No announcement yet.

If the USA FIBA team were an NBA team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the USA FIBA team were an NBA team?

If the USA FIBA team were an NBA team, how would they rank in the 2014-15 standings? For the sake of argument, put them in both the East and West. How do you think they stack up against the current NBA teams? Champs? Conference champs? Top 5? Top 10 overall? Again, for the sake of argument, the same players remain on their NBA teams, and are on the FIBA team, so if we play them, Demar is on both squads. (yay cloning!)

They would definitely be the deepest team in the NBA.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Well any team that basically takes the best players away from other teams is going to be number one.

Unless we're assuming duplicate players on teams. Like would the raptors stack up against them sans Demar? Or would both Demars guard each other?
      I feel like Demar on offence would murder Demar on defnexe
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
        Well any team that basically takes the best players away from other teams is going to be number one.

Unless we're assuming duplicate players on teams. Like would the raptors stack up against them sans Demar? Or would both Demars guard each other?
        I feel like Demar on offence would murder Demar on defnexe
        That's why it says at the end of my post: "Again, for the sake of argument, the same players remain on their NBA teams, and are on the FIBA team, so if we play them, Demar is on both squads. (yay cloning!)"

The USA FIBA team lacks the very top of the NBA's superstar players, but has great depth. How does the FIBA team stack up against the Cavs, or the Thunder etc. Is this a dominant NBA team, or just one of the top teams?
        Last edited by Ion66; Wed Sep 17, 2014, 01:42 PM.

Comment

They would be dominant, they're bench would wipe the floor with every other bench in the NBA.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

NBA Champions, of course they may have some chemistry issues, but in second part of the season such squad would just lift off...
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Yep, they would be dominant. The deepest team ever. Multiple young guys who will be much better this year. Anthony Davis + Cousins could be the best big men in the NBA next year, and they compliment each other very well.

Perimeter defense won't be brilliant. FIBA's smaller court and shorter 3pt line made it much easier for them to defend. But that's their only possible weakness, they would still destroy the competition.

Comment

still think cleveland would give them a run and san antonio and thunder

Comment

Yes I do think they will be the best team but I don't think they will be 82-0, even the Chicago Bulls who went 72-10 in 95'-96' lost to the expansion Toronto Raptors , I am sure some teams will figure them out that playing zone defense will at times play dividends.

However there is just too much talent on that team to beat in a seven game series from any of the elite teams in the NBA, if arguably your worst player on your team is Mason Plumlee then you really have nothing to worry about that.

Comment

Working...
                  X