top 500 is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuh wrote: View Post
    I was thinking we should redo the earlier ranking slightly. Our goal should really be to be a top 5 team in the league, not 15th in the league. So let's see how we rank relative to a 'top 5':

Our starting lineup averages middle of the pack, about 10 spots below our aspired top 5.
    5: Kyle Lowry ?? (- a bunch)
    35: Demar Derozan 35 (+0)
    65: Jonas Valanciunas 91 (-26)
    95: Amir Johnson 106 (-11)
    125: Terrence Ross 135 (-10)

Our bench is unusually strong, averaging around 25 spots higher than one expects.
    155: Patrick Patterson 134 (+21)
    185: Greivis Vasquez 147 (+38)
    215: Lou Williams 177 (+38)
    245: James Johnson 248 (-3)
    275: Hansbrough 252 (+23)

Our guys in suits look better than your guys in suits.
    305: Hayes 278 (+37)
    335: Fields 293 (+52)
    365: Stiemsma 355 (+20)
    395: Nogueira 384 (+21)
    425: Caboclo 455 (-20)
    And this whole ranking means nothing anyways because all that matters is your top few guys. Do you think cleveland is sweating because our 10th best player is 252nd in the league? Lol this isnt hockey or baseball, this team starts at ends with lowry dd and jv
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Demar placed 35th. Pretty solid.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...rankings-31-35

DeMar DeRozan was one of eight players last season to average at least 22 points per game with at least eight win shares. Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Kevin Love, Stephen Curry, James Harden, Blake Griffin and Carmelo Anthony were the others.
      -- ESPN Stats & Information (@ESPNStatsInfo)
      Then
      Deandre Jordan 34
      Zach Randolph 33
      Paul Millsap 32
      Mike Conley 31

I think Deandre is maybe 20 spots too high but it's nice to see Millsap move higher.
      Last edited by Scraptor; Fri Oct 17, 2014, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Well now.

Who'd of thunk it?

lol

I hope DeMar stays hungry, my friends.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Kyle guaranteed a spot in the top 30. 30 team league, which means he is seen as a legitimate #1 guy on a team. Some people think you are what you are in this league after a few seasons, but to look at how far this guy has come in 12 months is nothing short of amazing.
          I'm one of those people but that is not for everyone - just the overwhelming majority.

Lowry's play is similar to what he put up in the past but he had injury issues. Also, his skill and potential was never in doubt it was the intangibles such as poise and maturity.

DeRozan is a really rare exception because his skill and ability has increased dramatically since his first few years. This really, really is an outlier in NBA history. I said all last summer and the year before stating I hoped I was wrong and I was and I'm glad.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            I think Deandre is maybe 20 spots too high but it's nice to see Millsap move higher.
            When you lead the league in 2 major catergories, you can only fall so far.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              When you lead the league in 2 major catergories, you can only fall so far.
              True, but it's interesting that the Clips' defense was better with him off the court, drastically so in the playoffs. Hopefully he can transition into that smarter defensive BBIQ the way Tyson Chandler did.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                lol kobe must be pissed

haha

Comment

• I'm happy with Conley's ranking. He's consistently been the most underrated PG in the league.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Lowry came in at 29.. which makes it a wrap:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Lowry came in at 29.. which makes it a wrap:

Which pretty much summarizes what many around here have been saying for years... Toronto is deep with 2nd and 3rd option type players (not to mention role player depth), but is lacking a true #1. Of course, it will be interesting to see how Lowry and/or DeRozan are able to use last season and their offseason momentum to further improve, bumping them into the thick of the 'top 30' discussion.

Comment

• There's plenty of reason not to take these projected rankings too seriously, but isn't #29 already in "top 30"? Since these are subjective future gazing, I'd even go as far as saying #35 is already warranting "top 30 discussion".

That said, they've got Drummond at #30, and I don't think he belongs anywhere close to that, so a big "whatever" toward those crystal ball gazes.

Comment

• Guys: 8 of Philadelphia's 15 players were not even ranked last year. Their starting 5 will include 3 players below the 250 mark.

I am so excited about this team in a very sick and twisted way.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
                            There's plenty of reason not to take these projected rankings too seriously, but isn't #29 already in "top 30"? Since these are subjective future gazing, I'd even go as far as saying #35 is already warranting "top 30 discussion".

That said, they've got Drummond at #30, and I don't think he belongs anywhere close to that, so a big "whatever" toward those crystal ball gazes.
                            if he doesn't perform how they expect next year he will be too low. looks like they think svg will make him howard.

Comment

• It's very nice to have our top guy recognized as a legitimate (top 30) top guy.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Teams like OKC, Spurs or Cavs have 3 top 30 players. This means there is not enough room left for each of the remaining team to get one. So having one is an accomplishment.

Comment

Working...
                                X