Trading for a Power Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading for a Power Forward

Toronto is beginning to develop enough depth to look similar to Denver. Now the question which position requires an upgrade, the horford / milsap or a David Lee Plus .

I still believe TRoss will be a solid #2 in due time because of his shooting ability.

So a larger #3 a Harrison Barnes - an ultimate rotation of Barnes, DD and TRoss would be a great package and would be interchangeable while waiting for Bruno.

Giving up Lou Williams, Amir and fields for David Lee plus Barnes. Allows Golden State to have a salary dump of David Lee and absorb Klay Thompson's salary for 2015- going forward.

Lee is a 15/10 man equal to Milsap at Milsap's 2015 projected salary, the difference is Lee can actually play center when JV gets tired and PP can step in to play forward .

My belief Bebe and Bruno are two years away from playing 15-20 minutes per game.

Lee expires for the summer of 2016 as well. I'd love this deal, since we give up so little (and could chase Amir in free agency for the MLE anyway). Odds are the Warriors have no interest though.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

To get rid of Lee they would they are hindered next year because of 5 players earning 55 million dollars and Klay Thompson coming up for a 4/50 million dollar contract next year .

Comment

I understand the reasoning, but think they could get more for Lee without giving up Barnes, so would not be interested in this deal.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

To whom do you think that they receive more- a 1st round pick? Or a 2nd round pick?
          Lee and his 31 million dollars to be traded for a Al Horford due to the Atlanta upheaval?
          Lee requires a forward in return , but a 15 million dollar forward at the age of 31 for a younger forward at 27 with 75% of the talent for half the price - there is a cost for dumping of 8 million is a benefit to the other team
          Remember Golden State salary has been reduced by 18 million dollars + for year 2. This allows Amir to be re-upped or Klay to be extended at around 10-12 million annually.

Comment

I understand. But almost every team in the league can offer that sort of package of expirings. There is bound to be a better offer, financial aspect notwithstanding. Whether that's a decent player back, a pick, or some combination of that, or even just not asking for Barnes too, there's no way the offer you out together is the best out there. Remember, Gay was traded for two rookie scale guys with promise and two bench pieces - and he was on a significantly worse contract than Lee, and we gave up no one on the level of Barnes.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Lou Williams provides a backup 2 and Amir becomes the starting PF and Landry Fields becomes ballast. No different than Gay except there were no starters offered in the package for Gay .
              This is a better package offer for Lee, with greater costs to Toronto in the second year salaries, that is why Harrison Barnes is included for absorbing the costs of Lee.

Comment

All of those assets walk at the end of the year. We kept Patterson and Vasquez, with both being RFA's, and we have Chuck Hayes, a solid backup C, locked in for one more year.

Again, you are really overselling the value of taking Lee's contract off their hands. They are essentially throwing him away, and giving up Barnes for the privilege.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Understand your point, 6 players @ 68 million if they keep Klay
                  76ers want a first or young player to take off a big salary, such as Amare which is actually less money Lee.

So I don't think I am wrong. Amir becomes their starting PF - neither Vazqez nor Patterson were starters. Chuck and Salmons were ballast.

Is your issue you dont want to lose Amir?

Amir + Fields+ hansborough =Lee + Green in lieu of Barnes

Comment

I have no issue with the deal from our end and would be all over it. Which is why I seriously doubt the Warriors even consider it.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think Lee ends up in Orlando, personally.

Comment

I don't see how Lee is an upgrade. He is not known as a good defender, is 31 years old, and has missed a good number of games over the last 4 years. He does rebound well, and shoots a great percentage from the field, but we don't have the floor spacers that GState has. As far as being a able to back up the 5 spot, I disagree.

I like the potential addition of Barnes, as long term I think he is a better fit than Ross.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                          I don't see how Lee is an upgrade. He is not known as a good defender, is 31 years old, and has missed a good number of games over the last 4 years. He does rebound well, and shoots a great percentage from the field, but we don't have the floor spacers that GState has. As far as being a able to back up the 5 spot, I disagree.

I like the potential addition of Barnes, as long term I think he is a better fit than Ross.
                          Lee isn't an upgrade, but he does do certain things well, and on a two-year deal is not too much of a cost to be able to bring Barnes aboard.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Lee played Center for two years and was a 20/10 man. Golden State lowers salary which they want to allocate the monies for Klay Thompson and the issue of trading one of 5 relatively lower cost assets that GS owns.

Toronto had cap issues with Gay last year and when they received the compensation of GV , Salmons, PP and Chuck - everyone thought the team was dumping the season , so much so that MU was selling Kyle to the Knicks for a prospect and the than fattest point guard since Baron Davis.

So, GS has a plan that they want to achieve ( Klay Thompson) when dumping Lee compared to Gay which was a reduction of salaries and the hope that the RFA would achieve a new contract

Comment

GSW have also been reported to be reluctant to hand a max salary to Klay anyway - so why would they throw away two assets for the privelege? Amir may replace Lee's role this year, but once Klay signs, you still have to go out and sign a starting PF and fit it within your budget. Then they are just as pressed money-wise, except with less talented players and short a prospect compared to before.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X