Asdkjasdklja;sldkja;skdj
    Best. News. Ever.

Comment

Time to sign up for High Def again.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        10 days until Raps vs Kings.

asdkjasdklja;sldkja;skdj
        Wonder if there will be any lingering "stuff" between JV and the always infantile Boogie Cousins during the first exhibition game of the season. 60-40 yes.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          Wonder if there will be any lingering "stuff" between JV and the always infantile Boogie Cousins during the first exhibition game of the season. 60-40 yes.
          There probably will be, Boogie takes everything personal while JV doesn't really care lol
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

It looks like Casey wants to run a fast break this year:

“We’re not going to put a lot [of new plays] in early because we’re really going to harp on ball movement and multiple pick and rolls, running the floor instead of coming down and a running a play,” he said.

“It probably will look a little helter-skelter early, offensively, but we want ball movement and decision-making to come in and, really, just learning how to play basketball.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...the_court.html

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post

“We’re not going to put a lot [of new plays] in early because we’re really going to harp on ball movement and multiple pick and rolls, running the floor instead of coming down and a running a play,” he said.

“It probably will look a little helter-skelter early, offensively, but we want ball movement and decision-making to come in and, really, just learning how to play basketball.”

Sounds great to me. Better to build a system than rely on playcalling.

Comment

It will be interesting if this leads to a faster pace and what that does to the defensive side of the ball.

I'm firmly in the skeptical camp of this offense actually transpiring for what its worth but I pray it does.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  It will be interesting if this leads to a faster pace and what that does to the defensive side of the ball.

I'm firmly in the skeptical camp of this offense actually transpiring for what its worth but I pray it does.
                  We'll see what happens. To be fair, after the Gay trade, they did implement some of these principles at least to a modest degree, and it's harder to do mid-season. With a full training camp and slightly upgraded roster, results may be surprising. I'm skeptical we'll see something vastly different, but do hope we see at least some progress aligning with those goals.

As for the D, I'm hoping Casey's desire to be strong there at all times will prevent him from emphasizing a "transition game" kind of pace, and that mostly he wants to reduce wasted seconds, and possibly even wasted energy on the offensive end. So I'm not sure what ends up happening, but yeah, don't think Casey will really emphasize pushing it so much that it vastly changes their defensive performance and principles.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

JV, JJ. and Amir are all bigger guys who can run. Lowry, GV, and Lou can move the ball up the floor. Ross, and DD can get up the floor if Casey tells them to, especially if there is a chance of some easy dunks.

Comment

Hansbrough can run the fast break. I watched him run hard down the court for three years in Indiana, but the guards there seemed to think he was invisible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iknRlFn5NiI

Comment

I like the idea of having more ball movement and having the team play basketball the right way.. but I'm a bit concerned if Casey wants to run more.. isn't that the strategy he adopted 2 years ago as well? The defense fell apart that year. The team has changed though quite a bit.. don't have to rely on Bargnani and Jose anymore but still worrisome.

Comment

If the team runs more, that does not have to mean a relaxed defence. Rather, the team takes the opportunity to get a rebound,make the outlet pass, and move down the court quickly. Coach Casey points out that last year, they would move down the court and then set up a play. Of course, by that time, the opponent was already set. It was a weakness, in my opinion. Instead of Lowry pulling up at the three-point line, as he did routinely, he should press while the opportunity is still there. The Raptors have a lot of savvy guys on the team who can pull this off, which is another point Casey makes.

Comment

Hansbrough can run the fast break....
                            I should have mentioned him as well. PPat gets out fairly well too. And is frequently set up for a 3 pt shot as the defenders running back collapse on the obvious big under the basket.

Comment

Going to be at the game this sun! can't wait!!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

NBA just posted this. Disrespectful.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X