteen seasons, and is 0-4 when he gets there. And he wasn't the leader of any of those teams except for the year the Raptors lost to the Sixers in 2001.

Plus go back and look at some of the numbers McGrady was putting up during some of those first round defeats - they are stat lines that not even LeBron could mess with. For example: 33.8 points, 8.3 assists, 6.5 rebs, 1.8 steals, 1.3 blocks and only 2 turnovers a night in 2001. Sometimes you do all you can and your team falls short - that is sports. I never quite understood what more people expected from T-Mac in spots like that unless he was magically able to will his teammates shots into the hoop.

I'd have to think about it more on who I'd take to build around but if you're making your decision because you think T-Mac was some sort of perennial loser and VC wasn't something very similar, I think you're making a mistake.
                    Last edited by Fully; Sun Sep 14, 2014, 06:57 PM.

Comment

T-Mac. He was an absolute monster in his prime. Put a prime McGrady in the NBA today and he's the third (second?...First?) best player in the league.
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Statistically T-Mac is the better player but you have to take in account that he was the unquestioned leader for his teams in Orlando and Houston and ya once again he never past the first round.....hmmmm

Comment

Mr Dimez wrote: View Post
                          Statistically T-Mac is the better player but you have to take in account that he was the unquestioned leader for his teams in Orlando and Houston and ya once again he never past the first round.....hmmmm
                          So was Vince
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Fucking both of them

"Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I would keep them both.

As simple as that.
                              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X