Preseason and Training Camp 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preseason and Training Camp 2014

Am I just imagining it or in years past haven't members of the team started trickling into Toronto by now and stories and interviews started appearing in the media?

Maybe this is just desperation brought on by the half decent season just past but I am STARVED for Raps news. And FIBA snippets just aren't specific enough.

Old Links: http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...vancouver.html

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/tea.../Training_Camp
    http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/R...183/story.html

Last item includes Some thoughts from Casey and Rautins on establishing a team in Vancouver again. Nothing earthshaking.

Next week it should start.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Anyone know the exact date training camp starts ?
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Anyone know the exact date training camp starts ?
        September 29

Comment

I would pay a significant amount of $$ to be allowed to watch 2 hrs of training camp.
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

What about media day? Does anyone know? I'm not sure if anyone answered this already or not
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Usually first day of camp, no? Rocwell stated September 29

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                Usually first day of camp, no? Rocwell stated September 29
                Oh okay
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Lowry vs. Vasquez
                  DeRozan vs. Williams
                  Ross vs. JJohnson
                  AJohnson vs. Patterson
                  Valanciunas vs. Steimsma

Let the Hunger Games begin!!!

Comment

Lowry vs. Vasquez
                    DeRozan vs. Williams
                    Ross vs. JJohnson
                    AJohnson vs. Patterson
                    Valanciunas vs. Steimsma vs. Nogueira

EDIT: Caboclo vs. Fields. Hansbrough vs. Hayes.

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                      Lowry vs. Vasquez
                      DeRozan vs. Williams
                      Ross vs. JJohnson
                      AJohnson vs. Patterson
                      Valanciunas vs. Steimsma vs. Nogueira

EDIT: Caboclo vs. Fields. Hansbrough vs. Hayes.
                      Team 1
                      Vasquez
                      DeRozan
                      JJ
                      Amir
                      Steimsma
                      Bench- Caboclo, Hansbrough

Team 2
                      Lowry
                      Williams
                      Ross
                      Patterson
                      Jonas
                      Bench- Fields, Hayes
                      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

The Toronto Raptors announced Saturday the team’s annual media day will take place Monday, September 29 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Real Sports Bar & Grill (15 York Street). Players and coaches will be available for interviews and photos.

Head Coach Dwane Casey and his team begin training camp in Toronto on the Air Canada Centre practice court September 30 before moving to Vancouver from October 1-5. A specific practice schedule with days and times will be released in the near future.

Please respond to Jim LaBumbard, jlabumbard@torontoraptors.com or (416) 815-5423, by Thursday, September 25 to confirm a broadcast or still photo location for media day.

Please Note: Media Day is not open to the general public. Media should enter Real Sports Bar & Grill through the upstairs entrance (via the escalator).

The Raptors open 2014 preseason play Sunday, October 5 versus Sacramento (4 p.m. PT) at Rogers Arena in Vancouver. The club’s first preseason game at Air Canada Centre will be Friday, October 10 against Boston (7:30 p.m.). The club’s 2014-15 regular season opener is set for Wednesday, October 29 versus Atlanta (7:30 p.m.).

Comment

Does anyone else not really like that they start in Toronto and fly to Vancouver after just a day in "camp"? Feel like a day or two will be complete write-offs.

I'd rather they stay in one spot for the first week. And barring that, I'd rather they at least just fly to Vancouver on media day after all interviews are done.
                          Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Sep 20, 2014, 03:05 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Does anyone else not really like that they start in Toronto and fly to Vancouver after just a day in "camp"? Feel like a day or two will be complete write-offs.

I'd rather they stay in one spot for the first week. And barring that, I'd rather they at least just fly to Vancouver on media day after all interviews are done.
                            Agreed. But I think they will be okay

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Not the least bit concerned, nor do I understand why anybody should be.

1. Why would that schedule write-off a day or two more than going the day sooner, or a week later. If travel creates write-off, it will any time.
                              2. The coaches, who know about both running an NBA camp, and the obstacles of traveling to the west coast, know well in advance what the schedule is and will plan the workouts and training around it.
                              3. The coaches likely had some say in the schedule to begin with, so are just fine with it
                              4. Maybe the coaches even have a specific plan that makes sense to be in Toronto on that first day of camp, even though unofficial camp will have started weeks before hand.

Nothing to fret about.

Comment

Working...
                              X