No announcement yet.

Trading for a Power Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you look in one of my notes that I believe they could sign Klay for around 12 million per annum. That would allow them to spend 7 to 8 million for a PF in 2015/16.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
      If you look in one of my notes that I believe they could sign Klay for around 12 million per annum. That would allow them to spend 7 to 8 million for a PF in 2015/16.
      Sign him for $12 million? Good luck with that.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        Sign him for $12 million? Good luck with that.
        A similar deal would be comparable with James harden package of 5/85 starting at 13 million. Please convince that this contract would be unrealistic in comparing Klay Thompson and James Harden within a few percentage points.

Comment

A similar deal would be comparable with James harden package of 5/85 starting at 13 million. Please convince that this contract would be unrealistic in comparing Klay Thompson and James Harden within a few percentage points.
          Different cap now compared to then. Especially with the looming cap boom. Anyone anywhere near a max-level deal will insist on the absolute max because the following year the cap is flying up so high.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

How far was Klay from the cap offer, believe Klay is 1/2 level behind Harden. Harden and Klay having the same cap seems reasonable- since the best offer would be a total of 10 million more with one year less. But I understand your position.
            So if you are Klay do you want to resign with Gsw or go play for Dallas for a shorter contract or maybe a San Antonio, or maybe a Florida team that has a lower tax rate - which balances the extra monies.

Comment

How far was Klay from the cap offer, believe Klay is 1/2 level behind Harden. Harden and Klay having the same cap seems reasonable- since the best offer would be a total of 10 million more with one year less. But I understand your position.
              So if you are Klay do you want to resign with Gsw or go play for Dallas for a shorter contract or maybe a San Antonio, or maybe a Florida team that has a lower tax rate - which balances the extra monies.
              Klay has stated over and over again how happy he is to be there. Imo, he'll get his money and be there for awhile.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                GSW have also been reported to be reluctant to hand a max salary to Klay anyway - so why would they throw away two assets for the privelege? Amir may replace Lee's role this year, but once Klay signs, you still have to go out and sign a starting PF and fit it within your budget. Then they are just as pressed money-wise, except with less talented players and short a prospect compared to before.
                That is why I think he goes to Orlando.

Orlando sends back Frye and others.

Kerr has said he wants a 3pt threat at the PF.

Comment

Definitely see GS packaging Barnes.

Barnes has a lot of talent but for it to flourish in GSW he has a lot of guys ahead of him on the pecking order.

Green fits their team much better with Curry and Thompson and comes at about 1/3 cost of Barnes.

Comment

Isn't amazing that these players want the max. And I can't understand if they forgo 1 or 2 million the team is deeper and the 7,8 and 9 th man and the monies used you have a better quality replacement.
                    Alternatively , the players will claim management should go into the luxury tax. The James Dolans and the Buss families may eventually go into the tax area but even Brooklyn management is coming to their senses with respect to crazy spending.
                    Players 10-13 will be rookie contracts and the 14-15 players will be flotsam of the basketball market.
                    The starting 6 of established competitive teams will have salary expenditures in the low 60 million dollars, hoping at least two of your starting 6 will be on their starting contracts- to be successful in the NBA this seems to be most successful formula .
                    But we have morphed away from the thread of David Lee & prospect such as Barnes or Green as a replacement for Amir plus others
                    Last edited by Heatdreamer; Wed Sep 17, 2014, 10:11 AM.

Comment

very nice postttttttttttttttttttttt
                      Are you worried about Pass4sure HP2-E58 exam prep and University of Advancing Technology practice test? Check out our latest resources for Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and COMPTIA questions for practice with definite guarantee of EXIN

Comment

Working...
                      X