top 500 is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    DD and Lowry should both definitely be top 50.
    lowry should be top 30 he is much better than derozan.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...ankings-91-100

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
        I would guess that JV, Amir, and Ross are just about the lowest-ranked starting frontcourt in the league based on their scores here.
        Maybe of the playoff teams, and even then I think PHX comes in lower, and maybe CHA and DEN*, but BOS, MIL, LAL, ORL, PHI, UTA, will all definitely end up ranking lower than us.

Stoudemire 190 and Dalembert 194 (Bargnani 227) mean that Melo would have to be -57 to beat our ranking, which I guess means that he would have to have some kind of cosmic powers to reverse the natural order of things. Now that is a bad frontcourt.

According to this survey we'll probably be 19th or 20th, which just means that Val and Ross are going to have to earn their reputations this year.

*Edit: with Gallo at 99 and McGee at 141, Faried would have to be better than 92, so Denver beats us.
        Last edited by Scraptor; Mon Oct 6, 2014, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...rankings-81-90

none of us

Comment

• I love Giannis but the hype is a little out of control. He has another year or two before he breaks out, I think. People need to tone down the expectations this year or they're going to be disappointed.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              I love Giannis but the hype is a little out of control. He has another year or two before he breaks out, I think. People need to tone down the expectations this year or they're going to be disappointed.
              Similar to how JV actually dropped in this ranking this year, even though he had a solid year last year and he's developing well. It's pretty arbitrary how they pick some raw guys to make a huge leap.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Giannis should be nowhere near the top 100.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Giannis should be nowhere near the top 100.
                  But he's a 6'11" PG
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...rankings-71-80

none of us. i think varajeo is rated too high. don't like him.
                    also i think smith is being rated in a vacuum where winning, playing in a team doesn't matter

Comment

Giannis should be nowhere near the top 100.
                      MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      But he's a 6'11" PG
                      i think this will be the same thing we saw with jonas this year. last year they gave him leeway because they expected him to put up some big numbers and this year the were more conservative. if giannis doesn't show vast improvement then next year they will punish him.

i also think it is too early to put him up here.

Comment

• It's weird how the overrated/underrated pendulum swings too far in both direction. Last year Korver was at 117, probably 20 or 30 spots too low, now he's at 72, above Wes Matthews, Josh Smith, and Val? Korver's been underappreciated for a long time but no way would I take him above any of those guys.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          It's weird how the overrated/underrated pendulum swings too far in both direction. Last year Korver was at 117, probably 20 or 30 spots too low, now he's at 72, above Wes Matthews, Josh Smith, and Val? Korver's been underappreciated for a long time but no way would I take him above any of those guys.
                          That's how it always goes though. Media fixates on a player that's underrated, and then the hype builds to the point that he becomes overrated. The key to good management is to avoid being the team offering the contract when the hype peaks (*cough* Kapono *cough*).

Comment

• How on Earth do the Jazz still have 6 players in the top 70? (Hayward, Favors, Kanter, Burks, Burke, Exum).

Furthermore, double how on Earth is Exum going to be the top rated rookie?

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                              How on Earth do the Jazz still have 6 players in the top 70? (Hayward, Favors, Kanter, Burks, Burke, Exum).

Furthermore, double how on Earth is Exum going to be the top rated rookie?
                              Favors was 90. Burke was 118. Kanter was 154. Burks was 162. Exum was 173.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                                Favors was 90. Burke was 118. Kanter was 154. Burks was 162. Exum was 173.
                                Yeah that's more like it

BTW Exum is terrible
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X