X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JV comparable big man production in the modern NBA

Fully wrote: View Post
    I think you mean at best.
    At best I would say Marcus Camby. Amir is a lot more attainable to me.

http://youtu.be/TexsuZl_zkg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sun Sep 21, 2014, 10:50 AM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      At best I would say Marcus Camby. Amir is a lot more attainable to me.

Well I'd agree that an Amir level of impact would be more attainable than Camby but I'd disagree about that being Bebe's worst case scenario or whatever. I don't think he's considered to be that much of a sure thing. It'd be a massive success - and a pretty big shock - if he ever reached Amir's level.
      Last edited by Fully; Sun Sep 21, 2014, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
        Well I'd agree that an Amir level of impact would be more attainable than Camby but I'd disagree about that being Bebe's worst case scenario or whatever. I don't think he's considered to be that much of a sure thing. It'd be a massive success - and a pretty big shock - if he ever reached Amir's level.
        Good point. He has all the physical tools for it. His probably our second fastest big after Amir.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• lol... I was reading these comments about Amir being a best case scenario, and I was about to chime off about that, but then I went back through the posts and realized that we are no longer talking about Valenciunas in this thread. Carry on.

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
            lol... I was reading these comments about Amir being a best case scenario, and I was about to chime off about that, but then I went back through the posts and realized that we are no longer talking about Valenciunas in this thread. Carry on.
            Yeah it has gone

JV to Ross to Bebe

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Yeah it has gone

JV to Ross to Bebe
              And some Bruno in there too

Comment

• Update related to the OP: while JV's per game stats are lower than last year thus far, his per 36 numbers are at the magical 16+10 threshold (16 & 12 to be exact). His FGA are down but his FTA are up, I think this bodes well for another strong year of development.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• End of year review. Going into the season:

Axel wrote: View Post

Taking all this into account, it seems very reasonable to project that JV will be able to put up 16 PPG and 10+ RPG within the next 2 or 3 seasons and could be an all-star (lack of defined center on the ballot will hurt his starting chances, but coaches selection seems reasonable).

Those numbers are relevant, because since 2000, only 16 players have been able to reach 16+ PPG and 10+ RPG. Drill even further down, and the number of true centers to hit that are Dwight Howard (8 times), Shaq (5 times), Yao (2), Al Jefferson (4), Cousins (2), Bynum (1) and Horford (1). That is 7 players who play center over a span of 14 years. That is pretty exclusive company, especially if JV can stay healthy and maintain that productivity over multiple seasons. Since Shaq, Yao and Bynum are all basically out of the league, only Howard, Jefferson and Cousins are the active centers (Horford has since moved to his more natural PF position after playing C for many years).

JV may never be a 20-10 guy, those are very rare (5 last season - 4 of them PFs), but he doesn't have to be to reach a status of big impact center. Those are a dying breed, and JV seems to be poised to reach that soon. Maybe not next season (but possible if given 33-34 MPG) but within the very near future. That is truly exciting.
                  JVs per game figures (this season in bold)

Season MP FGA FG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PTS
                  2012-13 23.9 5.9 .557 2.4 3.0 .789 2.0 4.0 6.0 0.7 0.3 1.3 1.5 8.9
                  2013-14 28.2 8.3 .531 2.4 3.2 .762 2.8 6.0 8.8 0.7 0.3 0.9 1.7 11.3
                  2014-15 26.2 8.2 .572 2.7 3.5 .786 2.7 6.0 8.7 0.5 0.4 1.2 1.4 12.0

JVs per 36

Season FG FGA FG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
                  2012-13 5.0 8.9 .557 3.5 4.5 .789 2.9 6.1 9.0 1.1 0.4 1.9 2.3 4.6 13.5
                  2013-14 5.7 10.7 .531 3.1 4.1 .762 3.6 7.7 11.3 0.9 0.4 1.1 2.1 3.9 14.5
                  2014-15 6.4 11.2 .572 3.7 4.7 .786 3.7 8.2 11.9 0.7 0.6 1.6 1.9 3.8 16.5

So while JV's per game totals came in under the 16+10 threshold, his per36 figures are still in line for it. With the stated goal of 16+10 within 2-3 seasons, I am very optimistic that JV can reach that threshold as early as next year. With a minutes boost (from a new coach) and a better balanced offence, JV should produce very well.

Very exciting indeed.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Not very encouraging that he somehow managed to play less minutes this year, than last year. #FireCasey

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Not very encouraging that he somehow managed to play less minutes this year, than last year. #FireCasey
                      but still managed to increase his scoring, blocks and shooting %s.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        Great signs that he is being developed well.#firejoey

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          While taking less shots at that.

The fact this guy can't get 30 minutes a night blows my mind.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            Great signs that he is being developed well.#firejoey
                            Can't imagine I'm the only one who would like to see JV get more minutes, and feel that he would deliver just fine, and continue to develop if given them.

Comment

• I hate the PER 36 stat. It is so irrelevant and so misleading.

Comment

• JV can show us his growth by really showing up against the Washington's big and dominating the inside.

Comment

Working...
                                X