No announcement yet.

Media Day???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Bendit;367525]Weeelll, Derek Fisher, new coach of the Knickies is much more confident during their media day...!!

[via Knicks Blog -- ESPN New York]

“I think Andrea will be great. I think Andrea is a great basketball player,” Fisher said. “The system won’t necessarily make him better. He’s had some unfortunate situations with some injuries. He’s obviously been traded, getting used to a new environment and a new team, but also getting traded to a team that was disjointed and a lot of question marks surrounding the team and inconsistencies.

“So in my conversations with Andrea he’s excited and he’s determined to have a really good season. He’s looking forward to what it is we’re trying to do offensively. A lot of times we’ve spoken it’s been about what we’re going to do on the defensive end. He feels good about understanding where we’re going defensively. He’s looking forward to having a great year.”

What a crazy sense of deja vu!

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Year 9....that's the year Bargnani finally breaks through....

It's gonna happen, New York. It's gonna happen. Just have faith.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
        Interviews with twelve of the players:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/toronto-...4-15-campaign/
        The Landry Fields interview in there is very in depth. Shocking for a media day interview. Make sure you give it a listen.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

How come nobody interviewed Bebe?
          He has a great personality based on his interviews from summer league
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

[QUOTE=mcHAPPY;367550]
            Bendit wrote: View Post
            Weeelll, Derek Fisher, new coach of the Knickies is much more confident during their media day...!!

Jose, JR, Melo, Amare, Bargnani

that's probably the worst defensive lineup I have ever seen

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post

They'll score 110 points a night...

...and give up 130.

Comment

It is comical.

I can't help but giggle.

Comment

[QUOTE=MACK11;367560]
                  mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

If they end up somewhere in the middle of the pack in defensive rating through the season.... man they should give Fisher coach of the century trophy!

Comment

Raptors Media Day: Greivis Vasquez - September 29…: http://youtu.be/X2Og91dACHo

Vasquez giving praise to JV and Ross. At 1:35 mark he says we need Ross more than JV. Not in those exact words.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Vasquez giving praise to JV and Ross. At 1:35 mark he says we need Ross more than JV. Not in those exact words.
                      What is it with you and Jonas? Honestly did he do something to you personally? You always find the negative about JV or someone saying this about JV. Have you ever considered saying something positive about him?

Comment

What is it with you and Jonas? Honestly did he do something to you personally? You always find the negative about JV or someone saying this about JV. Have you ever considered saying something positive about him?
                        Nothing personal. Just thought it would be an interesting debate. I was honestly shocked that he said that. Seeing that his was like the only one that would pass the ball in a PnR situation
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Nothing personal. Just thought it would be an interesting debate. I was honestly shocked that he said that. Seeing that his was like the only one that would pass the ball in a PnR situation
                          I'm not sure there's much behind it, I think it boils down to the fact that Ross has the higher roof and could become a lethal player who can drop 50 point games on you. While that's less likely than JV hitting his roof it would certainly be a bigger weapon for the raptors.

I think GV just recognizes that and that's why he emphasized how much Ross reaching his potential would be the biggest thing for the team, not necessarily a knock on Jonas and his contributions.

You could also look at it as he has more to improve and offer ATM, especially after his lackluster playoff appearance

Comment

You're reading way too much into it. Nothing about how he says it implies "we need Ross more than JV". It can be looked at as "we need Ross to make a leap more than we need it from JV".

JV was already more consistent than Ross last year, and we don't have a hole at his spot. Ross still needs to prove himself consistent enough, and a nice bump in production would be a bonus, to fill that gap at the wing. And the fact that he's a 2-way guy means that if he can do that, he'll fill that hole nicely and better than anyone else on the roster can. We have better depth, but JJ is a D-first player, and Lou an O-first player. DeMar and Greivis are similarly more offence-oriented players. Lowry is really our only other perimeter guy with a legit 2-way rep. So Ross' improvement, especially with consistency, would fill an area that is far more obviously lacking, and that complements the players on the team.

But thinking of what the team needs to become a better playoff team, perhaps nothing is more obvious as a choice than JV improving in the post. Arguably our biggest problem last season was that in the playoffs, it was really easy for BKL to focus their D on Lowry and DeMar. Ross' development probably wouldn't change that dynamic nearly as much as Jonas becoming a better post scorer would. Lowry even talked about that in one of his interviews...how they need JV to be better down low so that they can play inside-out ball and become a lot harder for teams to plan against.

Comment

Couple of things leaped out at me. Both Greivis and Williams mentioned coming into camp 100% healthy this year. I think Vasquez said it was a first for him. That could be a significant factor in terms of gettign off on the right foot for both of them. I know what it is like to be less than 100% at the start of the season. You play catch-up for 3-4 months.

Ross mentioned that his main focus was working on improving his decision making. I don't know how you do that, but he has improved, that will be a significant improvement all by itself, forgetting the 15 pounds he said he added, while improving his speed.

Maybe even more important, JV worked with a football running coach to improve his running speed and efficiency, so is faster at the same time he has more energy in games.

That is four things that I hope are accurate, because each of them will be a big help.

Comment

The thing that really stands out as being different from past years is that there is no real "controversies" in regards to positions, starters, competitions, anything. Pretty sure our starting 5 is set in stone, and the bench guys know that. Everyone has their role, and accepts it 100%. LOVE that.

Comment

Working...
                                X