Media Day???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i really hope the team doesnt randomly collapse like the knicks did. they basically had the exact same roster coming out of their 50 win season and then just became absolutely crap the next year with 37-45 record.
    That comparison isn't great though, and I'm going to focus on the bold. They lost a lot of leadership between seasons. Think that in their 53 win year, they had tons of vets....Chandler, Kidd, Kurt Thomas, Marcus Camby, Rasheed, Kenyon Martin, Q-Rich, Ronnie Brewer, Novak, Prigioni....Basically, while many of these guys played marginal roles, they were all seasoned pros, some of whom have always been excellent leaders. They subtracted every one of them except Chandler and Prigioni, and not surprisingly, the next year they struggled badly with chemistry and leadership...on top of Dolan doing his usual stupid things, like prioritizing signing JR Smith's brother rather than bringing back some of those guys (or suitable replacements).

The Raps on the other hand, have only lost Salmons as a vet who had a positive impact on chemistry...of course by the end of the season his on-court performance was so bad that there's really no way we can miss him. Our locker room should not see any slippage in terms of chemistry and leadership. I'm not saying that guarantees we improve this year, but that it makes it very unlikely we completely fall apart.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Sep 29, 2014, 06:39 PM.

Comment

nice shout out on Nba Tv from 3d and Stu Jackson on the raps both looked for growth of jv and tross stu predicted 50 win season

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
        nice shout out on Nba Tv from 3d and Stu Jackson on the raps both looked for growth of jv and tross stu predicted 50 win season
        What a difference a year makes.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          i really hope the team doesnt randomly collapse like the knicks did. they basically had the exact same roster coming out of their 50 win season and then just became absolutely crap the next year with 37-45 record.

Bbbbbut you forget ...they acquired this "asset" .....

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            Bbbbbut you forget ...they acquired this "asset" .....

I legitimately watch this video once a week to remind myself of the good times we're in now.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post

I legitimately watch this video once a week to remind myself of the good times we're in now.
              LOL the best part was "Yes, i can do the defense" i literally bursted out laughing

Comment

Weeelll, Derek Fisher, new coach of the Knickies is much more confident during their media day...!!

[QUOTE][via Knicks Blog -- ESPN New York]

“I think Andrea will be great. I think Andrea is a great basketball player,” Fisher said. “The system won’t necessarily make him better. He’s had some unfortunate situations with some injuries. He’s obviously been traded, getting used to a new environment and a new team, but also getting traded to a team that was disjointed and a lot of question marks surrounding the team and inconsistencies.

“So in my conversations with Andrea he’s excited and he’s determined to have a really good season. He’s looking forward to what it is we’re trying to do offensively. A lot of times we’ve spoken it’s been about what we’re going to do on the defensive end. He feels good about understanding where we’re going defensively. He’s looking forward to having a great year.” [QUOTE]

http://sircharlesincharge.com/2014/0...-great-season/

Comment

[QUOTE=Bendit;367525]Weeelll, Derek Fisher, new coach of the Knickies is much more confident during their media day...!!

[QUOTE][via Knicks Blog -- ESPN New York]

“I think Andrea will be great. I think Andrea is a great basketball player,” Fisher said. “The system won’t necessarily make him better. He’s had some unfortunate situations with some injuries. He’s obviously been traded, getting used to a new environment and a new team, but also getting traded to a team that was disjointed and a lot of question marks surrounding the team and inconsistencies.

“So in my conversations with Andrea he’s excited and he’s determined to have a really good season. He’s looking forward to what it is we’re trying to do offensively. A lot of times we’ve spoken it’s been about what we’re going to do on the defensive end. He feels good about understanding where we’re going defensively. He’s looking forward to having a great year.” Let's see what he says half way through the season.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Media Day: Kyle Lowry on NBA TV http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...-tor-media.nba via @nba

Comment

I feel so sorry for Landry Fields. Pretty much his arm has not improved at all and no one knows if it ever will. He even said he started thinking life after basketball. I don't think he's going to last long in the league. At least he got his degree so he isn't going to be completely screwed. I never thought his arm would be 100% healthy but I at least thought he would have said it made progress. Sad sad story.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                        I feel so sorry for Landry Fields. Pretty much his arm has not improved at all and no one knows if it ever will. He even said he started thinking life after basketball. I don't think he's going to last long in the league. At least he got his degree so he isn't going to be completely screwed. I never thought his arm would be 100% healthy but I at least thought he would have said it made progress. Sad sad story.
                        That's awful. Don't think I saw anything from/about him yet from today's interviews. Poor guy. He had the tools to have a long career as a role player.

On the life after basketball...Maybe he could replace Leo on the broadcasts. Or maybe produce a sports show with Cabbie...I'm sure that would be hilarious.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          That's awful. Don't think I saw anything from/about him yet from today's interviews. Poor guy. He had the tools to have a long career as a role player.

On the life after basketball...Maybe he could replace Leo on the broadcasts. Or maybe produce a sports show with Cabbie...I'm sure that would be hilarious.
                          Yea the only interview with him is the one with Eric Smith and Paul Jones on sportsnet. It's just an audio. He isn't giving up hope but he said it has crossed his mind. And he's come to terms that this arm thing is just something he's going to have to learn to play with. Really sad. I was hoping for somewhat better news. Oh well, I wish him luck after his contract with us is up.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            On the life after basketball...Maybe he could replace Leo on the broadcasts.
                            He seems like a pretty funny guy, outgoing, so probably would do well in that capacity, after a little training. Or he could just go on to make more millions as a businessman.

Meanwhile, I am sure he will contribute as much as he can to the Raptors.

Comment

bendit wrote: View Post

“i think andrea will be great. I think andrea is a great basketball player,” fisher said. “the system won’t necessarily make him better. He’s had some unfortunate situations with some injuries. He’s obviously been traded, getting used to a new environment and a new team, but also getting traded to a team that was disjointed and a lot of question marks surrounding the team and inconsistencies.

“so in my conversations with andrea he’s excited and he’s determined to have a really good season. He’s looking forward to what it is we’re trying to do offensively. a lot of times we’ve spoken it’s been about what we’re going to do on the defensive end. He feels good about understanding where we’re going defensively. He’s looking forward to having a great year.”
                              bahahahahahahahahahahaha....

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaa!!!!

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                                It's such a shame, speaking not just as a Raptors fan, but as a basketball fan in general. Looking back to his rookie year footage, and how smooth his shooting mechanics were, it's hard to believe we're talking about the same player.

Comment

Working...
                                X