JV comparable big man production in the modern NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    He is a small 3, but there are only so many big 3's, and JJ can fill some minutes against them. And Bruno, if he stays a 3, and if he pans out, will be a huge 3.
    This is my dream.

Dynasty is counting on it! lol

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
      Dont you find that T Ross is more of a 2 than a 3? He is a small three. Or is his hops compensate for his lack of physical stature
      Ross is a skinny 3. But his height is good for SF at 6'7"
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

He is a small 3, but there are only so many big 3's, and JJ can fill some minutes against them. And Bruno, if he stays a 3, and if he pans out, will be a huge 3.
        Also, that is why I keep saying #Bruno2016.

I don't think it is a coincidence JJ is signed for 2 years.

Comment

Do you believe Bruno's potential is he similar success value as TRoss was in the first year- without the pressure of playing time. If Bruno plays in the D league for a part of the season would that not help him and Bebe more this season

Comment

Do you believe Bruno's potential is he similar success value as TRoss was in the first year- without the pressure of playing time. If Bruno plays in the D league for a part of the season would that not help him and Bebe more this season
            Bruno this season is not gonna get any minutes. But by year 3 when JJ contract expires Bruno should be ready to fill in and get meaningful minutes. Also Bruno is only gonna be 21! in his 3rd season
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Dont you feel that Tdot should trade for another SF prospect of larger size, so that the rotation of DD, TRoss and that SF prospect would be a good 2 and 3 Rotation. Sometimes GV could drop down and play the 2 with KL like last year.

That goal would make Lou Williams expendable for that SF Prospect after a good start as a scoring sixth man, and be good trade material before the trade deadline.
              In a word, no.

What is the point? To stop Old Joe Johnson and the sinking Nets?

Here's a list of starting SF in the East that are a bigger player for Ross to guard.

Luol Deng - 6'9 220 - 28 yrs old
              Jeff Green - 6'9 235 - 27 yrs old
              Paul George - 6'9 220 - 23 yrs old
              Josh Smith - 6'9 225 - 28 yrs old
              Carmelo
              LeBron
              Otto Porter 6'9 198 or Paul Pierce (37 yrs old)
              Jimmy Butler - 6'7 220

Of that list, LeBron, Melo, and a healthy Paul George are all at a level that no prospect can be expected to guard. Butler and Porter aren't big scorers, so not a huge worry and Pierce is going to retire in a year or two and is too slow to play SF well anymore (plus Ross will probably be guarding John Wall in that matchup anyway).

So that leaves Deng, Green and Josh Smith. Are you currently worried that Boston or Detroit will somehow be good enough to be in our way? So scratch Green and Smith. Deng - yes, he will be a matchup problem. Enter James Johnson for this match up. So one team in the East that is good enough to impede our playoff run with a player that is big enough, and good enough (but not elite). Not exactly a good reason to drastically alter our roster management.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                Bruno this season is not gonna get any minutes. But by year 3 when JJ contract expires Bruno should be ready to fill in and get meaningful minutes. Also Bruno is only gonna be 21! in his 3rd season
                Exactly.

Bruno is about as close to a high school player coming in to the league as you can get.

There will be freshmen drafted in June 2015 older than Bruno.

I envision a Jermaine O'Neal type ascent which will hopefully take off in year 3 versus year 5 and won't involve a trade.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Exactly.

Bruno is about as close to a high school player coming in to the league as you can get.

There will be freshmen drafted in June 2015 older than Bruno.

I envision a Jermaine O'Neal type ascent which will hopefully take off in year 3 versus year 5 and won't involve a trade.
                  This is all very fun to think about.

Let's say we do bank on the current roster yielding our long term wing rotation (DD, Ross, Caboclo once JJ is up). Where do you upgrade with our cap space next summer? Do we go after a veteran PF (our David West, though not David West) like Millsap? Or go all out on a young PF like Faried? Or address another position along with bringing back Amir?
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Let's say we do bank on the current roster yielding our long term wing rotation (DD, Ross, Caboclo once JJ is up). Where do you upgrade with our cap space next summer? Do we go after a veteran PF (our David West, though not David West) like Millsap? Or go all out on a young PF like Faried? Or address another position along with bringing back Amir?
                    Who is the best point guard to initially replace GV if he wants to reup at a much higher contract. Must prepare for the day that KL must be replaced. What would it take to trade for Tyler Ennis or someone who is similar to him.

Comment

Who is the best point guard to initially replace GV if he wants to reup at a much higher contract. Must prepare for the day that KL must be replaced. What would it take to trade for Tyler Ennis or someone who is similar to him.
                      I think Ujiri addresses the future of the PG spot through one of the next 2 drafts. We're pretty locked in for the next two years, so it is only in 2016-17 at the earliest that we'll need to have someone drafted to fill in as backup, and we have 3 first rounders in the two drafts between now and then. With PG being our oldest position, I would be shocked if Ujiri didn't find a PG with one of those 3 picks.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If Dragic is resigned by the Suns I would go after an Ennis, are there any big name guards that are playing in the NCAA - one of the Harrison twins or one of the Pg from Arizona or Florida.

Comment

I think Ujiri addresses the future of the PG spot through one of the next 2 drafts. We're pretty locked in for the next two years, so it is only in 2016-17 at the earliest that we'll need to have someone drafted to fill in as backup, and we have 3 first rounders in the two drafts between now and then. With PG being our oldest position, I would be shocked if Ujiri didn't find a PG with one of those 3 picks.
                          I agree. You could start developing a raw PG prospect now.

The other "hole" will be at PF. Amir's health will probably be the first to drop off among the starters, then who do you have behind PP? Mind you if you're hopefully strong at C and SF in a few seasons with JV and Bruno, PF will need an excellent role player rather than a star, so the gap should be fillable via FA or trade. Either another glue guy like Amir or a long range bomber to help spread the floor.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

A glue guy is a Taj Gibson , who Tom T has defense indoctrinated on his backside., at a fixed income 3/25 million. Maybe we pay Amir that amount.
                            I believe Deandre Daniels will be a quality performer.

What about a trade of Norris Coles for Pyscho and Will Cherry is redundant.

Comment

Good questions.

I'm sure Bobby Webster has it all charted out.

But seriously, I really don't know. Even with the greatest talents you've seen without depth around them, the team is not going to win. Raps could go all out and sign a max player but at what cost? I am really looking forward to the next 2 years. The right moves could set them up for 5-8 as a legit contender.

Comment

Love was really the only PF that I would have liked to seen in a Raptors uni of the free agent class from next season.. well that's not happening anymore. Not a big fan of Aldridge and Portland treats him well anyway. Millsap is a nice player but won't really take the team over the top in my opinion.

Who I'd love to try and get is Larry Sanders. His stock should have dropped after last year.. but he's the elite defensive big that I'd like next to JV. Doesn't need the ball much on offense but the perfect compliment to JV in the post from a defensive point of view. Milwaukee is still high on him so I don't know what it would take to trade for him but I'm sure Ross would have to be in the equation (although with Mayo/Parker/Po, I don't know if Ross would be a guy they'd need).

Matthews is a UFA and he won't be as important to Portland as Aldridge would be so may be more attainable. So if you can move Ross to get a PF then I'd look at Matthews in free agency.

Comment

Working...
                                X